I just saw the Miracle movie...

exit_16w

It is amazingly good. I know you don't believe me because it doesnt come out for another few weeks, but there was a special screening. The movie captures the drama and the whole background to the game so well. I'll probably see this movie like 3 more times when it comes out. Definatly a must see.

BOY HOWDY I CAN'T WAIT!!!!! :D

I'm going to see it the day it comes out with like at least 8 people i play hockey with. Then the next day is the YoungStars game and the Skills Competition, then the day after that is the All-Star Game!!!!

...and sometime during this ultimate weekend I will find time for homework... :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Any info on the sneak previews? Since they're announcing it, I guess it's just like going to a normal movie, right?

(I'm saying this because I've often gone to sneak previews where you need a special pass that you either get at colleges or win from radio stations, etc... but since this is announced on TV, I'm guessing you won't have to do that...)

Any info on the sneak previews? Since they're announcing it, I guess it's just like going to a normal movie, right?

(I'm saying this because I've often gone to sneak previews where you need a special pass that you either get at colleges or win from radio stations, etc... but since this is announced on TV, I'm guessing you won't have to do that...)

No its like going to a normal movie.

A "SCREENING" is where you need a pass.

I found this on the net:

Added Detroit's 41-year-old center Igor Larionov, who played in the Miracle on Ice loss to the Americans, "There was no bad stuff out there tonight. It was all skill. It's a fun kind of hockey to play. I think that's what we'll see the rest of this tournament."

I didn't think the Russian Gretzky played until 1984 (when the Russians won the tournament, outscoring their opponents 58-6).

Anyone know where I can find a roster of the 1980 Russian team? I know Fetisov was there, but I don't know any of the others....

And if Igor was there, who plays him in the movie? (-:

I am soo excited to see this. Im sure Disney did an extraodinary job. Considering the last few Disney hockey movies were classics in The Mighty Ducks series.

Seriously though, I saw an ad for it during the Super Bowl today, and wow I wanted to see it right there and then.

BTW - Is this patriotic smarm, or a real hockey movie?

There's patriotism in it, and I read some Canadians weren't thrilled by it. Oh well, they'll need to get over it or something.

Great movie otherwise. Russell played the part very well.

Ranford played the hockey parts of for the guy playing Jim Craig...

BTW - Is this patriotic smarm, or a real hockey movie?

You won't like it DW - the US wins in this movie. :P;)

I don't care... it's ancient history. And apparently, it's a miracle when you guys win. (-:

My question was more - was this a "hockey team gels with just a dash of magic to overcome great odds" or "USA is better than everyone else at everything, even the stuff it sucks at" kinda movie.

I know. Just kidding. And I haven't seen it yet, so I can't comment. Did you see the quote from Larionov wondering how they treat the Russians in the movie? Hard to believe he was on that team.

Not that hard cause he wasnt :) He didnt play until 84, he was one of the last cuts on the 80 team.

You're right. I read this wrong:

IGOR LARIONOV , who had such a brilliant career with the Red Army and former Soviet national teams, said he is anxious to see the new movie, "Miracle," about Team USA's 1980 Olympic gold medal and victory over the powerful Soviets. Larionov said he is curious because Russians have been portrayed as stupid in James Bonds films. "I want to see how accurately they show the Russian side because I know what happened there (in Lake Placid, N.Y.)," Larionov explained. "I played with most of those guys. I went to training camp that next July and I heard the stories."