Omark shootout goal

Marshall

I was a fan of Dan Ellis, even after the whole Twitter thing in August, but he's reaching big time with his outrage over this goal, as is EVERYONE on Tampa. Ellis is mad cause he got beat 5 hole on a WEAK shot and the team's mad because someone trumped St. Louis' turn backwards and go backhand on the goalie.

FFS, its not like he used the Easy Button at least then they'd have an excuse to be royally pissed.

lmao seriously? classless? i thought the rags fans were whiny pussies but this is just a whole other level.

haha why would anyone think this is classless? I actually thought it was pretty damn ballsy starting off with the spin. His moves distracted the goalie (THE POINT OF THE SHOOTOUT) and it worked,

solid goal.

Yes, shame on you, Linus Omark, for breaking the No. 1 rule of decorum in a skills competition for rookies, even if that rule is unwritten and was just invented by the Lightning. Clearly, this should have been a 15-foot wrist shot into Dan Ellis' chest instead of an electrifying game-winning goal whose initial move had the Bolts goalie out of sync and position. Where's the class, Linus?

u-mad1.jpg

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil

I was a fan of Dan Ellis, even after the whole Twitter thing in August, but he's reaching big time with his outrage over this goal, as is EVERYONE on Tampa. Ellis is mad cause he got beat 5 hole on a WEAK shot and the team's mad because someone trumped St. Louis' turn backwards and go backhand on the goalie.

Yeah, he almost fanned on the shot. :lol:

I have to admit that was nice......But when you break it down all it was was a spin around center ice fake slap shot and then just went five hole....so it really isnt anything special. Still cool though.

I thought he broke his stick on the fake slap shot. Sounded like it too.

What could classify any of that as "classless"? Because he schooled Ellis?

I have to admit that was nice......But when you break it down all it was was a spin around center ice fake slap shot and then just went five hole....so it really isnt anything special. Still cool though.

I thought he broke his stick on the fake slap shot. Sounded like it too.

What could classify any of that as "classless"? Because he schooled Ellis?

cause ellis has been on a woe is me kick since the summer. and anytime someone shows up the stamkos/st. louis show its offensive to the team

It wasn't a weak shot, he completely fooled him with the fake, and St. Louis's move is at least effective because he shoots backhand, spinning around in the neutral zone is not going to dupe the goalie, so no he did not trump St. Louis's move.

The only thing classless about this was Ellis & Stamkos's reactions. Grow the fvck up.

And, if someone did that on Marty, no the move wouldn't piss me off, only losing the game would.

Everyone knows the shootout is a spectacle, and more of a worn out novelty. I like jazzing it up a bit.

And Trautwig is just an idiot, bringing up the legality of the goal saying the puck can't go backward.

I watched it 7 times & on the spinaround the puck never goes backward.

Jeez the Devils losing sure gets me pissed off about a lot of other subjects...