Rolston

moustic

well now at least he can be traded, and he said he'd accept a trade to any team

yeah but no one wanted him at $2.5 per, who'd want him at full price AND something going the other way??

:evilcry: :evilcry: :evilcry: :evilcry: :evilcry: :evilcry:

fvck this league.

seriously, since when does Garth Snow have a freaking brain?

well now at least he can be traded, and he said he'd accept a trade to any team

If no team wanted him for free and half his contract, I'm sure there's going to be a long queue of GM's wanting to give assets away for his 5-milion deal. :rolleyes:

He refuses to report to Albany, sits at home, smokes a cigar and laughs every other week when his checks clear.

That or Lou find some way to have him refusing to report as a means to void the contract.

That'd be awesome, but I believe I read TG quoting Rolston (or his agent) saying he would play in Albany if asked.

If no team wanted him for free and half his contract, I'm sure there's going to be a long queue of GM's wanting to give assets away for his 5-milion deal. :rolleyes:

Maybe a crap-for-crap, what-the-hell-why-not type deal.

any teams with a disgruntled defender they're looking to offload?

In a perfect world, I would love it if Lou could somehow trade Rolston for two players (don't care who they are right this second) who combined make about the same $$$ as Rolston does. Of the two, hopefully one comes off the books at the end of this season. If that could happen, I'd be tickled. It'd be a miracle though.

lol so much for Lou having a 'plan' when he exposed Rolston to waivers. Not to mention all these teams supposedly interested in him on re-entry.

Even crap for crap trades would be tricky because his contract can't be buried in the minors. Any other 35+'s with a $5 million cap hit that can match up in a deal? :rolleyes:

Why would a team with a bad contract that's coming off the books after this season trade for a guy that's due 5m next year too? What am I missing CR?

If there's a team that thinks Rolston might still have something left...unfortunately I don't think there's a scout in world who should. Like I said, it'd be a miracle, but if the Devils are on the hook for, say, about 50%-60% of Rolston's salary (due to have keep hypothetical player A, while player B walks) I'd be thrilled.

And....much ado about nothing.

Unless Rolston refuses to report to wherever he's going, this is now a huge non-story.

According to his agent, he's not going to Albany :boogie:

I almost read into this as other teams saying "Lou, you screwed yourself over. We're still kinda mad about the Kovy thing, so we're not helping you out this time. Good luck bailing yourself out of this mess you created"

I think thats reading too much into this. I think the other teams just see that Rolston is finished and realize that even 2.5 is too much for the bum. I'm sure some GMs did think that way and wouldnt even consider it, but Rolston flat out sucks.

Brian Rolston cleared re-entry waivers and will be recalled. Nick Palmieri has been recalled from Albany.

Hes just been recalled lol

Edited by ghdi