GDT-12/18/10 NJD Vs. Atlanta 7:00 PM

Quinn01

"First of four meetings this season. Atlanta won the opening matchup on the 2009-10 schedule, but New Jersey took the next three. That included the 600th career win and 110th shutout for Martin Brodeur in the most recent game between these clubs, a 3-0 win for the Devils on April 6. The goalie for the Thrashers on that night, Johan Hedberg, is now Brodeur's backup."-NHL.com

Kovies Former Team. Most likely going to see some boos tonight from the crowd.

Apr 6, 2010 NJD@ATL NJD, 3 - 0

Dec 28, 2009 ATL@NJD NJD, 3 - 2

Dec 19, 2009 NJD@ATL NJD, 5 - 4

Oct 16, 2009 ATL@NJD ATL, 4 - 2

91960997.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921CC759DF4EBAC47D08FF4215C3B59396E0D809E29BC17E4F913E7ED60B2E594C3E30A760B0D811297

Atlanta+Thrashers+v+New+Jersey+Devils+iBKasNwX5s2l.jpg

First time making a GDT so hopefully its brings beginners luck! LGD!

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goin for the #1 draft pick

Go Devils!

Pretty much. I've tried to maintain a positive outlook but we're just not a very good team. The playoffs were lost weeks ago but it's the losses they are suffering now that are truly the fatal blows to the season.

One step closer to an impact player in the draft or a reprieve from the losing. It's a win win in my book.

Pretty much. I've tried to maintain a positive outlook but we're just not a very good team. The playoffs were lost weeks ago but it's the losses they are suffering now that are truly the fatal blows to the season.

One step closer to an impact player in the draft or a reprieve from the losing. It's a win win in my book.

thats the spirit! problem is every reprieve we get, the further we get from instant impact in the draft :doh1:

Edited by jagknife

thats the spirit! problem is every reprieve we get, the further we get from instant impact in the draft :doh1:

You don't have to lose every game the rest of the way to secure a top 5 pick. We already have 20 losses! 20! Most years we'll have a total of about mid to high 20's for the entire season and there are still 51 games left to play. We can afford to win a few games here and there because it's not like this group is going to rattle off 3 wins in a row or something. Besides, we're not finishing dead last. There is absolutely no way that the Devils will possibly be worse then the Islanders after 82 games. I just can't see that considering how thin the Isles roster is. So I say bring on a win, we'll still be a bottom feeder afterward anyway.

Once Parise gets back this team wont be as horrendous as the Isles. Although once the Devils shed Arnott and Langenbrunner, that'll take a little wind out of the sails, so I think the #1 draft pick talk is a little silly. A Top 5 pick? Now that is looking pretty probable at this point.

Only problem is this team could really use a guy like Larrson, even with some promising guys like Merrill and Burlon not too far away.

Although I think the forwards like Couturier, Nugent-Hopkins, Landeskog, Armia are all pretty good too. Not in love with some of the other defensemen in the draft, who are more likely mid-1st round types.

Have to say that Rick Dudley and Craig Ramsay have done a nice job with remaking the Thrashers team. The haul Dudley took in from Chicago has improved them quite a bit. Will be interesting to see them tonight.

I HAZ AN IDEA!

Stop watching now, don't post and come back in 10 years, and we'll tell you if you were right.

Don't let the door hit your ass.

Thank you, if you dont like it, dont watch it.

Shows how much of a bandwagon fan you are, turning on your team the second they play bad.

edit: not the person i quoted. Everyone who says they dont care .

Edited by DevsFan7545

Literally who cares.

Literally why are you here. Who do you honestly think cares about your negative opinion?

LGD!

I donmt know how anyone can not care?

I have no expectation, but I still care.

+1. This be true fan.

Edited by Devilsfan118

You don't have to lose every game the rest of the way to secure a top 5 pick. We already have 20 losses! 20! Most years we'll have a total of about mid to high 20's for the entire season and there are still 51 games left to play. We can afford to win a few games here and there because it's not like this group is going to rattle off 3 wins in a row or something. Besides, we're not finishing dead last. There is absolutely no way that the Devils will possibly be worse then the Islanders after 82 games. I just can't see that considering how thin the Isles roster is. So I say bring on a win, we'll still be a bottom feeder afterward anyway.

I'm starting to think we have very little chance of getting out of the lottery. I don't read the standings anymore for obvious reasons, but occasionally I see a record here and there, and it seems like it's Isles/us (10 miles in between)/everyone else.

even Atlanta has us by 19 points. lol. so, yeah, a win here and there isn't going to hurt us

I'm starting to think we have very little chance of getting out of the lottery. I don't read the standings anymore for obvious reasons, but occasionally I see a record here and there, and it seems like it's Isles/us (10 miles in between)/everyone else.

even Atlanta has us by 19 points. lol. so, yeah, a win here and there isn't going to hurt us

This misnomer somehow continues, this is not your father's ATL Thrashers!

Atlanta is a GOOD team. Their top pair Enstrom/Buff is IMHO one of the best in the league.

Pav is playing well.

They have some young fire in Kane, Little, and of course bergs that is enviable.

The coach has everyone buying into the system.

I'd love to see this team go deep on a run - they have earned it after being burnt by the media and Kovy.

This misnomer somehow continues, this is not your father's ATL Thrashers!

Atlanta is a GOOD team. Their top pair Enstrom/Buff is IMHO one of the best in the league.

Pav is playing well.

They have some young fire in Kane, Little, and of course bergs that is enviable.

The coach has everyone buying into the system.

I'd love to see this team go deep on a run - they have earned it after being burnt by the media and Kovy.

Bergie is a healthy scratch