DEVILS SUPPORTERS SECTION - August 16th - come name the section and p

Satans Hockey

A big thank you to everyone who came out and joined us! It was a blast.

Now in reference to something I'm going to talk to the Devils about, there were some people who purchased the tickets who had no idea what the supporters section even was and didn't want to be a part of it yet they purchased the tickets anyway. On the next link I'm going to see if the Devils can put something like "This is a chanting, standing and supporting section so please be aware when purchasing tickets."

Other then that minor issue everyone who knew what was going on and was interested looked to be totally into the game.

It was nice to see the team play well, I'll keep everyone updated about whenever the next game will be.

I had a great time in the section (I was in the last row of section 107). The "I believe" chant doesn't sound very good on paper, but once people get it going, it sounds incredible. I was hesitant about it until hearing it, but it's certainly a keeper.

I think once we get the same people going to the same games, more of the chants will catch on (it was very heavy today on Marty and Let's Go Devils chants). I like that you guys realized that "Attack!" just wasn't working on the PP and switched it up.

My only disappointment was that I think there were too many people there either a) as regular ticket holders in the sections or b) because they could get $20 seats and weren't interested in taking part in the whole "Supporters Section" thing. If I may suggest for the next game, seeing if the Devils can find the section(s) with the absolute fewest number of season ticket holders, and maybe getting in there. Not sure you can do much about people who just want the cheap tickets, but it was a little disappointing there weren't more people standing and participating (there were definitely A LOT, but not everyone, as I had hoped).

I loved that they had the sections do the kick-off "Let's Go Devils" chant that they've been doing this season, and that the goal announcer held off saying Clarkson's last name after the first goal so we could yell it. Gotta work on the timing there, but it wasn't bad for something not planned until just before the game started. That kind of stuff will work better the more often these games happen.

Big big big big BIG props to Satans Hockey for seeing this thing through and for being extremely loud in a non-belligerent kind of way - that's exactly what's needed to make this thing happen. Looking forward to the next one already!

The cheers of "Marty, Marty" were frequent during the second and third periods.

"I heard," Brodeur said. "That goes with the way you play. When you play well, you get these accolades. It's always nice to get the support from the people coming to the games."

Mission Accomplished...good job guys

That's awesome. Where did he say that?

Now in reference to something I'm going to talk to the Devils about, there were some people who purchased the tickets who had no idea what the supporters section even was and didn't want to be a part of it yet they purchased the tickets anyway. On the next link I'm going to see if the Devils can put something like "This is a chanting, standing and supporting section so please be aware when purchasing tickets."

Other then that minor issue everyone who knew what was going on and was interested looked to be totally into the game.

It was nice to see the team play well, I'll keep everyone updated about whenever the next game will be.

I always find it comical when people get annoyed at other fans cheering and getting into the game.

It's a sporting event, not a funeral.

I was in the last row of 107, cheering the whole time of course, and I have to say that this was one of, if not the most entertaining games I attended. Whoever brought the horn and was blowing it in the last row of 106 is a genius, it made a huge difference in my opinion. Satans, were you in the last row of 106?

I was in the last row of 107, cheering the whole time of course, and I have to say that this was one of, if not the most entertaining games I attended. Whoever brought the horn and was blowing it in the last row of 106 is a genius, it made a huge difference in my opinion. Satans, were you in the last row of 106?

Yup, I was in the last row of 106 on the aisle seat next to 107. And a big thank you to Adam who brought the horn. It was also fun to see NJ Devil come over and join along with our chants as well.

Yup, I was in the last row of 106 on the aisle seat next to 107. And a big thank you to Adam who brought the horn. It was also fun to see NJ Devil come over and join along with our chants as well.

Good job to you and your friends for keeping the Lets Go Devils Chants go all night long. I must say, being in the last row worked out for the best. We were able to stand the whole time without being hassled. Haha

Edited by Biggie B

Good job to you and your friends for keeping the Lets Go Devils Chants go all night long. I must say, being in the last row worked out for the best. We were able to stand the whole time without being hassled. Haha

Seriously, I was so thrilled to know I was in the last row.

Also, we need nametags for shindigs like this, haha. I'm presuming you were probably the guy a few seats down from me most of the night? (I was in seat 11 or 12 I think...well, standing in front of it, anyway).

