DEVILS SUPPORTERS SECTION - August 16th - come name the section and p

Satans Hockey

Haha oh well damn, I heard a whole ton of cheering and thought it was you guys :P

the bulk of the cheering was 233 and a handful of us in 133. my self and now two new devils fans. we started chanting to help some little kids get one going, then followed suit with 233's chants.

i cannot wait until we put forth the same kind of showing friday night.

also, add me as +1, my sister is beyond psyched about this too.

the bulk of the cheering was 233 and a handful of us in 133. my self and now two new devils fans. we started chanting to help some little kids get one going, then followed suit with 233's chants.

i cannot wait until we put forth the same kind of showing friday night.

also, add me as +1, my sister is beyond psyched about this too.

Awesome, check your pms as well. I sent you some more stuff about the chants so we can get that list finalized.

Satans Hockey, kudos to you mister. You did an awesome job of seeing this through and it's especially nice to see support like considering where the team stands right now. It's great seeing legitimate support for them. Great job man.

I'm going to try and attend but may not be able to get out of a prior birthday engagement. I'd really like to be a part of this though.

Here is an updated list I made, please let me know if I missed anyone or need to make any corrections...

Tickets purchased throught the link...

1 - Satans Hockey

2 - Cam Siss

3 - Cam Siss +1

4 - Michael Potaski

5 - Micahel Potaski +1

6 - adam85491

7 - adam85491 +1

8 - hurricane1091

9 - HockeymanNJD

10 - HockeymanNJD +1

11 - HockeymanNJD +2

12 - HockeymanNJD +3

13 - CJNJDevils

14 - CJNJDevils +1

15 - jagknife

16 - devil dan 56

17 - devil dan 56 +1

18 - devilsfan26

19 - devilsfan26 +1

20 - devilsfan26 +2

21 - devilsfan26 +3

22 - NJD_3_Cups

23 - NJD_3_Cups +1

People who already have tickets but are joining anyway...

1 - Brian Franken

2 - Brian Franken +1

3 - Linda Gehrig

4 - Linda Gehrig +1

5 - Lord Krang

6 - Bill

7 - NJDevils Militia - maybe

8 - RD

9 - Colin226

10 - thefiestygoat

11 - thefiestygoat +1

12 - pacmanghostx - may stop by

13 - devilsrmlife

Total people so far = 36

I've been counted twice on that list (Brian Franken).

Awesome, check your pms as well. I sent you some more stuff about the chants so we can get that list finalized.

chant list is updated based off your PM

i'd also love to at least try out the "uh-oooooh" chant from the USA video. just trying to figure out the three beat chant we could do in place of "u-s-a-"

"let's-go-devs" maybe?

Have a great time you guys! Wish I could be there... after the Wangs game I doubt I'll be allowed anywhere near Newark until the season i s over. <_< My husband will say it's the principal of the thing :lol:

I kid! I hope Rebecca and I get to go a few more times. She needs to see how great Marty is. HEY! AND if I show her their picture together back in the day she might thaw a little :lol:

(hey... 10 years ago a had a crush on Marty - binoculars were a requirement when I went to games ( I never watched games on TV and never even though to search the web... no... that came in June 2001 :argh: )

Edited by Pepperkorn

We could also borrow from our minor league team in trenton, I know they all yell out "Who caresssss" after the announce who scored for the other team.

we used to chant non-stop during the player introductions "NO ONE CARES!!! [clap clap clap-clap-clap" could be a replacement of the traditional "Sucks!" but i doubt it'd ever catch on with so many people loving the "sucks"

When is the final cheer list being put up?

My only thoughts are that we should do the "I believe that we will win" chant before the game.. Saving so many chants for after we win could result in us not having many chants if you know what I mean.. just being real about it.. and we should like jump up and down on the powerplay like Duke basketball fans do when they have the ball (or is it when they are on defense?)

When is the final cheer list being put up?

My only thoughts are that we should do the "I believe that we will win" chant before the game.. Saving so many chants for after we win could result in us not having many chants if you know what I mean.. just being real about it.. and we should like jump up and down on the powerplay like Duke basketball fans do when they have the ball (or is it when they are on defense?)

http://crackingtheice.blogspot.com/2010/12/official-209-chant-list.html

that's pretty much what we will use for tomorrow, of course if someone comes up with something good tomorrow we can use that as well, the list is just something to help things out. I agree about I believe that we will win and the updated list includes that we will do that chant earlier in the game as well.

One final thought. If you guys come up with something clever after the HEY! when the team scores, it might not change what people say immediately, but over time and with the group growing it could. I'd make an attempt to get rid of the "You Suck" to something a lot more positive.

If anyone can come up with something clever I'm all for it cause I'm not a fan of "you suck" either. I just have 0 ideas for something else to replace it with that could catch on.

http://crackingtheice.blogspot.com/2010/12/official-209-chant-list.html

that's pretty much what we will use for tomorrow, of course if someone comes up with something good tomorrow we can use that as well, the list is just something to help things out. I agree about I believe that we will win and the updated list includes that we will do that chant earlier in the game as well.

Let's make history :cheers:

I'm in the process of making a 15 to 20 foot banner as well that's going to say "NEW JERSEY DEVILS SUPPORTERS"

I got the materials today to make it but I'm probably going to need a few people to help get the thing taped onto the wall. I'm going to try to have it up before the guys come out for warmups so if anyone gets there earlier enough just look for the guy with the big banner rolled up in the last row of the section.

Let's make history :cheers:

I will lead the "I Believe" chant after the first "lets go devils" chant that the organ does after the first face-off.

I'll try to keep the "i believe that we will win" part going for 4-5 times, then transition right into "uh-ooooo! Dev-ils!" chant [the u-s-a one]

as we said at UB, "FOLLOW ME TO FREEDOM!"