DEVILS SUPPORTERS SECTION - August 16th - come name the section and p

Satans Hockey

LOL at Mr. PhD. I keep picturing a guy with a monacle and a top hat saying "My word, it is rather boisterous in this section. Harumph harumph harumph. And what are these metallic protrusions from withinst this female's nasal cavities? Bah humbug! Come, Penelope, let us remove ourselves from this bandywagon of fornicators and scallywags."

Great job, SH! Don't listen to any of the naysayers (of whom there seem to fewer of, this time). You're doing a damn fine job!

Hey, were you somewhere between Ice and Goal bar for Tuesdays debacle against the Wild? I saw an usher resembling you laughing it up on my way to see Dano. Didn't think to see if it was you though. :noclue:

Nope wasn't me. I'm really not hard to spot, only white guy there with a ponytail... I didn't work the wild game. I attended as a fan, however, I arrived as a evil doer!!!!! I wore my rolston wild jersey and a devils hat and cheered for both teams. So either way I would leave happy. I was in section 230 row 1 for the first period which I got from cupcake23 and then I snuck down to section 14

Hey guys I was sitting in section 1 and took a few photos right before the game started so I hope to have those up by tomorrow. Looked and sounded good but noticed some people purchased these tickets as a cheap way of getting good seats as mentioned before. My beest friend was able to get tickets in that section and had a lot of fun, and told me at the game later about the incident where the guy was crying that he knew all the ushers and could send you all to jail. What a crybaby. Hopefully this will happen again soon and people who are sitting in that section will know what is going on and will not complain. I am also interested in getting tickets and taking part in it as well, just hope this will be for a game I do not have free tickets to lol.

Hey guys I was sitting in section 1 and took a few photos right before the game started so I hope to have those up by tomorrow. Looked and sounded good but noticed some people purchased these tickets as a cheap way of getting good seats as mentioned before. My beest friend was able to get tickets in that section and had a lot of fun, and told me at the game later about the incident where the guy was crying that he knew all the ushers and could send you all to jail. What a crybaby. Hopefully this will happen again soon and people who are sitting in that section will know what is going on and will not complain. I am also interested in getting tickets and taking part in it as well, just hope this will be for a game I do not have free tickets to lol.

lol yea that douchebag was chanting against the devils and kovie, i think he was just a rag troll since he was in jets colors and nothing else.

I sit directly across from 106 in the lower bowl (Section 21) I was looking forward to seeing you guys there and was amazed when i looked up just before the game started and it looked like all of 107 and 106 where in red. Like a big red blaze in the stands. Very impressive.

Then... the game started. It was so much easier to get the fans around me cheering "Lets go Devils!" with the good lead in from above. Great job guys! Nice to hear you called out on the PA too....

A big thanks to John over at ILWT for including a bit about the supporter section last night (he participated in it as well).

http://www.inlouwetrust.com/2011/1/10/1927081/talking-red-episode-15#storyjump

While I'm at it, let me tell you about my time in Section 107 yesterday evening. While a bit disjointed between 107 and 106, there was a significant supporter presence and I'd be shocked if they couldn't be heard. I wish more in the section - namely 107 - felt inspired to join in by yelling and standing for the whole game. I guess a good portion of those in 107 weren't expecting the supporters being, well, supportive. In due time, they'll accept it instead of disregarding it (I'm used to it in my corner of Sec.133 at Red Bull Arena).

All the same, I had a lot fun hollering chants and making reference to Dan Ellis Problems (e.g. stopping shots) at full volume along with the others in other end of 107 and the back of 106. I hope the group is able to do this more often and that the team encourages this at future games. Thanks to Joe, Adam, and everyone else who showed up to be heard on Sunday evening.

• Like 1

Here's a picture from last night...I don't know when it was taken but I know that towards the middle and end of the third period everyone was standing..click to enlarge

supporters2.th.jpg

You can't see the full two sections in this obviously but it's a great picture, kudos to whoever took it.

Edited by adam85491
  • Like 1

I've compiled a list of reactions to the Supporters Section from various websites and saved them in one document (it's six pages long). I'll post them here, but if you've been following the more popular devils websites, you probably have seen most of these. At any rate, here we go...

Reactions to NJ Devils Supporters Section 1/9/11

"awesome times!!! tampa bay game was one of the best devils games i've ever been to cuz this section ROCKED!"

"cant wait for next one.will deffinately try to get my friends to go."

"You guys were awesome on sunday...i was in 109 and you guys made the game. Well that and the Devils finally kickin some ASS!!!"

