Could Brodeur be playing injured?

dantesinferno

I know Brodeur is getting older and his reflexes will naturally slow down. It's obvious that his game has declined drastically and rapidly this season. Maybe part of it is getting older and lack of confidence but it also seems that at times he almost struggles to get back on his feet after dropping down. Could he have a hip, back or knee injury that either he or the team isn't talking about? Has anyone watched him during warm-ups? Is he able to move cleanly up and down without difficulty?

While I do feel that Hockey is the only thing Marty knows how to do in this world.....I dont think he is dumb enough to play with a serious injury. its only going to get worse if he is playing injured.

IMHO: He hasnt and never will fully recover from his elbow injury. That alone effected his confidence and game.

I could be wrong, and correct me if I am, but the oldest goaltender in the league right now is Roloston who was born in 69. Marty was born in 72. Hes not that far off from being one of the oldest active goaltenders in the league.

Age alone effects your game and confidence.

Edited by Quinn01

Could fans stop making excuses for Marty?

It's possible the repeated elbow injuries have taken their toll, but I don't think Marty is playing injured. He's just playing terrible.

Could fans stop making excuses for Marty?

It's possible the repeated elbow injuries have taken their toll, but I don't think Marty is playing injured. He's just playing terrible.

even if he is playing hurt, which is certainly possible, it's not like he's going to get magically healthy at his age.

even if he is playing hurt, which is certainly possible, it's not like he's going to get magically healthy at his age.

Absolutely correct. In fact, the more he plays, the more he tires, and risks additional injury.

One of the reasons Devils need to find that 1a type of goalie you mention.

Marty actually fled the country a couple of weeks ago; we have been sending out the zamboni driver in his jersey and pads the last bunch of games. Hence the poor results.....

I see your still unable to admit that its over for Marty.....your life,and his will still go on....you'll be alright.

Obesity is a disease, so I guess you could say that.

I'd just like to point out that Marty is still an elite athlete that is in better shape than probably 99% of this board, including myself. The fat jokes are getting a wee bit old, no?

Edited by RSC

i would attribute it to age well before injury. his reflexes seem to be a full second off and the "hybrid" style that chico always mentions could just as easily be called "lazy style" in that he was never a drop down and recover type goalie. he always had a quick glove (until what seems like this year) and he seemed to be able to get a pad on something - but he's lunging now and basically making a read and hoping the puck hits him at this point.

I'd just like to point out that Marty is still an elite athlete that is in better shape than probably 99% of this board, including myself. The fat jokes are getting a wee bit old, no?

Thank god you went there before I did. You were nice about it. I was going to say the exact same thing once that moron answered me back. :rolleyes: For a 6'2'' dude, 215 lbs is not bad.

Edited by Quinn01

Wow, this board is getting pathetic and painful to read.

Respect the damn player, he's one of the main reasons this team has been so successful over the past decade. Obviously his career is winding down and his skill is declining, but the fat jokes and what not are completely unnecessary.

What's with this team's fan base and its lack of respect for...anything?

Obesity is a disease, so I guess you could say that.

Thanks for the insightful post.

Wow, this board is getting pathetic and painful to read.

Respect the damn player, he's one of the main reasons this team has been so successful over the past decade. Obviously his career is winding down and his skill is declining, but the fat jokes and what not are completely unnecessary.

What's with this team's fan base and its lack of respect for...anything?

Thanks for the insightful post.

Could it be That the team is the main reason he has been successful over the past decade?

It's obvious that it isn't even Marty out there. It's Barry Melrose in a Marty disguise. The Newark comment should have tipped us all off. Marty, meanwhile, who was never of this earth to begin with, has returned to his home planet of Kicksave to start pizza chains and breed.

It's the only explanation that makes sense.

“But I don’t deserve to to be in there when you don’t win. That’s the bottom line. I’ve been winning all of my career and now it’s been a little tougher, so it’s normal that somebody (else starts). If it works, good. It’s all about the team.”

I still say we have some of the most retarded fans (if you can even call them that) in the league, as evidenced above.