GDT 12/11/10 vs. Red Wings

jagknife

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And this is not the first time jmac has put a clueless young defenseman out agst the other teams top stars in crunch time. He's been doing this sh!t all year with magnon, taormina, fayne...and even with fwds such as mills, sestito.

It's amazing the newfound patience Lou has now, prob cuz his cap management has caused this mess. But no other coach got the leeway jmac is getting. No other coach would allow our tactical blunders. The leeway jmac gets filters down to the players. There's no accountability anymore.

I'm just so tired of our awful, awful, painfully crappy defensemen. Mark fayne...just gives me a headache thinking about him.

I might be in the minority here...but being this bad...not as bad as I thought. I guess it has only been 30 games so far. But if you're going to be bad for one year, might as well be this bad.

There have been some really bad teams for years who have never got a really good top pick (Coyotes, Panthers, Jackets come to mind). Not saying the Devils will get a sure fire thing. But they'll have a chance.

Edit: I know there are a lot of people who have invested a lot of money in this team who not be thinking that.

get back to me in 2 months. this is going to get very rough, especially for STH's. the season still has 4 months left in it, and there really isn't going to be any reprieve from this until the deadline... maybe.

today sucked. I actually get far more annoyed when I come home from the games than I do at them. :lol:

after another couple weeks of this, I'm pretty sure I'd give up the pick to go on some Quixotic run like the 'Canes did last year.

Also-- I really need to add this -- why the FVCK isn't Tallinder in Albany. or like, shot or something. he is SOFT, CLUELESS, and at fault for 2 goals tonight.

yeah I've been saying this all year. I don't get why he sucks so badly for his size. (6'3 215 lbs)

They are trying to suck some worth out of his 3.375 MIL/year somewhere out of him.

Also, according to ESPN NHL, he's projected to be a -42 plus/minus HAHA.

My link

Also-- I really need to add this -- why the FVCK isn't Tallinder in Albany. or like, shot or something. he is SOFT, CLUELESS, and at fault for 2 goals tonight.

How was Tallinder at fault for Fayne skating fifty yards out of position to try to get a loose puck in the opposite corner, leaving Datsyuk (I think) all alone in front on the fourth goal? After looking at the replay of that goal, Fayne basically caused it all by himself.

Fayne and Corrente make Tallinder look like a Norris winner, and if that's the best we can do in-house to replace anyone then there's nobody else around you even want to see, cause they're both god-awful.

MacLean is a protégé/clone of Lamoriello’s. Lou is a control freak who does not show emotion and he wants his players and staff to conduct themselves the same way. (Remember the lettuce and tomato sandwich fight?) This blank, machine–like mindset may have worked years ago when you could stifle attackers in the neutral zone..(two line pass) but it is not working in the league today. Unfortunately, the personality of the Devil’s organization has not changed with the times. The game is faster and more fluid. There is a new generation of players that don’t want to spend their career dumping the puck and going for a line change so the team can win by one goal and Marty can have an easy night in net. Times change, Lou doesn’t.

i blame steve cangilosi, matt laughlin, and the usher at the top of the aisle between sections 130-131

Nah it's that usher/security guy with the white gloves that is always dancing at that one point in the game to Barry White or Isley Brothers. He stole all of the team's mojo for his silly dancing.

Or its those babes in the area by the stupid Dream Team mural thing that always want to give me a cigar.

It's amazing the newfound patience Lou has now, prob cuz his cap management has caused this mess. But no other coach got the leeway jmac is getting. No other coach would allow our tactical blunders. The leeway jmac gets filters down to the players.

LL's "newfound patience" has been one of the only things I'm most proud of this season.

Since Pat Burns stepped down back in the 2003-2004 season.. the coaching carousel went from Larry Robinson.. to Lou Lamoriello.. to Claude Julien.. back to Lou again.. then Brent Sutter.. then Jacques Lemaire... and now Johnny MacLean. Should the Devils fire J'Mac.. the next man (whomever that may be) would be the 8th different coach, in past 7 years.

Not to mention our 5th different Captain since 2004, whenever Langenbrunner flies the coop. (either this season, or next season)

Leadership starts and ends with a teams' Coach & Captain. This team has had no identity in either of those 2 categories, since Stevens & Burns sailed off into the sunset.

Tallinder has played better of late despite a sucky minus-16. You can't entirely blame the guy, when MacLean is shifting his pairing partners around like it's a dice game and there appears to be lackluster communication between them, and even Brodeur at times.

Andy Greene continues to suck monumentally (now a minus 19) and if he's brought back next year at even 5 cents, I will puke. Fayne looked completely out of his element against the Wings talented bunch. I don't see why Eckford doesnt get at least another look.

Out of curiosity, Quinn, you weren't with the group of three dudes trying to be funny about a bet with some dude named tim involving rum, where you?

Yeah that was me. What was I trying to be funny about? I was talking to the other security guard asking where tim the one security guard I made a bet with was and he said he wasnt working tonight.

I dont get why your around this site. This is just one of the many posts you have where you seem to cop a tude with members here. If you thought it was me and you thought "I was being funny" you should have said something standing there.....not wait to post on board......

Edited by Quinn01

Without the benefit of seeing a replay I guess I overstated his hand in that goal, but from what I saw in front of me the ref threw up his hand for an ice, Tallinder lollygagged his way to the puck, got outmuscled once the Wing got there, and did little to nothing to prevent the pass in front.

Tallinder was late because there was a botched change. he came off the bench and caught up with Zetterberg

Yeah that was me. What was I trying to be funny about? I was talking to the other security guard asking where tim the one security guard I made a bet with was and he said he wasnt working tonight.

I dont get why your around this site. This is just one of the many posts you have where you seem to cop a tude with members here. If you thought it was me and you thought "I was being funny" you should have said something standing there.....not wait to post on board......

I had no idea until you said you told JJ that we needed him, and that's when I put two and two together.

I was going to say something to you last night for being completely retarded. You had a Kovalchuk jersey on, and you were saying he won't stop because he had a bad game, and you guys joked that was every game and that you hated him and he should be traded back to Atlanta. Great comments dude, just what everyone wants to hear and what the team needs.

I had no idea until you said you told JJ that we needed him, and that's when I put two and two together.

I was going to say something to you last night for being completely retarded. You had a Kovalchuk jersey on, and you were saying he won't stop because he had a bad game, and you guys joked that was every game and that you hated him and he should be traded back to Atlanta. Great comments dude, just what everyone wants to hear and what the team needs.

What are you an a$$hole? I am not responsible for my friends comments. What they say is up to them. As the players walked by, I had nothing but positive things to say to them as I always do. If I didnt want Kovalchuk in NJ, would I have been wear his jersey? Probably not. However, I am correct when I say that he doesnt stop if he has a bad game....he just wants to leave. By saying this, it was not in a negative nor a positive tone....in other words for your simple mind, it was just a statement. Yeah, I joke around with the security guards, as I do with everyone who works at the rock, including the people working the beer stands or the people trying to sell cotton candy around during the game. Most of them look like they hate their lives so I try to make them laugh. I say thank you to all the players who stop and try to fit a few words in.

Besides, is it not ok to show the team discomfort about their play? You surely were not one of the ones booing after each period correct? :rolleyes:

I just got finished watching the game on the dvr, this team is a complete joke.

Also the hockey night live show is fvcking terrible and almost unwatchable.

That's interesting, I was going to post last night that I was really digging Hockey Night Live.