Vote for favorite Devil of all time

JRFuerst

It all depends on how old you are. If you started watching the team and following not to long ago, then you are going to vote Marty and Elias. If you have been watching a little later you know Nieds play along with Stevens besides what is shown in highlights on youtube.

It all depends on how old you are. If you started watching the team and following not to long ago, then you are going to vote Marty and Elias. If you have been watching a little later you know Nieds play along with Stevens besides what is shown in highlights on youtube.

Not saying Maclean will win this or should, but in the same respect, i think alot of Devils fans are too young, weren't born yet or still holding a pathetic grudge over Maclean playing for the Rangers. Too many Devils fans do not appreciate Mac as a player and it's a shame. With his coaching failure, he's even going to be forgotten more.

It's not like Maclean left directly to the NYR. Funny, Bruce Driver did just that (left directly for the NYR because Lou wouldn't give him a no-trade) but you hear very little backlash towards him.

• Like 1

It's not like Maclean left directly to the NYR. Funny, Bruce Driver did just that (left directly for the NYR because Lou wouldn't give him a no-trade) but you hear very little backlash towards him.

On the other hand, you almost never hear Bruce's name come up at all.

Not saying Maclean will win this or should, but in the same respect, i think alot of Devils fans are too young, weren't born yet or still holding a pathetic grudge over Maclean playing for the Rangers. Too many Devils fans do not appreciate Mac as a player and it's a shame. With his coaching failure, he's even going to be forgotten more.

Yeah, I myself never understood the anti-MacLean stance. It's not like he Gomezed the Devils.

I do remember how he came out and publicly said he wanted to be moved, though... on TV... before a game... That was crazy. Even as a teenager, I was like, oh $#!+ did he really just say that?!?!? That was the only negative I can recall about MacLean leaving. And he ended up in San Jose before NYR, which couldn't affect NJ any less. Who was that for, anyway? Dody Wood? Doug Bodger?

I'm pulling for Stevens to win this whole thing.

Yeah, I myself never understood the anti-MacLean stance. It's not like he Gomezed the Devils.

I do remember how he came out and publicly said he wanted to be moved, though... on TV... before a game... That was crazy. Even as a teenager, I was like, oh $#!+ did he really just say that?!?!? That was the only negative I can recall about MacLean leaving. And he ended up in San Jose before NYR, which couldn't affect NJ any less. Who was that for, anyway? Dody Wood? Doug Bodger?

I'm pulling for Stevens to win this whole thing.

Yeah, pretty sure Bodger and Wood were the the return. I remember that well- it was painful to see Mac go so public about wanting to be moved. And then when he signed with the Rangers, it was like a slap in the face. But I will always appreciate what John MacLean meant to this franchise. The Goal in '88 was one of the greatest memories of my childhood... It was just awesome. I'll never forget what that goal alone meant to the franchise, never mind Johnny Mac's countless other contributions.

Well, you definitely called the Championship Round--it has begun... Tomorrow will tell how the fans voted.

There is no way that people will vote against Marty. Stevens was HUGE and still is to this team and franchise but Marty is still on the roster.

A lot of fans see Marty as the GOD of this team. To me....hes just another great player on this team.

Marty will still win.

Edited by Quinn01

t

There is no way that people will vote against Marty. Stevens was HUGE and still is to this team and franchise but Marty is still on the roster.

A lot of fans see Marty as the GOD of this team. To me....hes just another great player on this team.

Marty will still win.

I agree with you that Marty is just one of the great players the Devils had had in this franchise, which is why I voted for Stevens...no 3 Cups without Stevens, IMO.

As of now, Scotty has the slight edge:

http://public.bracke....php?id=471&r=6

We'll find out tomorrow.

*Note to self: Pencil DiG onto $hitlist

:lol:

Picking between these two is like flipping a coin. On any given day, either one might be my favorite Devil. Right now the coin is Marty-side up. The guy rewrote the record book and the rule book all while wearing no uniform other than New Jersey's.

This should have gone to Dano IMO. He was a real team player, and gave his blood for the Devils from when they were nothing until after they were champs. He might be a terrible announcer, but he was the heart and soul of the Devils when he played. Stevens was a great player but didn't spend half his career in NJ. And forget Brodeur, he wouldn't be in my top 10.

This should have gone to Dano IMO. He was a real team player, and gave his blood for the Devils from when they were nothing until after they were champs. He might be a terrible announcer, but he was the heart and soul of the Devils when he played. Stevens was a great player but didn't spend half his career in NJ. And forget Brodeur, he wouldn't be in my top 10.

Regarding Brodeur, why not? Most of those points you listed for dano you can say for Brodeur as well. Career Devil, even took less money than the market value at that time.

You think he is a bad announcer? I think he is great actually....

Voted for Scotty, my all-time favorite athlete period.

I love Marty for what he's done for us and his loyalty to the organization, but his personal demons do irk me a bit. While that doesnt come into play in deciding a "best" player, it definitely does when considering favorite.

And Stevens played 22 years in the league, 13 with the Devils, and would've been 14 if not for the lockout. So whoever said he didnt play half his career with us, which 95crash corrected first, was wrong.