gold circle skate question

madams9

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jerseys work. I always liked pucks because they're easy to sign and they're cheap. You can buy like 5 or so puck ahead of time for like $25-30 online or if you're like me, you have a ton sitting around the house anyways. Then you can get to have each puck to have only one signature so it looks a bit nicer. Black writes well if you have them sign the logo side, but if you have a silver sharpie, that seems to look the best imo.

Also, photos are nice too. Like if you have a nice picture from one of the game programs or something. Those always look nice when they're signed.

I am taking my 7 year old son to the gold circle skate Monday but he won't know about it until he gets there. What do most people get autographed? I was thinking a jersey. I think most team signed jersey's are done on the Devil's logo, right?

I would get 8 x 10 photos of the better players or pucks as someone else mentioned. These are available in the team store. Your son will have them for years. If you get a jersey signed that he wears, it will be history within a few years.....I prefer the photos because they look great hanging up

Only for the club seat people I believe $$$

Saw tickets on ebay at the end of the week and almost had them. They were for VIP and club season ticket holders. I just wanted to skate on the ice

I may or may not be getting tickets to this tonight, but if I do I am bringing a Kovalchuk jersey, a Brodeur jersey, a Parise ND jersey and a blank authentic already signed by a few players.

I already have a signed Devils and Canada jersey signed by Marty (both his jerseys) so I may end up bringing his book to get signed. Havent decided yet. :rolleyes:

I assume they will have Sharpies but will bring one just in case. Is that the best thing to get a jersey signed with?

They will have sharpies on each table for the players to use but the best thing I have found is a silver Pen-touch marker. It drys right away and is brighter then a silver sharpie. Also, if you allow them to use their markers they have sitting there, let them know what color and where you would like them to sign otherwise (Elias did this to me once) they will use blue on a throw back jersey to sign :rolleyes: Marty also asked me when I met him at his signing what color I would like him to use on a Team canada jersey then followed his question with "Blue?"

just got back. devils did a good job with this this year. it helped that there were only about 2000 people total which one of the staffers told me was the smallest crowd they've had for this in since they've done it.

i actually stayed on the game ice the whole time and was able to meet/get an autograph and/or get a picture with everyone except arnott, parise and salvador (9 and 24 had no intention of skating and we were told that). not sure why arnott didn't.

fwiw, all these guys are total sweethearts and very friendly. nobody was prickly in the least. some may have thought kovy might have been but he had such an enormous line on the ice that he was just trying to get to everyone.

i had 3 extended conversations that i suppose are worth sharing:

lou: said the rangers trade today was a good trade for both teams. said he was obviously disappointed in the season but was looking forward to the "unfortunate or fortunate - depending on how you look at it - opportunity to take advantage of the draft and be able to do some things we couldn't do when we're always on top." ( i took this to mean being able to shed vets and give kids time).

tallinder: sweetest guy in the world. talks like he's from nebraska - you'd have no idea he was foreign. was skating around trying to have all the kids catch him. really the nicest guy. i feel terrible bashing him anonymously on internet message boards. i welcomed him to NJ and said it'll be nice to see what he can do over the next couple of years here. his response, "with the season i've had, who knows if i'll still be here." he said it tongue in cheek and with a huge smile and a laugh but i thought it was funny. i asked him about larsson and landeskog and he had no idea who either of them were. thought that was funny.

tedenby: opposite of tallinder in that you'd think he was from siberia and had never heard english ever by his accent and grammer. i asked him about larsson and landeskog - he said gabriel should be pretty good but larsson is going to be great. he was hoping for larsson because he "wants team sweden in NJ instead of detroit."

my favorite photo - me, my daughter, and ses-TI-to who was so appreciative of the attention.

Just got back for the event.

The Devils did this just right.

They seperated the players into 3 groups and rotated them every 50 minutes.

They also seperated the stars for the most part.

The players were in great mood.

Security was telling everyone 1 item signed per person however, once you got up to the payer they signed as much stuff as you had.

I got Parise, Kovy, Elias and Brodeur.

yeah, i was hoping he was there too.

Marty was signing anything you had.

his line was huge, i left after i got his auto.