"EXCELLENT ENERGY!! The supporters section got a good portion of the arena going! We sit in section 228 and you got us going - it's GREAT to see a little positive beat at the Rock...it's been much too long! Maybe the players felt the positive energy and fed off that - keep it up NJDSS!!! ♥"

Kenny Daneyko on the post game show tonight - "and speaking of the crowd, they were just terrific this evening, they were rooting the devils on so you just felt something good was going to happen"

"‎1 ticket..$20

train ride..$5

Losing your voice for the team you love...priceless"

"Awesome job tonight guys. Whole place fed off it.. been hoping for games to get like that FOREVER!"

"The David Clarkson and Marty chants that got goin were unreal. And I was told that Dano mentioned in the post game that he never heard the arena that loud and involved - inclucing the playoffs. And he said it's important to the players bc it shows them the fans haven't given up. Well done!"

"And I haven't heard "Marty's better" in a loooooong time."

"Hey had a blast tonight, to be part of of the support section was great. Especially to come away with a nice win. and as my bro said earlier, all the credit to adam for the horn."

"When is the next game you're all going to? Looking to buy tickets with you guys"

"I am going too. It was great loud place. I was standing in my 13th row entire game. Very excited, can't wait for next game with you guys"

The cheers of "Marty, Marty" were frequent during the second and third periods.

"I heard," Brodeur said. "That goes with the way you play. When you play well, you get these accolades. It's always nice to get the support from the people coming to the games."

"Nice job guys!"

"Once again, nice work guys and gals!! I truly believe that you were the reason we got the win tonight. With the way this season has been going you don't have to look very far to hear the negative and you guys know what this team has brought us in the past and are thankful for that, as I am. I know we will return to glory shortly. Once again, Thanks, from a long time Devils fan"

we had a BLAST! And what a great game! Thanks for organizing this and we will be there for the next one:-)"

"MARTY! such a great game. had a great time. can't wait for the next supporters night."

"can't believe i missed this one. totally looked more fun than the first one"

"It's not just that section though - these guys got the whole arena going. It was something I've never experienced at the Rock. Only at visiting arenas. It was awesome."

"Sick, couldn't make it, but when's the next game with the supporters? "

"Great to be a part of it. Had a lot of fun. Big thank you to adam (on the horn) for not dying during the powerplay and "kill" chants."

"Good job to everyone tonight in the supporters section! Sounded nice and loud from 233!"

"we had a great time! Can't wait for the next one- and what a game!!"

"I would love to come sit with you. Have season tix in 215. You guys look like alot of fun."

"EXCELLENT job last night, supporters! We were in 228 and you guys rocked it - got the rest of us going, too! LOVE the energy"

"Major props to our fans and the supporters sections for standing by this team, it is shown in the energy these guys had on the ice."

"HEAR THOSE MARTY CHANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MARTY B. never doubt him ♥"

"I love hearing the fans thru the TV, the past few games, they look more energized on the ice. Keep up the good work guys!"

"Bravo 107!"

"I...believe...I believe...I beieve that we will win!!! I love the [supporters Section]!"

"Section 107!!!! Loved it - had a blast!!!! And what a GREAT GAME! It was like watching a game from last year but even better because we no longer take the W for granted - and 6 goals? Mighty sweet:-)"

"the support section was awesome"

"inspiration does do something doesn't it?"

"I thought they were excellent and reminded me of going to college football games where the atmosphere is something hockey games should strive to be similar to. "

"I will come as often as I can if Supporters get some other games tickets."

"It’s certainly a million times better to hear fans getting loud and rowdy than it is to deal with the typical silence of the arena."

"Those “Devils Supporters” fans are GREAT! Too rowdy? We should be happy they’re still doing what they do..and SHOWING UP!!! "

"I was in the Supporters Section tonight, and I gotta say, it was a blast."

"Finally getting a chance to weigh in. I loved the Supporter Section...Although I’m not up there by them…I thought the energy was great. Kinda like the studfent section at an NCAA game."

"My friend is sitting in the lower bowl and says she can hear you guys chanting and singing. "

"I heard the marty chant....awesome."

"I heard you guys quite a bit in spurts during the game. I'm just getting over the flu I wouldnt have been much fun but I was with you guys in spirit. The supporters section would be unique like in soccer. The Devils really should take it under advisement. Let me know if we decide to do it again. "

"The supporters were great tonight! I was in the Fire Lounge, I could hear them all game. They got other parts of the arena to join in on "Let's Go Devils!" often, and when they started a "Marty!" chant, it spread like wildfire. Great job, guys! Hopefully there'll be a supporters game in March when I'm home for Spring Break "

"huge success, thanks joe!"

