DEVILS SUPPORTERS SECTION - August 16th - come name the section and p

Satans Hockey

Let me say - this is easily one of the best ideas ever, and its even better that you guys follow through with it. I'm one of the STHs in the lower bowl and I told my rep that they should do everything they can to encourage more fans to join the supporters section. I mean, this is what its all about!!

I'll keep reminding him - the team has to do whatever it can to encourage this.

Well done, keep it up.

• Like 1

so i was at the kings/oilers game at the staples center last night and the oilers showed up big with fans with songs, we have much work to do but we are in the right direction. it is completely an awe struck experience when you hear songs you have no idea about instead of the boring 'let's go this team' chant. it really shows the fans care.

Anybody see this?

http://thepensblog.com/pensblog-news/jobber-posts/terrible-towel-invasion-on-thursday-in-new-jersey.html

Too bad we didn't have this game as our next....

If this turns out to be a big turnout at prudential, i say we counter with a road trip with the Devils supporters section to Pitt

I don't think there will be that many Pittsburgh fans in attendance (who are actually from Pittsburgh and Steelers fans as well) because of it being a Thursday night game. I wouldn't be too concerned about this "invasion" that they are calling it.

I don't think there will be that many Pittsburgh fans in attendance (who are actually from Pittsburgh and Steelers fans as well) because of it being a Thursday night game. I wouldn't be too concerned about this "invasion" that they are calling it.

Well even if not, i think it would still be cool to go to another arena and cheer on our boys there. Have you guys thought about that at all or are you just trying to keep it to the Pru center?

Well even if not, i think it would still be cool to go to another arena and cheer on our boys there. Have you guys thought about that at all or are you just trying to keep it to the Pru center?

For right now there are no plans to take the show on the road. There are a lot of issues I would be running into, if we were taking a bus I would have to collect money to set that up, then there is the issue of ticket availability in certain arenas (I'm not sure Pittsburgh would even want to sell us 50 tickets or so) then there is the issue of security because the home teams fans might not like us being that loud in their arena. Philly would never happen and MSG would be a nightmare when it comes to dealing with their fans. Long Island might be the easiest game to do.

I love the idea of taking it on the road but I just don't see it happening anytime soon because of all these issues.

If the issues ever work out, I'd be down for going on the road...The easiest would be NYI obviously...Just get a group sale in a section over there (if possible a link like the one for the pru center we are using) and everyone could just buy their own tickets and drive there...It'd have to be a weekend since that's like a 3.5 hour drive for me I think?

If the issues ever work out, I'd be down for going on the road...The easiest would be NYI obviously...Just get a group sale in a section over there (if possible a link like the one for the pru center we are using) and everyone could just buy their own tickets and drive there...It'd have to be a weekend since that's like a 3.5 hour drive for me I think?

You think they would go out of their way to give us a link instead of making us collect the money ourselves? I mean, they need people to attend games but that's helping another team's fans.. Maybe someone can find out how the Nordiques fans did their group thing

Edit: That being said, I think the Flyers organized a group trip to our building last season for opening night (complete with bus ride too).. Maybe we could get the team to do something similar for us, minus our fans stabbing each other afterwards like theirs did :whistling:

Edited by Colin226

You think they would go out of their way to give us a link instead of making us collect the money ourselves? I mean, they need people to attend games but that's helping another team's fans.. Maybe someone can find out how the Nordiques fans did their group thing

Edit: That being said, I think the Flyers organized a group trip to our building last season for opening night (complete with bus ride too).. Maybe we could get the team to do something similar for us, minus our fans stabbing each other afterwards like theirs did :whistling:

Just my opinion but I don't see other teams giving us a link for tickets. I don't think it would even be easy to get tickets, especially when teams like the Flyers, Penguins and Rangers don't have a hard time selling tickets for a game against the Devils. I don't see the Devils getting involved with sending us to another arena either.

I think we need to worry about keeping this going in our own arena first before we start trying to go to other ones.

The Isles have BOGO tickets and can't fill half their arena. I don't think we'll have an issue getting tickets, you don't have to tell them you're a devils group lol.

It would be glorious to have our chants heard at an away game, NYI is the best place to do it. I'm all for getting this done right at home first but it's something to consider for the future.

The Isles have BOGO tickets and can't fill half their arena. I don't think we'll have an issue getting tickets, you don't have to tell them you're a devils group lol.

It would be glorious to have our chants heard at an away game, NYI is the best place to do it. I'm all for getting this done right at home first but it's something to consider for the future.

Other then the Isles I do think we would have a hard time getting tickets for the other teams in our division. If we expect to stand and chant then we would have to tell them in advance or it would just become a big issue when we arrived and tried to do that.

Maybe in the future we can do something but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

I think it'll be a long while before we even think of taking it on the road. We still have to establish ourselves and get more organized, not to mention being more active. I know we've been heading in the right direction, but I see no need to rush.

It would be good to have a sort of to-do list/timetable. I know the main goal is to have a section be set up as a standing/cheering section for next season. Until then, we're pretty much going on a game-by-game basis (by my estimate, most likely once a month).

Regarding chants sheets, it's good to hear that they'll be placed on the seats. I would have to assume that the method is approved first before being done, am I correct?

Give yourself time, and establish yourself so that everyone going on a regular basis to home games know who you are, what you do and what your targets are for the future.

But what you can do: For the game at Madison square garbage in februar, try to meet up at the Newark Penn station, as many devils fans as possible, and take the same train to NY and to the game? That'll look like an invasion, although you might be separated in the stadium itsself...;)

L

Regarding chants sheets, it's good to hear that they'll be placed on the seats. I would have to assume that the method is approved first before being done, am I correct?

Nah. Just get there when doors open and start taping. You'll be there for a while. If the usher is curious, they will come ask. Just say what you're doing or even tell them you got approval from marketing :-)

Spoke with the top marketing guy for the team last night.. He said they are planning to advertise the Feb 4th game using the Devils Army Generals (the group I'm a part of), so I'll be able to help out with that.. They also said they plan to advertise it as a standing, cheering section :boogie:

How about a "WE ARE... JERSEY!!" akin the We Are Marshall :cheers:

I'm telling you, if we do a Devils Army chant or a Jersey's team type chant, JVB will pay us to attend games.. It would be his vision coming to fruition

Edited by Colin226