FINALLY getting to the arena

Devils1985

After life just getting too much in the way the last few years, we're finally in a position to actually use the free tickets given to Trenton STH's. We're in section 14, row 10. Thanks T-Devils!

Hopping the 4:30 train in Hamilton to head up and find food before the game. I'm gonna wear my signed Chico jersey. Quite looking forward to it...

Quick question....we plan to eat at the arena. Suggestions?

Doors open at 6?

Thanks!

Uber Burger is fantastic and is located beneath the parking deck on Lafayette St.. If you eat in the arena I suggest taking the escalator to the upper level and going to the "Taste of Newark" section

Thanks! Awesome that doors open at 5:30. How long does the walk take from Newark Penn to the arena? Strongly considering just layering up a bit and avoiding bringing a coat; just something else to carry around. We never get coated up in Trenton but we park literally across the street :) Will see about a trip up to 209 :)

Props to the Devils for one other thing - our tickets are right with the folks we sit with in Trenton which is going to be really cool.

Thanks! Awesome that doors open at 5:30. How long does the walk take from Newark Penn to the arena? Strongly considering just layering up a bit and avoiding bringing a coat; just something else to carry around. We never get coated up in Trenton but we park literally across the street :) Will see about a trip up to 209 :)

Props to the Devils for one other thing - our tickets are right with the folks we sit with in Trenton which is going to be really cool.

It's like a literal 5 minute walk. There are a lot of food places inside there too.

If you're taking the train, you can walk through the Gateway Center to get to the arena. It's attached to Newark Penn and lets out less than a block from the arena. It's great for avoiding bad weather.

If you walk through the Gateway, the arena will be on the block in front of you to your left. Brick City Bar & Grill is on that block as well. On the block to the right is Scully's, another great restaurant/bar. One block further has The Spot and Port 44, the new brew pub in town with some great beers crafted on site.

Attached to the arena on the other side is the new Uber Burger. A little further down the street is Arena Lounge.

Closer to Penn Station is MMM Bello's, a great, relatively unknown little place with good food and a great beer selection. If you're willing to venture a few blocks from there, you'll find Hell's Kitchen, one of the most popular Devils pregaming spots for fans.

The whole area is really coming alive with options. Wherever you go, I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself.

Also, if you aren't going to be in any rush leaving the place, I recommend hanging out in the Goal Bar inside the arena after the game. That's where the postgame show it taped. Usually it's Dano and Cangialosi, but every now and then Chico makes his way onto the postgame show. If he does, I'm sure he'd appreciate seeing your signed sweater! And even if not, Dano is always great with fans once the show is done, signing pretty much anything and posing for photos.

Have fun!

Well, I typed up a nice reply to close this out and the board burped and I lost it, so here's attempt #2. The game was the game, but the night was great! Nice cushy train ride up. The Rock was great, really a nice place.

It was nice being 10 rows back, but not really a fan of being behind the net. The trip home was in a ratty old train that was packed to the gills. We ended up standing in the doorway. Then at the airport a foursome of Aussies boarded complete with luggage, and now we're all in the doorway. That was a blast though as they were fun (poor guy with the pink luggage, but that's why you don't buy pink luggage...) and we were all headed to Hamilton.

So while the game sucked, the night was great, and I heard the folks in 209....