DEVILS SUPPORTERS SECTION - August 16th - come name the section and p

Satans Hockey

The one row is what I'm trying to get them to keep open because even I'm not sure about getting full season tickets this year myself cause money is tight right now and I won't be able to make a good amount of games. I'm going to keep pushing the idea of keeping one row open for at least 5 game plans because its important to the growth of the section if this thing is going to succeed in a long term basis and at least with a 5 game plan that will keep other teams fans out still as well.

I agree, at least one row should be left open. Good luck, bud.

So what's the real gripe?

The Devils should find a way to hold a section for walk-up sales - with a special password so it's guaranteed supporters section only?

or...

The Devils should give the Supporters Section buyers season tickets for 42 seats at $10? so that's $420.00 - is that the package they should be offering? with the caveat of Official Devils Supporter Section approval.... the box offices would have to check references to ensure genuine Devils Supporters are taking advantage of this fabulous offer?

Because no one seriously believes for half of a second that the Devils are blocking off this section SOLELY for FULL season ticket holders do they? If it doesn't sell out well then screw it -- NO ONE gets to sit there! It's worth the loss of revenue just to stick it to the Supporters who won't commit 3 months in advance! :huh:

It's as Dan said - they'll offer full season - then with your outcry partials - then of course regular box office. you all managed fine on regular box office last year. I just think it's perfectly FINE for the team to start off the section this way. It ensures some Supporters at the outset -- then it's up to you.

AND I'm sure that if you come up with a real alternative they'll work with you on making seats int he section available to Supporters before they're available to Ranger fans. But seriously -- how else do you expect them to do this?

YOU KNOW - one thought -- if you had specific ushers for that section hand out discount vouchers to people at games. That way obvious support section fans are given a special discount opportunity before rival fans.... Those are people that care so they won't hand off the voucher to Ranger fans or something if they can't use them. I like my plan!! See? now THAT is productive bitching. Just bitching and grousing isn't helpful in any way. Offer up some DOABLE alternatives! The Devils have more than proven they're listening and willing to work with you all

Edited by Pepperkorn

Because no one seriously believes for half of a second that the Devils are blocking off this section SOLELY for FULL season ticket holders do they? If it doesn't sell out well then screw it -- NO ONE gets to sit there! It's worth the loss of revenue just to stick it to the Supporters who won't commit 3 months in advance! :huh:

It's as Dan said - they'll offer full season - then with your outcry partials - then of course regular box office. you all managed fine on regular box office last year. I just think it's perfectly FINE for the team to start off the section this way. It ensures some Supporters at the outset -- then it's up to you.

AND I'm sure that if you come up with a real alternative they'll work with you on making seats int he section available to Supporters before they're available to Ranger fans. But seriously -- how else do you expect them to do this?

EXACTLY!!! Haha... Once partials come out, I'm sure the Supporters Section will have a few plans.

They're not blocking off the whole section for season tickets, it's part of the section, so they could sell out the rows they have set aside for season tickets and the rest of us would just have to buy regular tickets and hope we can move to the supporters section without the usher hassling us again, or buy tickets from a season ticket holder. Obviously if they don't sell out the supporters section area they will still offer those seats.

Edited by devilsfan26

I don't think that is a big deal. We haven't proven that we can fill up an entire section even for one game yet, so it would be foolish of them to close off the entire section for the entire season for us. The fact that right now it is either season tickets or no tickets is by far a greater annoyance.

• 2 weeks later...

I got a call from my ticket rep today saying he found someone willing to split a pair of supporters section season tickets in half, but I think even a half might be too much for me. Does anyone want to go in with us and get a pair of tickets for a third or a fourth of the games? It is about $485 per seat for half the season, so about $325 for a third, and about $245 for a qaurter. Let me know!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I went to the meeting. It was run pretty well in the Cure Courtside Club. The logo and new official name is in the works as well as a constitution for the group as well. Mainly so no Rangers and Flyers fans are in the Section being @$$holes to the people in the section. Specific chants are being developed. I was able to snag a puck and some Devils Army tattoos and they gave us Liberty tickets for free in the Goal Bar.

I went to the meeting. It was run pretty well in the Cure Courtside Club. The logo and new official name is in the works as well as a constitution for the group as well. Mainly so no Rangers and Flyers fans are in the Section being @$$holes to the people in the section. Specific chants are being developed. I was able to snag a puck and some Devils Army tattoos and they gave us Liberty tickets for free in the Goal Bar.

Any hints about the name would be??

Please keep as great a distance from Devils Marketing as possible. This is a fan-organized, fan-lead group. Devils Marketing will sterilize this

Yes, they were there as well.

Any hints about the name would be??

122 Devils Infantry but the other two escape me. My memory is crappy, the 122 I like cause it sticks more with the Devils army theme.

Edited by njdevils2003champs

I was at the meeting also and it went well from my view. We made progress on the name and while there's no official name as of yet, logos are being designed based on the top three names that we decided on (my suggestion, 122nd Devils Infantry, being one of them). The constitution being worked on is mostly stuff that was already mentioned before and then some. And yes, we also had the option to stay for the WNBA game (which ended with a close victory by the Liberty).

And of course, I was the guy with the awesome hat. :D

I was at the meeting also and it went well from my view. We made progress on the name and while there's no official name as of yet, logos are being designed based on the top three names that we decided on (my suggestion, 122nd Devils Infantry, being one of them). The constitution being worked on is mostly stuff that was already mentioned before and then some. And yes, we also had the option to stay for the WNBA game (which ended with a close victory by the Liberty).

And of course, I was the guy with the awesome hat. :D

Very awesome hat!