Andy Greene Appreciation Thread

DevsFan7545

HE'S DONE IT!!!!!!

Ladies and Gentlemen.... with todays minus, Andy Greene has taken over sole possession of the

NHL's worst +/- 756 of 756

Andy Greene -23

Well done young man!

Go for the Record Young Man, Its only a whopping -82 Set by Bill Mikkleson

Edited by DevsFan7545

HE'S DONE IT!!!!!!

Ladies and Gentlemen.... with todays minus, Andy Greene has taken over sole possession of the

Andy Greene -23

Well done young man!

That's hideous. And MacLean continues to give him prime minutes. Greene may reach -50 by the All-Star Break and he wouldnt have to go to the Arctic Circle to experience it!

If Lou re-signs Greene, I wouldnt know what to say or do.

Last year everyone raved about this guy and he got one of those hero awards the Devils give out to their players. That's all I'm going to say.

And this obviously gives him the right to go -23.

Its like that in every sport.A players does a good job and people cheers him but if he does bad then ppl brag about him.Paying tickets and taking your time to watch a team gives you the right to have an opinion about the team and the players.

Not because he played good last year that we are going to say: Hey Andy Greene played good last year so he can go -23 and its all good.

Last year everyone raved about this guy and he got one of those hero awards the Devils give out to their players. That's all I'm going to say.

This is the same organization that created the stupid Devils Army marketing thing, so their judgement is inherently flawed. Greene is a terrible defenseman. I'm surprised Lou re-signed him a couple yrs ago considering he didnt go to PROVIDENCE!!

He's a good player who has been horrendous this year. Just shows you wat horrible coaching and management can do.

This is the same organization that created the stupid Devils Army marketing thing, so their judgement is inherently flawed. Greene is a terrible defenseman. I'm surprised Lou re-signed him a couple yrs ago considering he didnt go to PROVIDENCE!!

Someone bought an army hummer and didnt know what to do with it so they parked it out front the arena and started the marketing campaign

He's a good player who has been horrendous this year. Just shows you wat horrible coaching and management can do.

He's a marginal player, a back-pairing defenseman at best whom I pray doesnt even get a 5 cent contract to come back.

Coaching won't improve Greene's inability to properly position himself defensively or improve his shot accuracy/power or passing performance. Greene's been abysmal in leading rushes up ice, absolutely abysmal with poor decision making and hesitant/lackluster passing. Combine that with his defensive performance and he's been horrific.

He has been horrific but he is a good player. He had a great season last year. Yes, coaching will improve his positioning. The proof is this entire team is terrible positionally and having career down years plus/minus wise

Edited by devlman

He has been horrific but he is a good player. He had a great season last year. Yes, coaching will improve his positioning. The proof is this entire team is terrible positionally and having career down years.

Too simplistic, even if his positioning improves, I don't see his defensive abiities improving all that much. Greene is a smaller defenseman and can't handle quick forwards or ones with size very well.

But I do admire your optimism (and I'm not being sarcastic).

Well I'm not even tryna be optimistic because I'm going off last year when he was tremendous. I can't defend how poor he's been this year other than to say who hasn't been on the team.

The differential bw last season and every players miserable current season is a certain ex-ranger. The amount of tactical mistakes in comparison to last yr leads me to believe a coaching change will help greene and he rest of the team. Cmon he's not a -23 player

Edited by devlman

i don't think he's nearly as bad as he's been this year, but he's nowhere near as good as he was last year either. He's not a top 4 dman, no way. He's a solid 5-6 guy and I think if we don't get a decent offer for him at the deadline this year, he's worth resigning if he'll sign for around 1-1.2mil.

We do that our d corps could be ok next year if we sign a top 4 guy in the offseason. The d could look like this:

Volchenkov-UFA(hopefully somebody who has a decent offensive game and can put up 35+pts)

Tallinder-White

Greene-Taormina

i don't think he's nearly as bad as he's been this year, but he's nowhere near as good as he was last year either. He's not a top 4 dman, no way. He's a solid 5-6 guy and I think if we don't get a decent offer for him at the deadline this year, he's worth resigning if he'll sign for around 1-1.2mil.

Makes sense to me.

Makes sense to me.

