DEVILS SUPPORTERS SECTION - August 16th - come name the section and p

Satans Hockey

Had a good time at the game. Great way to close out our last Supporters game of the season with a win. I was just about dressed in all red, as the costume was very similar to the Red Man that was mentioned a couple of pages back.

What nobody knew was that I was actually cosplaying as an anime character wearing a Devils shirt. I came to the game dressed as Corporal Giroro from Sgt. Frog. Here's a picture of him for comparison purposes.

Giroro.png

I'd have to say, I think I did a good job dressing the part. Could this be a preview of next season where a few Supporters come up with costumes?

Had a good time at the game. Great way to close out our last Supporters game of the season with a win. I was just about dressed in all red, as the costume was very similar to the Red Man that was mentioned a couple of pages back.

What nobody knew was that I was actually cosplaying as an anime character wearing a Devils shirt. I came to the game dressed as Corporal Giroro from Sgt. Frog. Here's a picture of him for comparison purposes.

Giroro.png

I'd have to say, I think I did a good job dressing the part. Could this be a preview of next season where a few Supporters come up with costumes?

Sorry but when you have to go and explain who you are dressed up as and provide a picture, then what is the point of dressing up?

Giroro.png

No offence, but this is one of the strangest posts i have ever seen on this forum, and we have PK!

Whatever floats your boat though, and well done for making the effort.

hmm..... where is the pictorial evidence.... people not present need to see the grandeur of said costume...

It was ok. It was red shirt and red sweatpants with the same type of hat and the stitches drawn on with a marker. I thought he was trying to be an old-tymey football player.

Who's cares if you have to explain yourself....the costume was sick at the game last night ....just keep it up!! We need characters like you in the supporters section

Agreed. I saw the costume and it was good. And he was all in red, which works with the "WEAR RED" part of the section. Props for showing some creativity.

The section last night was awesome. Yeah, we definitely had a smaller group this time, but we all bunched together in the section and we all put our hearts into the effort. Everyone around me was chanting and I had an amazing time. I can't wait for the next event!!!!!!

I had a great time last night as always in the supporters section. For anyone who hasn't heard, apparently they are allocating 100 full season tickets for the supporters section, and are not expecting to do a partial plan or individual game tickets. What a bummer if that ends up being the case. Not only will a lot of people be shut out from participating because they can't afford it or will miss most of the games, but we will end up with season ticket holders selling their tickets to people who won't participate.

I had a great time last night as always in the supporters section. For anyone who hasn't heard, apparently they are allocating 100 full season tickets for the supporters section, and are not expecting to do a partial plan or individual game tickets. What a bummer if that ends up being the case. Not only will a lot of people be shut out from participating because they can't afford it or will miss most of the games, but we will end up with season ticket holders selling their tickets to people who won't participate.

What a terrible move.

There should be some kind of ticket exchange on njdevs, in that case, for people who want to buy and sell supporters section tickets. Can't let the Devils screw this one up.

Edited by Triumph

What a terrible move.

There should be some kind of ticket exchange on njdevs, in that case, for people who want to buy and sell supporters section tickets. Can't let the Devils screw this one up.

I'm going to talk to the Devils about including a letter with the season tickets that recommends that people should try to sell the tickets on facebook or any devils message board first to allow others who don't have season tickets to be a part of the section.

I'm also gonna ask if they can keep 1 or 2 rows open for individual tickets, therefore that would allow new people to come throughout the season.

I know everyone cant do a full season worth of tickets due to financial reasons or because they are unsure where they are going to be job/life wise come next season(I myself fall into this category) so I'm hoping they allow individual tickets even if it's just a row. I think it would be a bad move otherwise.

Edited by Satans Hockey

Yeah, I did wish someone took a picture of me. The explanation given was mostly for the people who saw me at the game last night, just so that they were aware of what it was I did. I did mention that it was going to be somewhat simplistic. :P

I do like the comparison to "old-tymey" football. It did somehow look more like it.

That really is a bummer. I couldn't attend the even last Wednesday and I haven't had a chance to return the voicemail a ticket rep left me about next season. I was really hoping they would make partials available. Regardless I hope they do make individual tickets accessible since thats the only way I'd be able to participate next year.

I've mentioned to Satans before that I think the Devils are jumping the shark with this season tickets idea. Is every home game going to be a devils supporters section night? This has the making of quickly watering down the number of people attending on any given night. I think we should organize the section around select games, rather than spreading ourselves thin over an entire season worth of games, at least for the time being. The season after next may be more suitable for season tickets, but for the time being we need the devils to raise awareness and for us to raise our numbers. I say the devils should implement the same individual game tickets sales as they did this year, with the exception that we get to pick one or two games ourselves.

Edited by Biggie B

I think that it was necessary to have a good portion of a section for us next season as a way to build a base and/or plant a seed so that we may eventually take over the entire section. I know that at the moment it's just full seasons, which disappoints some of the people wanting partials, but hopefully there is a chance for individual game ticket sales at some point.

If this is true, what a dumb move by the Devils? Do they not know what the age of the supporters is. I'd imagine most are 18-30, trying to bring that college fan experience to The Rock. Probably not a group with the money to afford season tickets. I doubt they can find 100 people who want to stand and cheer every game and can afford the tickets.

Ugh, I can just picture half the supporters section being Ranger fans during the Ranger-Devil games if the team doesn't handle the ticket distribution and re-distribution (restricting the way you can sell tickets) the right way.

If this is true, what a dumb move by the Devils? Do they not know what the age of the supporters is. I'd imagine most are 18-30, trying to bring that college fan experience to The Rock. Probably not a group with the money to afford season tickets. I doubt they can find 100 people who want to stand and cheer every game and can afford the tickets.

Well at least Satans Hockey has a whole offseason to (hopefully) recruit that many people as opposed to trying to do it on the fly now, but yeah it's hard to imagine having 100 people commit to full seasons when they could only get about a quarter that last night.

Someone (Adam I think) said he was told the Devils already sold 75 of the 100 season tickets. With that number I am skeptical about a good portion of them being non-participants looking for cheap tickets.

That's not the case. All sections and seats on the defending side are $22 a ticket for season tickets next season.

I think it is unrealistic to expect them to shut down an entire section for us. We haven't proven that we would fill that many seats yet, or even close to it. They would lose so much money if they did that. What is lame is making it so that you have supporters section tickets for every game or supporters section tickets for no games.

• 1 month later...

Cool pic and will be interesting to see how the section fares with full STH for a season.. Definitely good publicity at the very least.. You have to think most sales will come from single game purchasers but it's a start// The success of this section will probably depend on the enthusiasm of the full STH

They aren't doing single game purchases. You either have season tickets or you have no tickets for the supporters section next season unless you share with someone or buy from a season ticket holder. I hope people don't buy season tickets in the supporters section just to get cheap season tickets, especially since it says right there on the front page of the website now "SPECIAL SEASON TICKETS FOR UNDER $1000!"

They aren't doing single game purchases. You either have season tickets or you have no tickets for the supporters section next season unless you share with someone or buy from a season ticket holder. I hope people don't buy season tickets in the supporters section just to get cheap season tickets, especially since it says right there on the front page of the website now "SPECIAL SEASON TICKETS FOR UNDER $1000!"

I heard that they weren't doing partial season tickets which left a lot of people like myself out, but are they really not going to do single game purchases? That's just an insane move on their part. I'd love to make 8-12 of these games next year but I can't make/afford every home game.