"Was at the game.

Great job all!"

"it was just so awesome experiencing our first victory as Supporters. I look forward to the next one of course."

"I had a great time in the section (I was in the last row of section 107). The "I believe" chant doesn't sound very good on paper, but once people get it going, it sounds incredible. I was hesitant about it until hearing it, but it's certainly a keeper."

"was in the last row of 107, cheering the whole time of course, and I have to say that this was one of, if not the most entertaining games I attended. Whoever brought the horn and was blowing it in the last row of 106 is a genius, it made a huge difference in my opinion."

"I was in the last row of 106 on the aisle seat next to 107. And a big thank you to Adam who brought the horn. It was also fun to see NJ Devil come over and join along with our chants as well. "

"Good job to you and your friends for keeping the Lets Go Devils Chants go all night long. I must say, being in the last row worked out for the best. We were able to stand the whole time without being hassled. Haha "

"i think i will lose my voice tomorrow morning, it was hard work but well worth it."

"Just got home, great game guys.

Had such a great time, even if there was a few people who were not into what we were doing.

Awesome time, everyone was loud, and ultimately the devils won, COULDN'T HAVE GONE BETTER!"

"I didn't get a chance to watch the game from my position. But I was in section 17/18 breaking someone. I could hear the marty and LGD chants perfectly"

"I thought the section was awesome tonight...Loud, but not too loud, supportive all the way through, inclusive, and got everybody at least thinking about cheering, if not cheering. Well done SH! And good to see the Devils recognize it at the beginning of the game! "

"heard you guys multiple times, even the camera migrated to you on TV"

"It was nice to be part of the Supporters section again. Unfortunately I only could cheer and clap with the rest of you, since the people in the row behind me weren't part of our section and I didn't want to be a jerk and block their view. If I wasn't with my friend I would have moved. Hopefully next time I'll be in spot where I can stand the whole time since that is a lot more exciting and makes you feel a lot more a part of the section."

"My best friend was able to get tickets in that section and had a lot of fun...Hopefully this will happen again soon."

"I sit directly across from 106 in the lower bowl (Section 21) I was looking forward to seeing you guys there and was amazed when i looked up just before the game started and it looked like all of 107 and 106 where in red. Like a big red blaze in the stands. Very impressive.

Then... the game started. It was so much easier to get the fans around me cheering "Lets go Devils!" with the good lead in from above. Great job guys! Nice to hear you called out on the PA too."

"While I'm at it, let me tell you about my time in Section 107 yesterday evening. While a bit disjointed between 107 and 106, there was a significant supporter presence and I'd be shocked if they couldn't be heard...All the same, I had a lot fun hollering chants and making reference to Dan Ellis Problems (e.g. stopping shots) at full volume along with the others in other end of 107 and the back of 106. I hope the group is able to do this more often and that the team encourages this at future games. Thanks to Joe, Adam, and everyone else who showed up to be heard on Sunday evening.

"I was in section 107 row 9 I saw John there man am I happy I went. That section is the best no doubt about it very loud and very proud the chants never stopped. Clarkson did a great job today and the team fought back which is something they haven’t done in awhile. Overall it was great to be there and I’m happy our boys in Red and Black won. Let’s Go Devils!"

"Nice to see Clarkson net 2 tonight. Be nice to see him go on a streak. Gotta get tix with you psychos in 106 107 next time I go. Was in section 5 and everyone’s too damn quiet down there."

"Me and my buddy were at the game section 106 row 10 seats 5 and 6 , i was wearing my brand new volchenkov jersey tonight but sadly he wouldnt be there tonight.. but man sections 106 and 107 were absolutely amazing tonight, the devils orginaztion would be smart to do this more often. Devils started with a slow game and im not guna try and be cocky here but i honestly think us the fans played a huge role in this game tonight. it really pissed me off to see all the other people in stands sit down when he were cheering."

"I guarantee the devil players heard us…. I think a section full of those fans [should] become a reality for every game."

"we had a blast last night. i have no voice at work today, but i don't care! Last time i sat in the uppers we beat the caps 5-0, and now this...tell me again why our season seats are in 3?"

"Us 106 and 107 were rocking it all night it was great!!!"

"So I’m up in Sec. 107 with a sheet full of chants and a voice ready to yell. I hope we come in clearly at the Rock and on TV."

"Not too shabby tonight, fellas!"