I'm wonder if he got to everyone, hopefully he did.

i had the McFarlane in the throwback xmas tree uni and i wanted him to sign the top in silver sharpie because the packaging was black.

he signed the plastic packaging instead and can barely see it...oh well better than nothing.

Kovy shy and I think not comfortable with the language.

He asked us how to spell our names....(Rich and Lisa)...pretty funny.

Edited by trailblazer

yeah, i was hoping he was there too.

Marty was signing anything you had.

his line was huge, i left after i got his auto.

I'm wonder if he got to everyone, hopefully he did.

i had the McFarlane in the throwback xmas tree uni and i wanted him to sign the top in silver sharpie because the packaging was black.

he signed the plastic packaging instead and can barely see it...oh well better than nothing.

Gotta point exactly where you want it signed!

I left a nice huge spot on my throwback for Marty to sign...and man did he do it right. Figure about 12 autos in size 8 font and 1 Marty auto in 12 font in the sweet spot. Perfect..

Also, this is the 3rd year I've gone and by far this was the nicest the players have ever been. I guess when you have the worst record in the league and you still have enthusiastic fans waiting patiently in long lines it humbles you a bit and perhaps for the first time it's them who needs the love now. Regardless, a great event by the Devils enjoyed by the whole family.

A family friend called and offered me tickets for this - I had a doctors appointment but had to cancel there was no way I was going to pass this up. My friend and I went and we were in awe the whole time. Stuck between some kids our age who might take it for granted we appreciated everything so much.

Tedenby, Arnott, Elias, and Marty signed my hat - couldn't track down Parise, think he left early.

Tedenby was such a cool guy, he seemed as nervous for fans coming up to talk to him as we were talking to a devil. Very nice though, didn't realize how close in age and height we were. Was signing stuff as he was skating around and shrugged off a skate guard telling him he wasn't susposed to. Funny guy.

Arnott was the nicest out of the other two, seemed happy to be there. I was in shock to meet Elias haha I could barely ask him to sign my hat. Marty was cool. We were at the front of the line for him - someone yelled out 'Marty please don't waive your NTC!' Marty responded saying there was no chance 'my kids would kill me' haha.

Zajac was such a shy guy but very cool.

Zharkov was my favorite of the players I talked to. Told him it was coming, he's scoring next game. He replied talking about how he's trying to score two goals in the game he scores his first. he was just kind of standing by the boards and seemed thrilled that we even noticed him.

Clarkson was hounded by everyone, such a great guy though joking around. mentioned he did great the other night scoring two and he was very appreciative.

Tallinder was another awesome guy as sundstrom also commented.

Lou was walking around the whole time making sure everyone was having a blast, signing anything. I wanted to hand him my Parise card and ask him "can you please sign him for me?" haha i dont think he wouldve thought that was too funny.

Last but not least, Kovy was great the whole time. His line was probably the longest and when he was out skating he continued to sign things and take pictures. Such a good guy at heart, I dont know how anyone can root against him.

Just an incredible all around night. A+ job by the devils.

Lou was walking around the whole time making sure everyone was having a blast, signing anything. I wanted to hand him my Parise card and ask him "can you please sign him for me?" haha i dont think he wouldve thought that was too funny.

haha you should have done that! There is no way Lou wouldn't have cracked a smile at that one.

I have been to a bunch of other season ticket holder events before, but never to one of the Gold Circle ones and I had an amazing time! I met up with a few friends and also met a couple of NJDevs members.

I got to meet a lot of the players and had some really cool things signed. In addition to getting handful of 8x10s autographed (Hedberg, Zharkov, Greene, Pelley, Sestito, Palmieri, White, Mair, Tedenby), my two favorite items are a 16x20 of Brodeur that he personalized to me, and a HUGE 20x30 photo of Kovalchuk, Zubrus, Zajac, Parise, and Rolston that I got all five players to sign.

IMG_1361-1.jpg

Me and Hedberg

Here's the Marty photo. What makes it even better is that I own the exact stick he is using in the picture, from a game last December against Ottawa (not that model of stick...literally the exact game used stick).

IMG_1363.jpg

And here's the big project of the night. It came out really well. I wish Rolston signed it an inch lower, but overall I'm very happy with it. It will look great framed and hanging on the wall!

IMG_1365.jpg