GDT 12/15/2010 NJD vs. Coyotes

ZeroGravityFat

My favorite line, crowd wise from tonight was someone yelled out when the refs were coming back onto the ice for the 3rd "Hey ref you better go take a paternity test because you missed the last 2 periods"

One of my faves that I've heard screamed from time to time: "Hey ref, get off your knees, you're blowing the game!" :lol:

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great game, Marty came to play one of his better games this season and they never got behind so they had confidence. Elias was the best player of the night and Kovy got it done. Nice to see a rookie "D" get his first. Nice having Salmela back with the "D".

Let this be the start of something big, did I hear that before.

It really was a fun game to attend.

I was also expecting the smallest crowd of the year, and while the building was half full, it wasnt the smallest crowd, and the fans that were there were having a good time.

Love this quote from Kovy:

"We're all struggling and we know that. Nobody's stats are going to be very good this year. We have to play for each other and for our fans," Kovalchuk said. "There were a lot [of fans] in the stands.

"It wasn't sold out (13,208), but they believe in us and I guarantee we're going to give them everything we can every night."

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/devils/ilya_marty_come_through_for_devils_WoVoMunDY12CguDdR9AnEK#ixzz18IHGNAqG

Such a good change of pace to see our defensemen actually making intelligent plays.

SALMELA = SAVIOUR!

Edited by devlman

guy behind me last night trying to impress someone was saying, "and that guy right there, #26 Elias, he needs to get it going, he's long overdue for a goal."

i turned around and said, "didn't realize not scoring since our last game is long overdue"

Guys behind me were talking about what a waste Kovy has been.. Of course, not 30 seconds later they were cheering him on after his first goal, and by the end of the night they were talking about what a star player he is.. I would have thrown them on the ice if Kovy got the trick

Guys behind me were talking about what a waste Kovy has been.. Of course, not 30 seconds later they were cheering him on after his first goal, and by the end of the night they were talking about what a star player he is.. I would have thrown them on the ice if Kovy got the trick

I guess our players should be scoring 1+ goals each per game? Would be nice if that was the case :D

seriously, the ignorance of some fans.

i like to kid around when kovy has a turnover and say to those i'm sitting with, "there's a $50,000 turnover."

like i said earlier though, i was all over fayne seconds before his goal, but i at least manned up and said, "slice of humble pie, for this guy" and got a few laughs.

Lots of fun last night but Im coming down with something so my enthusiasm was tempered, but still was great to see them win like that. My fist pump was rock solid after Kovy's second. Was great to see them play like that and it was my first regular season Brodeur shutout Ive ever witnessed in person. Seen it in the playoffs prior though.

Btw, the video bits they do at the rock in bw play are some of the dumbest sh!t ive ever seen. Did anyone see the 'piece' with NJDevil and his buddy going to subway? I was absolutely embarrassed by that. But Im expecting too much out of the same department that brings us Devils Dancers dancing in a small cage 8 times a game.

Btw, the video bits they do at the rock in bw play are some of the dumbest sh!t ive ever seen. Did anyone see the 'piece' with NJDevil and his buddy going to subway? I was absolutely embarrassed by that. But Im expecting too much out of the same department that brings us Devils Dancers dancing in a small cage 8 times a game.

The Devils' video production stuff is rather terrible. I'm particularly embarrassed by the "Devils Army" intro video as well as the Devils Army idea altogether. A Habs friend of mine laughed when he saw it and I dont blame him.

If you're a straight male and dislike the Devils dancers, you have something seriously wrong with you.

If youre not a teenage male and have seen a cheerleader, or a girl for that matter, before then they add nothing to your enjoyment. (not necessarily implying anything towards you)

The Devils' video production stuff is rather terrible. I'm particularly embarrassed by the "Devils Army" intro video as well as the Devils Army idea altogether. A Habs friend of mine laughed when he saw it and I dont blame him.

Yup. Embarrassed is def the right word

Edited by devlman

Apparently the missing key to Kovy and Devils sucsess has arrived:

Our Bad Puck Luck has been replaced by Mrs Chuk Luck :koolaid:

Awesome

so he scored a hatrick last night?

Awesomer

KEEP POURIN THEM IN KOVY!!!!

They are hot 20 year old blondes wearing skimpy devils outfits and shaking their assets all game, I fail to see any harm.

Its debatable whether theyre hot to begin with. Whats not debatable is that youre watching them on the jumbotron 8 times a game and that they clearly look awkward crammed into that little corner. Its also not a strip show so if you are easily excited by watching awkward girls who are modestly dressed on the jumbotron 8 times a game then it works out for you. Id rather limit them to one appearance, or as someone mentioned in a different post, show a recorded video piece of them instead of a live one. That way, you at least eliminate the awkward dancing.