DEVILS SUPPORTERS SECTION - August 16th - come name the section and p

Satans Hockey

Called em got my free tix for tonight! I just have the woman my name and she said they'll be waiting for me at the box office! I'll be there!!!

Satans Hockey this is amazing; what you have made this group into in 3 games is nothing short of incredible. When the organization takes notice you have some serious pull. Thanks SH for starting this; lets keep it going tonight!

Edited by ChilltownDevs2673
  • Like 1

Reminder, whoever has that gigantic banner.. bring it! :0)

Heck of a job Satans Hockey

That's me, I'll be bringing it tonight, not sure if the section has a backing tonight or not but I'll find out when I get there.

Thanks everyone! Without the incredible backing and participation from everyone this would have never gotten even past a game. I was just as surprised as everyone else today, I was not expecting to get a phone call like that. I'm beyond pumped for tonight.

Edited by Satans Hockey

There's a wall back there, so there shouldn't be a problem having one put up.

EDIT: With realistic proof. http://www.seathound.com/venue/prudential-center-82/hockey/balcony_end_102.html

Another edit: This is based on the section number that was mentioned. I could be so wrong I'd be laughed at for all of 5 seconds. ^_^

Edited by DeevFactor

God I wish I could go to this. I keep getting cheap (or in this case free) ticket offers for days I can't be there.

I really think this is an edict from on high, whether it's management or players or whoever, to get that building rocking tonight and really push the home ice advantage at this critical juncture in the season.

Make us proud guys!

As a STH I feel like I'm being taken advantage of, Am I the only one?

I emailed my ticket rep about things like this.. I'll PM you the email I sent and you can send one to your rep if you'd like

I have mixed feelings.. On the one hand, I hate thinking I paid money up front and displayed my commitment to the team up front only to have the people who rarely go to games (only when they get free/super-cheap tix) get all the reward.. On the other hand, I have never complained to an airline that the guy sitting next to me on my flight got a cheaper ticket cause he waited longer, and so the airline should give me a refund.. I mean, if the Devils were 1st in the league, right now, this game's tix would be re-selling at almost double face value and the team certainly wouldn't be complaining to me that my tickets were underpriced and they are getting screwed..

It goes both ways.. But in general, if the team charged less and didn't have these last minute deals (or giveaways) and just told the fans at the beginning of the season "We won't be having deals.. Buy now or you'll miss out on getting a seat" then people wouldn't hold out for a deal, which the team is forced to give because people weren't buying (they were holding out).. IT's a cycle and the team needs to see that

I go to about 11 games a season. I am 2yrs out of college and my job doesnt pay enough for me to be a STH. I don't hold out, I just can only afford the tix when they are for special offers, single game tix, or wait outside for $10 tix. These are when I can afford to go. I buy stuff at the game they make the money back from me.

As a STH I feel like I'm being taken advantage of, Am I the only one?

I for one have been on both sides of the argument. When I was younger I would take advantage of the free/cheap tickets and now that I can afford to buy Seasons I do. Basically I understand the give and take aspect as long as it means good things for the Franchise in the end.

I go to about 11 games a season. I am 2yrs out of college and my job doesnt pay enough for me to be a STH. I don't hold out, I just can only afford the tix when they are for special offers, single game tix, or wait outside for $10 tix. These are when I can afford to go. I buy stuff at the game they make the money back from me.

What if the Devils had tickets for like $15 a piece every game but said they would never be discounted at all.. Would that get you to games?

Maybe you don't consciously "hold out" for a game but the fact of the matter is you've told yourself that you can't go to games unless they hold a special and charge far less than face value.. The team isn't going to hold these specials in September.. They hold them for games once they see attendance is way down and they need to fill the house more.. Makes sense, but it trains fans to wait to buy tickets, because why would you buy a ticket for full price in December for a mid-week March game when you know that typically the team will have some sort of special for that game within 2 weeks of it being played? How would you feel if you bought an $85 lower-level ticket to the Feb. 8th game only to see the same seat selling for $26 a week before the game? Would you buy early again or wait next time?

Edited by Colin226

I for one have been on both sides of the argument. When I was younger I would take advantage of the free/cheap tickets and now that I can afford to buy Seasons I do. Basically I understand the give and take aspect as long as it means good things for the Franchise in the end.

I whole-heartedly agree and was the same way.. Used to only do the $10 line and the various specials I got in the mail.. And even now as a STH, I realize that the team needs to fill the stands and I'm happy the specials/giveaways allow them to do so.. But what I hate about them is that they bring down the value of my tickets when I go to resell them.. Mine cost $24 per seat per game for the uppers.. I think it's a fair price for what I get as a STH.. But then the team gives upper level tickets away or sells them for less than $24 and now those people are reselling their seats for as low as $3 - $5 on StubHub and other resale channels.. So if I can't make a game I have to resell for less than I got the tickets for already and now I'm taking a monetary loss..

It creates a financial risk for people buying season tickets.. This pisses me off, because I paid for my tickets a year ago.. I bought a ticket to every game and paid up front.. I should be rewarded for that.. But when I go to resell my tickets, I have to take a huge loss (up to $48 PER GAME) and that's not cool with me.. If the team said every upper level seat is $20 face value, and absolutely will not be discounted at all during the season, and season tickets are $17 face value then I would be able to resell my tickets at cost because no one else go theirs for cheaper than I did..

And $20 per game for upper level seats is a very reasonable price that would increase demand for tickets, thus negating the need to have last minute discounts.. Makes perfect sense, but the team seems to prefer trying to get as many people as possible to pay the overpriced face value (the "suckers" who didn't just wait), and then gives discounts to fill the rest of the seats to people who waited until the week before game time.. This is fine, but it screws over the STH who are essentially a team's shareholders

I think it a worthy argument -- but could you start a different thread so this one stays "clean" koolaid.gif

I should.. My apologies.. I didn't want to start one and get flamed but I think there are enough people with good opinions

Just got off the phone with the Devils the deal is officially sold out. I was told 2 to 3 hundred people took advantage of the deal. We also may be spread out across a few sections but I'm not sure. This is really going to be a on the fly go at this tonight but I WANT EVERYONE PARTICIPATING, THAT MEANS CHANTING, STANDING, BEING LOUD AND WEARING RED!

What if the Devils had tickets for like $15 a piece every game but said they would never be discounted at all.. Would that get you to games?

Maybe you don't consciously "hold out" for a game but the fact of the matter is you've told yourself that you can't go to games unless they hold a special and charge far less than face value.. The team isn't going to hold these specials in September.. They hold them for games once they see attendance is way down and they need to fill the house more.. Makes sense, but it trains fans to wait to buy tickets, because why would you buy a ticket for full price in December for a mid-week March game when you know that typically the team will have some sort of special for that game within 2 weeks of it being played? How would you feel if you bought an $85 lower-level ticket to the Feb. 8th game only to see the same seat selling for $26 a week before the game? Would you buy early again or wait next time?

Yes I would buy them if they were 15. I don't think they should give away lower level seats for much lower than they are worth. As a season ticket holder I get why it upsets you I do and youre right most people would wait instead buy those expensive seats upfront.

At the sametime for people who want to go often but cant afford to this gives them the opp. to cheer on their fav team. I think offers like this should be restricted to upper levels and I dont think there is anything wrong with one section being discounted for a supporters section like in soccer.

I'm not sure how this is going to work out tonight. The sections we have are 118, 122 and 124. I guess we could just try to get that entire balcony rocking tonight. This is going to be a very on the fly operation tonight and I don't expect it to be the most organized game. We just gotta all try to do our part and we'll see what happens.