Thank you lol. I think as solid a 5-6 guy we're going to find, so unless we get a good offer for him at the deadline, I say keep him. We CANNOT pay him more than 1.5mil though. If we do that and we sign another top 4 dman that's an offensive minded guy that will put up 35+pts, we will be fine on D.

There's just no sense in dumping Greene and then overpaying for a 5-6 guy who's a UFA or worse yet, playing more youngsters that aren't ready for the NHL. I have a feeling we'll never see a healthy Salvador again, so we're definitely gonna need to sign another dman this offseason to improve our D.

He's worth signing at 800K - nothing more on the table.

Do you want an end to useless contracts or not? I thought we wanted lou to be a skinflint again <_<

800K or go to fvcking Philly or the Penguins -- get your Cup with them schmuck

<_<

Nothing is better at 1.5 million?

EXACTLY -- NOTHING is better than him at that price.

I'm posting my Garth Snow underthecap tight fisted thought from here on out <_<

Thank you lol. I think as solid a 5-6 guy we're going to find, so unless we get a good offer for him at the deadline, I say keep him. We CANNOT pay him more than 1.5mil though. If we do that and we sign another top 4 dman that's an offensive minded guy that will put up 35+pts, we will be fine on D.

There's just no sense in dumping Greene and then overpaying for a 5-6 guy who's a UFA or worse yet, playing more youngsters that aren't ready for the NHL. I have a feeling we'll never see a healthy Salvador again, so we're definitely gonna need to sign another dman this offseason to improve our D.

Greene has driven me absolutely nuts this year. I mean some of the mistakes this guy makes, there are just no words...But when you really think about it, he is just being asked to do more then he is capable of. I could live with him on the bottom pair for 1 - 1.2 million a year. I honestly rather have a guy like Mottau to fill that role but that ship has sailed. I'm not a fan of the guy but watching guys like OMG and Fayne over the last few weeks have made me realize it can actually be worse lol.

The graphic that VS. put up of our decline on D was just a real slap to the face. Niedermayer -> Rafalski -> Martin -> Greene. The just keep going backwards on the back end.

Edited by Sickman

PK- I think he's worth giving a small raise. I understand your thought process of he hasn't played 800k good this year and his play this year at 1mil would be even worse, but I think we can all agree that last year he was worth even more than 1mil. I think his play will level out next year giving him a small raise to keep him would not be out of order and wouldn't really hurt us with our cap situation either.

Greene has driven me absolutely nuts this year. I mean some of the mistakes this guy makes, there are just no words...But when you really think about it, he is just being asked to do more then he is capable of. I could live with him on the bottom pair for 1 - 1.2 million a year. I honestly rather have a guy like Mottau to fill that role but that ship has sailed. I'm not a fan of the guy but watching guys like OMG and Fayne over the last few weeks have made me realize it can actually be worse lol.

The graphic that VS. put up of our decline on D was just a real slap to the face. Niedermayer -> Rafalski -> Martin -> Greene. The just keep going backwards on the back end.

Mark Fayne will be a remember-that-guy who was on that awful Devils team. He'll be to the Devils what Andy Stankiewicz was to the Yankees. Or Oscar Azocar.

Shouldn't this be called the Depreciation thread? Just wondering.

He has been horrific but he is a good player. He had a great season last year. Yes, coaching will improve his positioning. The proof is this entire team is terrible positionally and having career down years plus/minus wise

Great? I'd hardly call a 40-point defenseman with a meh plus-minus great...he had a good year, actually a terrific first half followed by a bleh second half. Unfortunately he looks like a three-month wonder now, he's consistently regressed since January.

The real question is, who finishes worst in plus-minus...him, Kovy or whatever's behind Door #3?

Maybe Green is showing his true colors. He was along for the ride last year, and showed his true colors this year? Why would you isgn a guy that isn't very good at all.

What better "mentor" could these defensemen have than Larry Robinson? Fayne clearly isn't ready for prime time.

I'm very saddened by Marty's declining skills. imo it's far more evident than ever.

I think lou needs to do something drastic to shake things up.

I think this team will look considerably different March 1st.

HE'S DONE IT!!!!!!

Andy Greene -23

Well done young man!

Go for the Record Young Man, Its only a whopping -82 Set by Bill Mikkleson

And he was supposed to be our Rafalski replacement when he walked to Detroit...haha!