GDT 1/4/11 - Wild vs New Jersey Devils - 7 PM

franconianhell

At least the knit hats were nice.

Truly a joke in the Verizon tower. We waited to the point that people had to walk backwards on the escalators as the lobby was full. Three people in slow motion giving out hats. There where easily 2,000 plus people trying to get out standing there only to find out there were no hats. They were calling for extra security because they were afraid of the crowd.

truly pathetic end to a sad night. Worst managed give away I have ever seen.

Edited by Section21

I saw positives tonight, especially after the softie Moose let in, the devils did not DIE on the ice completely. They still shows signs of life, and tried to score the tying goal. I thought for sure after that they would be less effective than orange cones nailed to mulberry street in stopping the other team. I am glad they proved me wrong.

I think that goal, will be talked about for 15 years, "yes I at the game when 'that goal' was scored"... In the end however it does not mean a thing for this season, other than something we can laugh at.

Truly a joke in the Verizon tower. We waited to the point that people had to walk backwards on the escalators as the lobby was full. Three people in slow motion giving out hats. There where easily 2,000 plus people trying to get out standing there only to find out there were no hats. They were calling for extra security because they were afraid of the crowd.

Yes. It was truly a joke.

Yeah it very badly organized where I went out as well, I don't know why they just didn't give them out on the way in. Would have made things easier.

They are pretty nice though so they got that part right.

I think that goal, will be talked about for 15 years, "yes I at the game when 'that goal' was scored"... In the end however it does not mean a thing for this season, other than something we can laugh at.

It was really that hideous?! I heard a description on the WFAN 20/20 but jesus f'ing christ I'm glad I missed this one :lol:

Good thing I didn't care enough about the dopey hat to go to this game (especially since it sounds like that was a joke too...how can they run out of hats when there were likely 12-14,000 people there) :P

They didn't give them out coming in because they remember last year - they gave them out before the Lightning game in which the lights when out, and people were throwing them on the ice afterwards.

If just one person who threw his hat on the ice last year didn't get one this year, it makes up for the fact that I missed out on one. (okay, it doesn't bother me much that I missed out because they're always too small for my head anyway, but still).

somehow i managed to get three hats. i don't think the lady that was giving them out was paying too much attention because she kept trying to hand them to me and two of them were pretty much stuck together.

so...uh, yeah. sorry about that. i didn't know there was a big hat debacle going down. if anyone wants the extras lol...

I don't understand why they didn't just have the hats at the doors as you were leaving...I guess that's too easy for the Devils. Nah, just have people make a mob to get some ski hats, someone may or may not get trampled, but at least you don't have to cover every door. Whatever.

As for the game, what a clusterfvck. Seriously, this game was ridiculously frustrating to watch, I don't know if I want to go on Thursday in a building that'll be half Philly fans.

They didn't give them out coming in because they remember last year - they gave them out before the Lightning game in which the lights when out, and people were throwing them on the ice afterwards.

So they were afraid of the lights going out again? :P

Even so they shouldn't be running out of hats when there's announced 13,200 in attendance there (and probably closer to 12,000 in actual attendance since this was one of the sth free comp tickets).

what r the actual odds at this pointthat marty requests a trade to a cup contender?

If I'm Colorado, Washington - I'd at least make the phone call to see what's happening.

....it wouldn't ever be Lou that would make that determination. Brodeur would have to want out.. and request it from upper-management.

Is it likely? -Probably not. But given the recent quotes of displeasure from Marty.. "We're not winning now, so it's not fun. It's got to be fun for me to play hockey." ..it seems it's more likely now, than it ever was.

Like Don Cherry always said. "They traded Gretzky.. they can trade anyone."

Except Gretzky was at the height of his power while Marty's had an AHL-type season and was recently 'benched'...not exactly a way to build up trade value if that's ultimately what the endgame is. And I don't think there's a chance it happens this year. Next year, maybe - if we're still bad then (and if Marty even has trade value left).

I don't understand why they didn't just have the hats at the doors as you were leaving...I guess that's too easy for the Devils. Nah, just have people make a mob to get some ski hats, someone may or may not get trampled, but at least you don't have to cover every door. Whatever.

As for the game, what a clusterfvck. Seriously, this game was ridiculously frustrating to watch, I don't know if I want to go on Thursday in a building that'll be half Philly fans.

Yeah I went to reach for the last hat they had and the guy handed it to the cute girl next to me instead!!..... Good thing she's my gf and didn't want the hat :boogie:

Well I apologize for giving my tix to my gf and her brother (both Flyers fans) but they are the respectful ones (oxymoron?) who just enjoy watching their team play and aren't obnoxious

feel bad for the moose on that one play off the boards!

that first period was a real horror show...

There really should be no doubt that he's playing much better than Marty right now...

boy did maclean ever run this team into the ditch; at least we won't have his name in the mix again for the annual coaching hire ;p

what a lost disorganized pile this group is.

person i feel for is Lemaire who had to come in and clean up this mess...

also, nice to see Fraser back... he's a keeper;)

Edited by ice dog

At least all two goals against us were funny in the way they came....;)

but seriously. all the effort (Powerplay looked good tonight) won't help you if you screw it up early in the 1st period...

Not to be a d!ck, but I'm not sure what game you saw, the pp was a joke...