GDT - 12/23/10 - NYI@NJD

Devs4LordStanley

Sad, but true. Just made a pathetic giveaway to an Islander. Geezus.

I love Marty. Trust me. He was amazing. WAS. When you play a professional sport for so long, 1 minor injury turns into a major one (elbow) which never goes away and is always a nagging pain in the ass (pun intended).

Sorry Marty, youll always be the best goaltender in the leagues history but its time to pack the pads up and look into a goaltending coaching position.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

marty is looking slow out there... i think he should retire after this season... that would leave us with more cap space... then maybe resign as a backup? lol can they do that? i wouldnt mind him a a backup with i dont know? Nabokov for a year then go for Price the year after?

He could just say look Im not what I used to be clearly so can I take a back seat? He can be the backup goaltender...the issue is.....who would take the reigns?

Did Rolston have a lobotomy after he signed the contract with us?

Just had a potential odd-man rush with Zubrus breaking free towards the net, and Rolston just stops, winds his stick back and fires the puck into the defender in front of him, clinging the puck off the guys skates to the corner.

He could just say look Im not what I used to be clearly so can I take a back seat? He can be the backup goaltender...the issue is.....who would take the reigns?

Here's the dilemma as you lay out. Lou will never be willing to do it (another reason for him to go). Also, Brodeur has been unwilling to sacrifice minutes previously. It could get ugly.

Did Rolston have a lobotomy after he signed the contract with us?

Just had a potential odd-man rush with Zubrus breaking free towards the net, and Rolston just stops, winds his stick back and fires the puck into the defender in front of him, clinging the puck off the guys skates to the corner.

no, he had the "holy sh!t did i rob the hell out of them" moment and said "what do i need to play hard for anymore?"

a cup ring + overly massive paycheck = lame duck syndrome

Here's the dilemma as you lay out. Lou will never be willing to do it (another reason for him to go). Also, Brodeur has been unwilling to sacrifice minutes previously. It could get ugly.

Right. I agree. I was just saying that he potentially could do that. Not that he would....hes Martin Brodeur and its all or nothing. If Lou approached him and said that Marty would say ok get Montreal on the line and tell them Im packing my sh!t up and boarding my private plane. He needs to get his sh!t together and play well next season and then say no more Im done.

That is what NEEDs to happen.

Right. I agree. I was just saying that he potentially could do that. Not that he would....hes Martin Brodeur and its all or nothing. If Lou approached him and said that Marty would say ok get Montreal on the line and tell them Im packing my sh!t up and boarding my private plane. He needs to get his sh!t together and play well next season and then say no more Im done.

That is what NEEDs to happen.

If he plays well next year, it's an even worse dilemma. He'll want to come back and the fans will clamor stupidly for him to do so on like a ridiculous 2 yr deal or something.

The time for an end has come for both Lou and Marty to ride off into the sunset.

LOL, Matt Cooke on a PK just cleared the puck into the netting on the other end of the ice, delay of game.

Sorry, watching a competitive game...

Want to watch a team that doesn't quit? Watch the Rangers and how many times they come back from 1-2+ goal deficits.

It's proof that when you work hard you'll be in every game, even if you don't have a ton of scoring depth. That's exactly why they are where they are.

You know how I know your gay......you listen to coldplay.

Are you drinking? I don't blame you if you're watching the game, lol.

It's actually a flubbed name when I first signed up back in 02-03. And it refers to an announcer back years ago who used to call some of the minor league games up in New England, whenever there was a good hit or a great goal, and he'd say "That was a COLD PLAY!". Very cheesy but he made it work and kind of stuck and was funny.

Brodeur with another giveaway.

He's REALLY struggling tonight. That much is obvious. For all the bitching and moaning that has been thrown his way this season, THIS is truly what a rough game on his part looks like, not the sh!t some of you folks were complaining about like against the Capitals the other night. No part of his game is clicking tonight. I know.. I know... it hasn't been clicking for years now.

But in more positive news, aside from the dreadful first period, I like that the Devils are at least trying late in this game. It's clearly over but they're not packing it in. I appreciate that.

Edited by Sickman

He's REALLY struggling tonight. That much is obvious. For all the bitching and moaning that has been thrown his way this season, THIS is truly what a rough game on his part looks like, not the sh!t some of you folks were complaining about like against the Capitals the other night. No part of his game is clicking tonight. I know.. I know... it hasn't been clicking for years now.

he needs the next two days to recover... now just make sure his sister-in-law doesn't attend this christmas.....

Are you drinking? I don't blame you if you're watching the game, lol.

It's actually a flubbed name when I first signed up back in 02-03. And it refers to an announcer back years ago who used to call some of the minor league games up in New England, whenever there was a good hit or a great goal, and he'd say "That was a COLD PLAY!". Very cheesy but he made it work and kind of stuck and was funny.

haha Im about to go start drinking. Nah Im just busting your chops. Its from The 40 year old virgin.

But in more positive news, aside from the dreadful first period, I like that the Devils are at least trying late in this game. It's clearly over but they're not packing it in. I appreciate that.

I'm sorry but 4 goals in a period and a half to the Thrashers and 5 goals to the Caps is some pretty bad performances by Marty. Tonight is just a continuation.

Hedberg needs to be played against the Leafs and Rangers.