Fantasy Football: Keeper-palooza!

CRASHER

Keepers next year.....  

12 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want the keeper system to be

• Keep a player for as many years as you want at the pick of where you drafted him
    • Keep a player for as many years as you want at the pick of where you drafted him + 1 round per year of keeper-dom
    • Keep a player where you got him at cost of draft pick divded by 2 (8th round pick, 4th round cost)
    • No player may be kept two seasons in a row, at the cost of where he was drafted
    • No player may be kept two seasons in a row, at the cost of where he was drafted divided by 2 (2nd round pick=1st round cost, etc)
    • Other (please post below)

You know my feeling on keepers, if you grabbed a beast late in the draft or off the waiver wire (and this was the year of the waiver wire), you SHOULD be rewarded the next year for it, but my levels of tyrant only go to tie breakers.... so let's see what y'all wanna do next year

and like I said... I locked the rosters.... so NICE TRY :P

Vote and debate ahoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by CRASHER

We've already got four for the one year keeper rule.... two more and I'd call it official (since I'd break the tie and I'm gonna pick what I voted for)

but other opinions are good and if someone presents some other ideas people like we have eight months to re-consider this :P

(but no crazy stuff like your keeper gets a no-movement clause, ok?? :blink: )

FYI, the voting results are public so we know who says what and when some jackass who's not in the 12 votes we'll know :P

Or even if the jackass IS in the 12. :whistling:

I dig the only one keeper year, and I've always and still do think the keeper should cost double the drafted round ( rd/2 )

you still get keeper value this way but it costs a more reasonable pick.

Edited by Masked Fan

Or even if the jackass IS in the 12. :whistling:

We haven't kicked you out yet now have we? B )

And if there is no consensus, then we have a second poll/runoff between the top two vote-getters?

Fair enough, gut feeling says six or more are gonna take the one n done on the keeper situation though

Fair enough, gut feeling says six or more are gonna take the one n done on the keeper situation though

I am beyond confused about this.

What is the difference between... The first one sounds like you are saying no keeper, but then adding a condition to it...

No player may be kept two seasons in a row, at the cost of where he was drafted divided by 2 (2nd round pick=1st round cost, etc)

Keep a player where you got him at cost of draft pick divded by 2 (8th round pick, 4th round cost)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I actually think this should of been a 2 question poll to start.

Should you be able to keep a player 2 seasons in a row?

Yes (conditions to be determined)

No.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personally I don't care... Im not keeping AP... Would think about keeping Miles Austin depending on the keeper penalty...

the second option is a lil different

you kept Austin for a last (15th) round pick

next year would be +1 round..... so the 14th

then the 13th and so on.....

We can escalate the rounds too if you want (maybe 2 rounds jumped per keepage)

half

make it sting.

Why should it sting though?

Because someone else was better on waivers then you were??

that's bullsh!t! (but again only my opinion)

Good drafting AND good waiver pickups are the key to winning.... hell look at half my championship team..... I got Blount, Green-Ellis, Vick and Lewis off waivers/the FA pile, same thing in my other leagues... it's a skill and should be REWARDED and not PUNISHED.... you're trying to paint a big ugly trapezoid around it :P

Why should it sting though?

Because someone else was better on waivers then you were??

that's bullsh!t! (but again only my opinion)

Good drafting AND good waiver pickups are the key to winning.... hell look at half my championship team..... I got Blount, Green-Ellis, Vick and Lewis off waivers/the FA pile, same thing in my other leagues... it's a skill and should be REWARDED and not PUNISHED.... you're trying to paint a big ugly trapezoid around it :P

Sting in year two... to encourage turn over... the reward comes in year 1 of keeper.

Sting in year two... to encourage turn over... the reward comes in year 1 of keeper.

I agree..... and most FF superstars don't perform that great two years in a row and if you have any talent whatsoever you should be able to find an equally good value keeper the next year B )

It's 5-5 in the end (multi-year keeper system, or no 2 year keeper)... with DevsMJ, LOTCB still need to vote.

What do you want the keeper system to be

1. Keep a player for as many years as you want at the pick of where you drafted him (1 votes [10.00%] - View)
  2. Keep a player for as many years as you want at the pick of where you drafted him + 1 round per year of keeper-dom (2 votes [20.00%] - View)
  3. Keep a player where you got him at cost of draft pick divded by 2 (8th round pick, 4th round cost) (1 votes [10.00%] - View)
  4. No player may be kept two seasons in a row, at the cost of where he was drafted (5 votes [50.00%] - View)
  5. No player may be kept two seasons in a row, at the cost of where he was drafted divided by 2 (2nd round pick=1st round cost, etc) (1 votes [10.00%] - View)

Really? Now maybe someone changed their vote, but that's not the way I read those results. I see:

3 votes to keep for more than one year (option 1 and 2)

1 vote for option 3 which makes no reference to how many years, only the value put on a keeper

6 votes for only keeping for 1 season

Even if you make the assumption that option 3 is "...for as many years as you want..." it still reads 6-4 in favor of only one year to me.

I think someone else already made the valid point that this should be two different polls:

Poll 1 - multi year or single season keeper. **** If multi year wins, another poll would have to determine how many years limit if any.

After that is determined

Poll 2 - Value of keeper : same as previous year, same as previous year -1, same as previous year ÷ 2

I say "previous year" b/c if multi year wins this clearly increases the value every year, ie not a 14th rounder costs a 7th rounder for the next 5 years. if you use the term "Value drafted" since the guy isn't really "drafted" he's "kept" with some Round value placed on him.

Good day. :cheers:

If you lose anybody next year i would love to join in...

I have to remember the order on this... I am quite sure Iggy was in the FF league too (he left after Laflamme, I think he was getting married).... and he's got right of first return.... there MIGHT have been someone else too.... damned if I can remember, but then we can put red on the list after....

I do like to give the previous people the first return option, as long as they had a GOOD REASON to leave the league (Super 17 can suck it getting bored during the draft :P)

we're like the Giants....we have an STH list :lol:

we're like the Giants....we have an STH list :lol:

I'm still like # 70,000 in line for Eagles season tickets... been on the list for 3 years.

They offered me club seats this past season, but offered at a time I couldn't justify dropping 250 a seat. If they offer again, I'm in.

Edited by aylbert

• 6 months later...

Still think a keeper should cost MORE than he did when you drafted him!

Why? Just because you draft like sh!t doesn't mean those of who know what we're doing should be punished :P

Why? Just because you draft like sh!t doesn't mean those of who know what we're doing should be punished :P

28kls11.gif

It's to put some value on the player and make you think twice before keeping a guy. Not just all this B.S. automatically keeping a guy that will cost you a 15th rounder cuz YOU DRAFTED so wisely and pick him up as a F.A. rolleyes.gif

That and keeping an 8th round draft choice at the cost of a 4th rounder would STILL be a value if yer doing it right.

So quit waving yer mjo1ma.gif as a flag of malcontent and over compensation.

What I suggest makes perfect sense and is fair and still provides value to the keeper. I'd have to actually look, but I think making the round cost the same as last year makes for pretty obvious decisions whereas making the keeper cost 1/2 the round value makes for some brain power usage, skill, and luck.