PB Patch Jerseys For Auction

Chorske17

According to MeiGray, the Pat Burns patched red jerseys are to be auctioned off with all the money going to charity. The Devils jerseys were worn all season and then the patch was added for four games with the last one being December 2nd.

"After the jerseys have been worn in the four designated home games, each of the jerseys worn during this period will then be autographed by the entire team and auctioned off. Further information on the auction is still to come.

Proceeds from the sale of the jerseys will be donated in Pat Burns’ memory to La Maison Aube-Lumiere, a cancer hospice in Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada."

The Devils aren't always the quickest contact all parties involved and I just wanted to find out if anything has been heard concerning these jerseys? If the Devils wanted to auction them off and get the most bang for their buck, I'm really suprised they didn't mention them at games (to bid on or inform those watching that they can own a game worn jersey with a patch to remember a fallen hero). The Devils were 3 and 1 in those jerseys and each day I feel they are going to command less and less since the Devils aren't doing as well as projected. It is a real shame that Pat Burns was only good enough to be remembered on home jerseys for FOUR games.

Has anyone heard anything period?

• Like 1

TG mentioned it on his blog and he re-iterated to me in an Twitter DM that the Devils would put info on their website.

i couldn't even find what you're mentioning on meigray.

Scroll down until you see Barry's responses concerning these jerseys.

http://www.gameworn.net/cgi-bin/GW/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=021904

The Devils put MeiGray in a tough spot and MeiGray handled it quite well. The thread is a good read.

Edited by Chorske17
  • Like 1

According to MeiGray, the Pat Burns patched red jerseys are to be auctioned off with all the money going to charity. The Devils jerseys were worn all season and then the patch was added for four games with the last one being December 2nd.

"After the jerseys have been worn in the four designated home games, each of the jerseys worn during this period will then be autographed by the entire team and auctioned off. Further information on the auction is still to come.

Proceeds from the sale of the jerseys will be donated in Pat Burns’ memory to La Maison Aube-Lumiere, a cancer hospice in Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada."

The Devils aren't always the quickest contact all parties involved and I just wanted to find out if anything has been heard concerning these jerseys? If the Devils wanted to auction them off and get the most bang for their buck, I'm really suprised they didn't mention them at games (to bid on or inform those watching that they can own a game worn jersey with a patch to remember a fallen hero). The Devils were 3 and 1 in those jerseys and each day I feel they are going to command less and less since the Devils aren't doing as well as projected. It is a real shame that Pat Burns was only good enough to be remembered on home jerseys for FOUR games.

Has anyone heard anything period?

Odds are Matt that if you and your circle don't know - no one knows yet!

Fingers crossed ....

• Like 1

Odds are Matt that if you and your circle don't know - no one knows yet!

Fingers crossed ....

The retro gamers continue to be another source of speculation and questions... Lou told some Devils collectors that they were given to the players, but when signing autographs the player said they didn't have them. So where are they?

• Like 1

The retro gamers continue to be another source of speculation and questions... Lou told some Devils collectors that they were given to the players, but when signing autographs the player said they didn't have them. So where are they?

Maybe Bettman took them as part of the compensation for the Kovy deal?

• Like 1

I would have kept that patch on all season.

:(

This just feels like yeah yeah -- nice patch, now sell the shirts and you know give to charity - sure whatever - that's nice. Says something nice about the organization and our commitment to Pat's memory.

<_< So tragically typical and politically correct without any undue emotional investment or anything.

I really do HATE how this organization is getting more and more like any business --- it used to have a college hockey feel to it but it really honestly IS going away now isn't it?

At least it's slow and I can drift off as Lou does. It won't be like ripping off the band-aide whenever he DOES leave.

(I'll add my craziness too -- I was at first thinking what an awful season to have Pat's life commemorated during - but then I though, You know - if ANYONE could have gotten these guys through this season productively in teh end it would be Pat Burns. Maybe just having that little piece of him there would help instill some sense of honor even if you felt like a disgrace :P ) He'd never feel like the team was a disgrace unless they quit and chose to learn NOTHING from this fiasco. Not that I really know though. it's just my fictional Pat Burns, based on his record of constant growth.

Edited by Pepperkorn

:unsure:

Ummm... yeah... I was uhh -- well I'm cheap! I was thinking why give away perfectly good sweaters when you have a whole season left to wear it. It seriously never occurred to me, just because they gave away one sweater there was another with the same patch waiting in the locker room :lol: I'm INSANE today! :rofl: yey gads huh?

Its been widely reported as 4 games - all home.

Unless they change their mind.

Oh really? So I didn't misunderstand?

:saddevil:

oh well...

For those wo didn't see it reported here's the blurb:

Devils to wear memorial patch in honor of Pat Burns

Monday, 11.22.2010 / 4:56 PM / News

New Jersey Devils

Newark, NJ – Beginning with tonight’s game vs. the Washington Capitals at Prudential Center at 7:00 PM, the New Jersey Devils will wear memorial “PB” patches on their sweaters in memory of Pat Burns. The announcement was made today by Devils’ President/CEO/General Manager Lou Lamoriello.

Burns, who coached the Devils to the 2003 Stanley Cup Championship, and served as a member of the team’s coaching staff the past eight seasons, passed away on Friday after a courageous bout with cancer.

The 2½” diameter black patch features “PB” in white stitching and will be worn on the upper right chest for the next four home games through next Thursday, December 2. Each of the jerseys will then be autographed by the entire team and auctioned off. Further information will be made available at newjerseydevils.com.

Proceeds from the sale of the jerseys will be donated in Pat Burns’ memory to La Maison Aube-Lumiere, a cancer hospice in Sherbrooke, Que.

Devils Link

• Like 1

On-line auction of Pat Burns’ memorial jerseys to begin Tuesday

The Devils’ game-worn jerseys, featuring “PB” memorial patches in honor of the late Pat Burns and autographed by the entire team, will be auctioned off for charity at auction.nhl.com, beginning Tuesday at 5 p.m. The on-line bidding will conclude at 9 p.m. on Jan. 11.

Link

On-line auction of Pat Burns’ memorial jerseys to begin Tuesday

The Devils’ game-worn jerseys, featuring “PB” memorial patches in honor of the late Pat Burns and autographed by the entire team, will be auctioned off for charity at auction.nhl.com, beginning Tuesday at 5 p.m. The on-line bidding will conclude at 9 p.m. on Jan. 11.

Link

some of the comments on TG's site for this post are great.

worth the link just for them.

some of the comments on TG's site for this post are great.

worth the link just for them.

My favorite one:

Why would you want a Clarkson jersey… If you get it framed and hang it on the wall it’ll keep falling…

Posted by Your Mom's 5-Hole on 12/20 at 05:45 PM

I don't know what's better, the post or the poster's handle. :lol:

Also, LOL at there being a troll on there called TG = HACK. Some people really have nothing better to do than pick senseless internet fights.