GDT 1/6/11 Devils vs. Flyers

ZeroGravityFat

Anyone that quits on the team and bashes the head coach in the media is a cancer in the locker room. Plain and simple my friend.

You are either too young or too crass to remember nor appreciate what players do for a franchise weighing the good and bad of a career with a team.

The disrespect on this board for the many players who have given many good years to NJ sickens me.

I'm not 15. I don't care that he won a cup here...it was relevant then, it's not relevant anymore. Are you seriously denying his lack off effort and motivation? Don't kid yourself.

Spoken like a young fan who thinks Stanley Cups grow on trees.

How many playoff seasons did this guy work his ass of? Lead the league in 2003 I believe?

Sometimes we sound like Veruca from Willy Wonka - we forget all we've had and pout - because we're spoiled.

I'm not 15. I don't care that he won a cup here...it was relevant then, it's not relevant anymore. Are you seriously denying his lack off effort and motivation? Don't kid yourself.

I wasn't singling you out, just making a generalization. As for effort, this team is playing too horrendous for me to put the blame on a single player. But I do agree that Langenbrunner is one piece that needs to be shipped for this team to get on the right track, namely younger talent.

I wasn't singling you out, just making a generalization. As for effort, this team is playing too horrendous for me to put the blame on a single player. But I do agree that Langenbrunner is one piece that needs to be shipped for this team to get on the right track, namely younger talent.

No one denies this.

Its the right move at the right time - it makes hockey business sense.

Its the name calling that is classless.

I don't write off what he's done with us. What I am saying is that his recent play and lack of effort DOES NOT BECOME ACCEPTABLE BECAUSE OF PAST ACCOMPLISHMENTS.

Do you agree with this?

You're not reading.

Thats not the discussion, everyone sees and acknowledges this, including Lou.

He's old, slowing and not productive, he's also UFA - he's one of our 2 most valuable "tradeable" assets that we are willing to move.

He should moved to see what can be gotten for him.

The "Langenncancer" and "sucks balls" comments were both unecessary - especially on the day he is walking away from a franchise he has given so much to.

No one denies this.

Its the right move at the right time - it makes hockey business sense.

Its the name calling that is classless.

I agree with you 100%. I don't berate players on the Board, and I don't boo them at the games. But to each his own...

You're not reading.

Thats not the discussion, everyone sees and acknowledges this, including Lou.

He's old, slowing and not productive, he's also UFA - he's one of our 2 most valuable "tradeable" assets that we are willing to move.

He should moved to see what can be gotten for him.

The "Langenncancer" and "sucks balls" comments were both unecessary - especially on the day he is walking away from a franchise he has given so much to.

Easy Father ....you have your opinion,others have theirs......I have followed the Devils for 20 years now....and this team sucks..blows and US long time fans are still shocked this is the sh!t we ended up with....MY OPINION

• Like 2

Easy Father ....you have your opinion,others have theirs......I have followed the Devils for 20 years now....and this team sucks..blows and US long time fans are still shocked this is the sh!t we ended up with....MY OPINION

What does this have anything to do with the discussion we've been having?

We all have opinions.

I'm just a little sick of the "don't let the door hit you in the ass....." comments today regarding Jaime.

His time has come and gone - but now that he's leaving - he was a warrior for this franchise and should be treated with such respect as he exits.

And why is it whenever anyone "checks" someone here it becomes preaching? I wish some of the older generation of fans WOULD speak up more and offer perspective during these times.

What does this have anything to do with the discussion we've been having?

We all have opinions.

I'm just a little sick of the "don't let the door hit you in the ass....." comments today regarding Jaime.

His time has come and gone - but now that he's leaving - he was a warrior for this franchise and should be treated with such respect as he exits.

And why is it whenever anyone "checks" someone here it becomes preaching? I wish some of the older generation of fans WOULD speak up more and offer perspective during these times.

I am....Jaime did alot for this team,when he cared to be a part of it...but from the end of last season and his poor attitude and play this season I can understand feeling the way some do....Just don't understand the need to call him out on it.....let him rant if he wants.

Edited by hit the post

Unfortunately today sports is a "what have you done for me lately" business. Jamie was huge in the cup winning run in 03, but everyone remembers his piss poor play as of late. Good luck Jamie and I hope when he returns in another uniform he gets a little respect from the fans.

Unfortunately today sports is a "what have you done for me lately" business. Jamie was huge in the cup winning run in 03, but everyone remembers his piss poor play as of late. Good luck Jamie and I hope when he returns in another uniform he gets a little respect from the fans.

Can't agree more....well said