Langenbrunner to Dallas. 3rd round conditional pick coming back

DevsFan7545

i suggest reading up on 'supply and demand'.

I know you don't know much about the game or the business, so I would recommend that you take your own advice and try to catch-up.

No one should be surprised at what Lou got back. GM"s around the league knew as soon as Lemaire was announced as coach Langs was gone to the first offer, compounding the situation was knowing the Devils cap problems.

Lou had NO LEVERAGE.

while we don't know the conditions yet, unless this is a slam dunk to turn into a 2nd or 1st, it's terrible. no reason that there should even be a RISK of a 3rd when you compare to other deals in the past.

just an awful, awful job by lou. i wouldn't be upset if he was removed at this point.

I know you don't know much about the game or the business, so I would recommend that you take your own advice and try to catch-up.

No one should be surprised at what Lou got back. GM"s around the league knew as soon as Lemaire was announced as coach Langs was gone to the first offer, compounding the situation was knowing the Devils cap problems.

Lou had NO LEVERAGE.

the state of the devils didn't matter. atlanta had no leverage with kovalchuk. everyone knew he was gone. your position is incorrect.

what matters is that multiple teams wanted langenbrunner. the shape of the devils didn't matter. he was a demanded asset and there was only one of him.

lou didn't hold out long enough if this was the best he could get.

I wasn't expecting much of a return, so I'm not upset with what Lou got back. Funny how for all the bitching that went on about Langs here, from everything from his on-ice performance to his attitude, suddenly fans are pissed that Lou didn't get much back. This wasn't so much about making a big deal as it was about shaking this thing up. This so needed to be done...

yeah i love how the quotes have gone from "oh my god, you suck you dont deserve the C, you cant score, you dont play hard" have turned into "omg i wanted more"

seriously, if you thought the guy sucked that bad while here, you shouldn't be shocked other GMs didnt want to overpay for his underachieving attitude.

yeah i love how the quotes have gone from "oh my god, you suck you dont deserve the C, you cant score, you dont play hard" have turned into "omg i wanted more"

seriously, if you thought the guy sucked that bad while here, you shouldn't be shocked other GMs didnt want to overpay for his underachieving attitude.

It's not that. While most of us didn't cotton to Jamie's recent attitude we figured he'd be better off with a fresh start. That doesn't detract from the fact that he's still talented and worth more than a third conditional.

It's not that. While most of us didn't cotton to Jamie's recent attitude we figured he'd be better off with a fresh start. That doesn't detract from the fact that he's still talented and worth more than a third conditional.

He's 35 and is a UFA and has had a crap attitude for almost a full season.

You are not going to get a huge return for a potential rental, its that simple. EDIT: A rental with his recent history.

Edited by jagknife

the state of the devils didn't matter. atlanta had no leverage with kovalchuk. everyone knew he was gone. your position is incorrect.

what matters is that multiple teams wanted langenbrunner. the shape of the devils didn't matter. he was a demanded asset and there was only one of him.

What shouldn't be forgotten i guess is the impace of Lang's NTC.

Say lou didn't want to deal him in the EC, for obvious reasons, and says to Langs "we have three west coast teams wanting you, Dallas, SJ and Colorado" Langs can say, "i will only waive my NTC for Dallas, otherwise i refuse."

So no matter how long he wanted to hold out for it may not have been possible.

Say lou didn't want to deal him in the EC, for obvious reasons, and says to Langs "we have three west coast teams wanting you, Dallas, SJ and Colorado" Langs can say, "i will only waive my NTC for Dallas, otherwise i refuse."

Point taken.

So who's next? I imagine nothing more will be done until the trade deadline.

Clearly, the state of the Devils was paramount here. Lou is looking to limit the damage to the franchise and not lose any more money. Attendance, merchandising, and TV ratings are all on the decline from here on.

Mulitple teams may have inquired about Langs, but based on our cap situation and bringing Lemaire back most teams were not going to offering anything of value.

What's the big deal? Some of you lot wanted him outta here in exchange for a bag of pucks. Literally.

well i wanted pucks, a practice net and three of Edmonton's Ice Dancers, but i'll take the conditional 3rd which probably will turn into a 2nd [which could be huge in the year we don't have our 1st]

Excellent point.

we now have room to sign captain parise.

Losing Langs doesn't help re-sign Parise.

I know Lemaire wanted to make White the Captain last year.

well i wanted pucks, a practice net and three of Edmonton's Ice Dancers, but i'll take the conditional 3rd which probably will turn into a 2nd [which could be huge in the year we don't have our 1st]

Is the conditional 3rd rounder not for this year's draft? Because it sounds like we're going to forfeit our first round pick this season.