"Great meeting you guys! Had a hell of a time. The win only made it that much sweeter. Look forward to the next one. LET'S GO DEVILS!!!!"

"People, you were GREAT. Could hear the buzz even via stream. Also Devils did a nice job showing you few times in broadcast. Chico and Dano did notice the energy too. All in all - as Borat put it together - " Great Success " ! I really hope you will manage to keep this thing going"

"good game, that was a lot of fun. thanks for setting that up! I just wish the rest of the crowd would get into it and chant with us too.. oh well, maybe as the games go on"

"had a hell of a time. And a sweet win makes it only better. Cant wait for the next game"

"Nice, I could hear you guys on the gamecenter live feed most of the night. I can't believe you guys still have voices."

"I might make an appearance in this section one day, sounds really fun.

Good job tonight guys, you were heard on TV for sure"

"Great job guys! The place seemed super loud from my TV."

"I am still exhausted, a few too many brews for sure, but a real fun night.

Good to meet a few of you and props to adam for the stanima and energy with the horn all game long.

Hope everyone had fun."

"They were mentioning how loud and active the crowd was on the broadcast too."

"wheres satans hockey at...start planning the next one man, i think it was a huge success"

"Had an AWESOME time. "

"On the TV I could hear a constant buzz from the crowd it seemed, and they had the camera pointed at you guys after a couple of the goals. It looked pretty awesome."

"I honestly think we played a part in the Devils winning tonight."

And here is the link to the NJ Devils Supporters Section:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/New-Jersey-Devils-Supporters-Section/141171809266517

• Like 1

The next game is going to be either Friday February 4th vs Florida or Friday February 11th against San Jose. Right now it is looking like it's going to be the Panthers game because the Sharks game doesn't have a lot of tickets available.

I also talked to the Devils about adding something that along the lines of "This is a Supporters Section, please be aware that people will be standing, chanting and being enthusiastic and please be sure to wear red." to the link so that when people click on it they are more aware to what we are doing. They said it shouldn't be too much of a problem to do but I don't have it confirmed yet.

Details to follow later this week.

Edited by Satans Hockey

The next game is going to be either Friday February 4th vs Florida or Friday February 11th against San Jose. Right now it is looking like it's going to be the Panthers game because the Sharks game doesn't have a lot of tickets available.

I also talked to the Devils about adding something that along the lines of "This is a Supporters Section, please be aware that people will be standing, chanting and being enthusiastic and please be sure to wear red." to the link so that when people click on it they are more aware to what we are doing. They said it shouldn't be too much of a problem to do but I don't have it confirmed yet.

Details to follow later this week.

Nice and look forward to the update later this week. This is the first one where there is a very good chance I can join in.

On a related note, and with full knowledge that this will likely never happen in the near future, I was thinking how cool it would be if for one game the Devils sold the last one or two rows of each section to the Devils Supporters. Now that would be a spectacle for the blind to see and the deaf to hear! :evil:

Edited by Biggie B

On a related note, and with full knowledge that this will likely never happen in the near future, I was thinking how cool it would be if for one game the Devils sold the last one or two rows of each section to the Devils Supporters. Now that would be a spectacle for the blind to see and the deaf to hear! :evil:

aerial assault.

Ow awesome tht the next game is gonna be with a Team with no Stanley Cup. Last year i Remember being in a Sabres game, and some group os Sabres fans, Started a Let's go Sabres chant, that time a old man stand up and started the fallow:

"How many cups does the Sabres have" his section responded with a " Zero, Zero"

So what you guys think of using this chant next game???,maybe not during game play, but on a stopage of play or so???

It actually goes:

"How many cups does Buffalo have? zero! zero!

How many super bowls does Buffalo have? Zero! Zero!

How wide right was that field goal? Zero! Zero!"

Or at least, that's what I've heard.

yeah you right is " Buffalo" not "Sabres"

Can't make it. :( I need more notice than that to get off from work.

Just as an experiment, I went to buy tickets anyway and got as far as the payment information screen, and there was no notice about the Supporters Section being a standing/singing/chanting section. If this isn't fixed, we may get more people who just want to sit on their hands. :(

Can't make it. :( I need more notice than that to get off from work.

Just as an experiment, I went to buy tickets anyway and got as far as the payment information screen, and there was no notice about the Supporters Section being a standing/singing/chanting section. If this isn't fixed, we may get more people who just want to sit on their hands. :(

I asked them to put something about it there and they said there isn't anything they can do so it's just something we are going to have to deal with.