NFL 2011 Offseason Thead

Hi, I'm VALUE!

That's a pretty douchey move to say he's staying then fire him when all the openings are filled.

Well they screwed themselves too since the top guys are also hired too.....It would do Fisher well to take a year off and wait for the chips to fall next year anyway......

Well they screwed themselves too since the top guys are also hired too.....It would do Fisher well to take a year off and wait for the chips to fall next year anyway......

Other than Harbaugh (who probably took less from what Miami offered him to be in SF cause it was local), who was really a 'top' guy that got hired this year? Cleveland hired the Rams' D coordinator, Oakland hired their offensive coordinator - meh. I don't even remember who Denver or Carolina hired lol. Minnesota, Dallas, Miami and Houston kept their staffs intact.

EDIT: Just looked it up, Fox went to Denver and Rivera went to Carolina...eh, Rivera was once a hot candidate and I guess had the #1 defense this year lol...Fox is a pretty big name too but there's still SB-winning coaches on the market if they wanted to go that way now they don't have to worry about anyone else poaching their choice. I'm guessing they don't want someone that's going to have a lot of say though since they didn't even want to listen to Fisher so probably it'll be another young assistant.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Wow, probably the most underrated coaches of all time. Regardless of how the owners/GM"s screwed the franchise, he always had to start from scratch and put together a competitive team.

• 2 weeks later...

Any reason given for the Titans firing of offensive coordinator Mike Heimerdinger?

If I heard right and I wasn't fully paying attention he's undergoing cancer treatments, which will obviously affect his ability to be a football coach

Yeup.....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81e36fa3/article/heimerdinger-out-as-titans-offensive-coordinator?module=HP_headlines

If I heard right and I wasn't fully paying attention he's undergoing cancer treatments, which will obviously affect his ability to be a football coach

Yeup.....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81e36fa3/article/heimerdinger-out-as-titans-offensive-coordinator?module=HP_headlines

"This wasn't about his health"

Could he not just retire or take a leave of absence? FIRED is a little much.

Edited by MantaRay

"This wasn't about his health"

Could he not just retire or take a leave of absence? FIRED is a little much.

Well new coach.....new staff, that's not unreasonable either....

Non-exclusive Franchise tag on Vincent Jackson? Interesting. Smart move by SD

Eh, this drama has been so ABSURD.....either sign the guy outright or just trade the fracker..... it's no wonder with all this dumb stuff going on that the Lord of no Rings, makes the worst choices ever for team morale......

• 2 weeks later...

Most importantly for us:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-halotingata

Ravens’ Ngata signs one-year, $12.5 million tender

OWINGS MILLS, Md. (AP)—The agent for Baltimore’s Haloti Ngata(notes) says the Ravens’ Pro Bowl defensive tackle has signed his $12.5 million, one-year franchise tender.

Mike McCartney said Wednesday the deal had been signed. The Ravens designated Ngata as their franchise player earlier this month, but want to sign him to a long-term deal eventually.

By using the franchise tag on Ngata and paying him the average of the top five salaries at his position, the Ravens prevented him from becoming an unrestricted free agent.

Voted the Ravens’ Most Valuable Player last year, Ngata is a two-time Pro Bowl selection regarded as one of the most dominant defensive linemen in the league.

The 6-foot-4, 350-pounder recorded 65 tackles last season with a career-high 5 1/2 sacks to go with five pass deflections and one fumble recovery.

• 1 month later...

So apparently the NFL schedule's being released at 7 tonight, assuming the season begins on time anyway :P

Rumor is Jets-Cowboys is going to be the first Sunday night game, with the two Ryans going head to head.

I believe that's been confirmed. Also, the Giants will open at Washington, which make sense, since it's the 10th anniversary of 9/11. I also heard the Fins and Jets close the season against each other, but I didn't hear if it's in Miami or the Meadowlands. I know we play the G-men up here 10/30 as well.

Wait, so it's a NIGHT game, so I can be home... and not build a machine-gun nest in the bar to keep everyone away from me.... I'm stealing his line and I don't care.... PRAISE ODIN!!!!!:clap:

Wait, so it's a NIGHT game, so I can be home... and not build a machine-gun nest in the bar to keep everyone away from me.... I'm stealing his line and I don't care.... PRAISE ODIN!!!!!:clap:

Don't like watching Cowboy games at Sun Tavern?

Figures we get a three-game road trip at Oakland, at Baltimore and at New England in the first five weeks of the season. And the last two weeks are amusing, the Giants on Christmas Eve and the Fish on the road New Year's Day.