Great work guys!! Kills me that I couldn't make it, but I recruited heavily for this so I'm happy I could help in my own way.. I talked to the head of the marketing dept. about the section and he loves it, so I think we should start working on a 3rd game

Maybe the support of the section is what kept the players battling until the end and not giving up when down, and even if it didn't, let's pretend it did :cheers:

Also, we need nametags for shindigs like this, haha. I'm presuming you were probably the guy a few seats down from me most of the night? (I was in seat 11 or 12 I think...well, standing in front of it, anyway).

Gotta get the custom jersey for such a situation.. Just check my avatar.. I've had a few people recognize me at games lol

Just got home, great game guys.

Had such a great time, even if there was a few people who were not into what we were doing.

Awesome time, everyone was loud, and ultimately the devils won, COULDN'T HAVE GONE BETTER!

maybe next time I can bring my drum.

GREAT GAME SO MUCH FUN!

Yup, I was a few seats to your right. Haha

I had a blast tonight everyone! I know it was a little disapointing to see that a bunch of people were sitting down, but a ton still stood up and even a lot of those sitting down were participating in the chants.

I don't know how it sounded on TV, but the third period was our loudest. 107 is open though so maybe that didn't help force the sound towards the ice? Either way, we were at it chance wise all night long, and I thought it was very loud and very fun.

I was particularly fond of the PP chant we did PASS (horn) SHOOT (horn) SCORE (horn) hopefully we can continue to do that. Also, I was the guy with the horn in the last row of 106. A lot of ushers liked us and seemed really amped up, and we even had a LGD chant going in the PNC Tower on the way out.

Good job everyone, we may have our differences and arguments, but we really come together for the games and I have no doubts we have a positive impact on the product on the ice.

I didn't get a chance to watch the game from my position. But I was in section 17/18 breaking someone. I could hear the marty and LGD chants perfectly. I only noticed about 3-5 rows entirely standing. That was a huge disappointment. I also noticed someone wearing a white jersey? But that was when we were down 2-1. So maybe that's why.

Two things about chants. When you're on the side of the opposing goalie, do lots of taunts towards him. Even before he's scored on.

Another I think would be funny is during a PK, it would take a lot of coordination though. But do the usual defense chant while killing, and if they go for a short handed scoring attempt start chanting offense instead

I didn't get a chance to watch the game from my position. But I was in section 17/18 breaking someone. I could hear the marty and LGD chants perfectly. I only noticed about 3-5 rows entirely standing. That was a huge disappointment. I also noticed someone wearing a white jersey? But that was when we were down 2-1. So maybe that's why.

Two things about chants. When you're on the side of the opposing goalie, do lots of taunts towards him. Even before he's scored on.

Another I think would be funny is during a PK, it would take a lot of coordination though. But do the usual defense chant while killing, and if they go for a short handed scoring attempt start chanting offense instead

i had an ellis taunt every time we scored, i'm pretty sure he gave us a stare at one of the tv timeouts. lol #danellisproblems

Had a good time. We had a good amount of people standing, but also a bit sitting. It was loud for sure, and I'm glad other people got into the Marty chants and Ellis taunts. I loved starting the Ellis taunts and would like to taunt him while on the power play as well.

Ugh god damm this flu lol. It kills me I couldnt of gone. I am one of the loudest guys you'll see lol. I'm the young guy at the games that gets the D-E-V-I-L-S chant going. At the NYE game I had people in lower bowl going with it they were able to hear me down there; I was sitting middle of 211 and moved to the top of the staircase to do the chant. I can't wait for the next one I am so there!!!

Edited by ChilltownDevs2673

I thought the section was awesome tonight, way better than the Viking Army the other day. Loud, but not too loud, supportive all the way through, inclusive, and got everybody at least thinking about cheering, if not cheering. Well done SH! And good to see the Devils recognize it at the beginning of the game!

Yeah, I do have to express disappointment towards those that happened to be sitting a fair bit (with most of that disappointment towards the coward that complained to the usher about me standing). I suppose that with a larger group in comparison to the last game, it's probably something that would have to be expected and not everyone would be keen to stand the entire game.

However, the whole 106/107 sections did get real excited when the Devils got back into the game and we stuck around a while longer after the game than the rest of the crowd. Gotta give props to that at least.