Keep or Trade?

westcoastdevfan

If Lou could make a deal today, who do you all believe is akeeper and who is expendable?

My List:

Keepers:

1. Elias

2. Langenbrunner

3. Friesen

4. Rupp

5. Stevens

6. Niedermayer

7. Rafalski

8. White

9. Martin

10. Marshall

11. Rasmussen

12. Albelin

13. Brodeur

14. Schwab

15. Madden

16. Pandolfo

17. Brylin

Expendable:

1. Gomez

2. Gionta

3. Berglund

4. Bicek

5. Hale

6. Larionov

7. Brown

As I was making the list I let my heart decide for me. :P I guess we don't have much to offer. :blink:

Edited by westcoastdevfan

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Westcoast... I amost always agree with you but... Hale would be a keeper to me.. He is good, well paired with martin... learning..

I could see Marshall, Rasmussen, Albeline and Rupp being argued as expendible..

Brylin was not mentioned.. He is a keeper.... IMO

Frankly, i rather like our team as is and think we have a shot at trying to repeat...

You are going to open a can of worms you know Westcoasst

I just want to know how other fans gauge the talent of this team. I have been less then impressed over the last few games. B)

But, then again earlier in the year I thought this team couldn't be beaten. :D

Me too, but stalls come better at the begining or middel of a season, never the end

You are going to open a can of worms you know Westcoasst

I just want to know how other fans gauge the talent of this team. I have been less then impressed over the last few games. B)

But, then again earlier in the year I thought this team couldn't be beaten. :D

You know over the last twelve games the Devils have only lost to one team. It seems so traumatic because we lost to that team three times in that span and plus had a bad tie or two like the Chicago game...but still three losses in twelve games isn't terrible. :P

Damn Islanders...making my perfect team seem beatable. :soap:;)

Could be worse, Rather the Isles than the RAGS.... :puke::puke::puke:

This team hasn't played horribly, even badly in these past few games. However, they are starting to show that they DO miss Langenbrunner and, hell, even Stevenson. They are also starting to show that Larionov is proving to be useless on this team. They are showing that Brodeur can't play 35839 games in a row (because he WILL tire sooner or later) and that only playing Schwab a grand total of two times will take its toll on his physical health. Finally, they are showing that some players really need to step it up and stop it with their inconsistant, otherwise poor play and start getting their heads out of their asses and PLAY the way they should.

Last night was just a case of the team not showing up for a seemingly important game (and, well, the Isles played a VERY good game). It can't happen in the future. If this team can't get revved up for a game like this, then how can we trust that they will in the future? However, like I said above, there are reasons why maybe this has happened.

Untouchable: Brodeur, Stevens, Niedermayer, Elias

Keepers: Madden, Langenbrunner, Gionta, Pandolfo, Brylin, Stevenson, Martin, Hale, Rasmussen

Expendable: Rafalski, Gomez, Berglund, Rupp, Friesen, Marshall, White, Larionov

Expendable: Rafalski, Gomez, Berglund, Rupp, Friesen, Marshall, White, Larionov

Ummm no rag fan.,.. Freisen and white are not expendable

Me, I think everyone who isn't young is going to stay. Anyone who is could be moved.

I don't want to trade Gomez; center is where we are weakest, and we have no one ready in the system to replace him.

Gionta can stay, too, so long as he isn't put on a scoreline.

Berglund and Rupp, Hale and Martin; these are the expendable players. Right now, we've got a 4th line of Berglund-Larionov-Rupp, which I like, but Stevenson will be coming back soon, as will Langenbrunner. Both those players may lose their places, and so become expendable. I'm not sure what we could get for either.

Hale and Martin, I wouldn't like to see either of them go, but if Lou thinks we need a scorer, one of them could go.

Edited by Triumph

This team hasn't played horribly, even badly in these past few games. However, they are starting to show that they DO miss Langenbrunner and, hell, even Stevenson. They are also starting to show that Larionov is proving to be useless on this team. They are showing that Brodeur can't play 35839 games in a row (because he WILL tire sooner or later) and that only playing Schwab a grand total of two times will take its toll on his physical health. Finally, they are showing that some players really need to step it up and stop it with their inconsistant, otherwise poor play and start getting their heads out of their asses and PLAY the way they should.

I don't disagree with any of that, but sometimes everyone (myself included) tends to turn the microscope on a little too much ;) I mean other teams have problems too...heh.

Last night was just a case of the team not showing up for a seemingly important game (and, well, the Isles played a VERY good game). It can't happen in the future. If this team can't get revved up for a game like this, then how can we trust that they will in the future? However, like I said above, there are reasons why maybe this has happened.

I don't neccesarily agree they didn't show up. Okay the first five minutes or so sucked and that's bad. They played okay the rest of the first, good in the second though they did give up the two goals. Then they just flat-out got frustrated with having two straight losses to the Isles and on their way to a third loss and took some stupid penalties.

We trust that they'll get revved up because of last year. Hell last year, probably the most important game of the regular season was the last matchup with the Flyers. And the Devils LOST that game. They made out okay in the end though. S(p)it happens sometimes. The third period last night reminded me a little of Game 6 against the Ducks last year where the team just went on tilt because they were frustrated.

I don't think the Devils didn't show up last night. They just got outplayed. Had nothing to do with Brodeur playing a lot of games, or this, or that, they got outplayed by an Islander team with an excellent top 4 and a very solid top 9.

The Devils just don't have a consistent offense. Elias was dominant last night again, but where was everyone else? Gomez did have some good shifts, but by and large the Devils just weren't forechecking, and the Islanders always had a man hounding them when they did have the puck in deep. They were never able to set up in front at all. And plus, their shooters at the point can't ever hit the net.

I agree that the Devils were outplayed, but.. The Isles are good... that should be mentioned.. or at least their play as of late is