McKenzie's Mid-Season 2011 Top 60

BulletToothTony

We are going to play lights out now and finish 9th in the Conference, and get a mid round pick, lol

Worst thing that could happen...for the only time we have a chance of picking 1st we have to wake up when its all too late to loose the 1st pick for absolutely nothing.

It's not unfathomable, but for us to play ourselves out of the lottery (ie bottom 5) we'd have to gain 13-14 points on the team above us. Let's pretend they (Buffalo/Toronto) keep the same pace for the rest of the season, we'd have to get 1.5 points per game on avg to play ourselves out of the lottery and a (seemingly) great prospect.

It's not unfathomable, but for us to play ourselves out of the lottery (ie bottom 5) we'd have to gain 13-14 points on the team above us. Let's pretend they (Buffalo/Toronto) keep the same pace for the rest of the season, we'd have to get 1.5 points per game on avg to play ourselves out of the lottery and a (seemingly) great prospect.

Exactly , a few people seem to think that getting a few wins together means we are going to finish up drafting 15th or something.

The hole we dug ourselves is to big to achieve that (unless we are historically good for the remainder of the season) it will be a streatch for us to pick 5th.

At this stage we are still ending up with a good player it would seem judging by what most of the scouts are saying.

Unfortunately now offense begins with the blueline and the transition game (D). I'd love a game-changing Center, too, but I'm not sure there is one in this draft.

Larsson would be a good, safe selection. Though I like the look of the measurables on that Dougie Hamilton. A super smart Canadian on a 6' 4" frame. He'll need to pack on 25-35 pounds, but he's only 18.

The more I read and watch about the prospects, the more I'm pulling towards Larsson and after this segment by TSN I'm totally sold on him. We have some top-class talent on offense, but it's been a while since we had an all-star player on D. It would be great to add that and sort of remind ourselves of the days when we were building the team on great defencemen.

Nugent-Hopkins seems like the second great option. An offensive talent, more of a playmaker... sounds like a perfect center for Kovy. His size, of course, might be an issue. But Landeskog and Couturier are more two-way guys from what everybody's saying and if you're picking a forward this high, you kind of imagine he'll blow you away with his offense.

Boy, it almost makes me root against the Devils. :)

I think there's a few good Centers we could get for Kovy in free agency. God forbid, but if we lose Zach then we may be able to put Kovy and Zajac together. They seem to be clicking better. Larsson is good but how long would he be in development for? I'm still gunning for Landeskog.RNH would be nice but his size is a liability esp. if he were to center Kovy. That line would be a total sieve on defense. A big Mike Richards-esque RW sounds pretty sweet. Either way I'm not complaining whoever we get.