Devils' revival may silence Arnott trade talk

Rock

Statistically-speaking, I like this absurd over-simplification of the Devils play of late and its implication on their playoff hopes.

Before the hot streak, the Devils were 27 points behind the Bruins for the 8th spot in the East. Seven games, six wins and 13 out of 14 points later, the Devils are 20 points behind Atlanta for that 8th spot. Seven games, made up seven points. There are 34 games left.

Easy as pie. We'll be buyers for sure. :evil:

there won't be that many offers, most teams can't fit arnott under the cap

He's under contract for like three more months, so the cap hit his new team will take will be little, I believe.

I don't expect anything big in return, but a 2nd rounder should be possible. It's better than nothing and we won't be fighting for anything after the deadline, so Arnie doesn't help us much anyway.

BTW, Rolston has been HOT. If we want to get rid of him ever before his contract expires (because, let's face it, he's not gonna put up this kind of numbers consistently), now is the time for (re-entry) waivers.

neither is arnott on this team right now, in case you haven't been watching. he's clearly centering the devils' 3rd line.

You can't compare a 4th liner like Belanger, to Arnott who will be a #2 guy on most teams.

The lack of talent on this team has forced JL to spread the wealth, so I am not so concerned about his "third" line status. He is still 3rd in Goals and 4th in points on this team.

You can't compare a 4th liner like Belanger, to Arnott who will be a #2 guy on most teams.

The lack of talent on this team has forced JL to spread the wealth, so I am not so concerned about his "third" line status. He is still 3rd in Goals and 4th in points on this team.

Hey, Rip Van Winkle, have you been asleep all this month? Our team of talentless hacks looks like they're gelling.

why do you insist on calling players who clearly don't play on a fourth line fourth liners? eric belanger averages 16:27 a game for his career, he has 126 goals and 320 points. that's not a fourth line player. that's a 3rd line player.

arnott is a 3rd line player at this point in his career, probably. i certainly don't want him getting 18 minutes a game if i'm a general manager.

I think Lou should definately trade him either before or at deadline. This team has to go 30-7 in the remaining games to make the playoffs. We dug ourselves too deep a hole.

Arnott could possibly bring a 2nd, or a really decent young prospect. Someone will want/need a big center like Arnott for a playoff run.(especially if injury happens to said team)

Since when did people start believing (N)Єverson? He bats almost as poorly as Ecklund, but now we're worried that the obvious trade of Arnott will never happen? Unless some team were to blow the Devils away with an offer for Arnott, the Devils will hold onto him until the deadline when his value should be at it's highest.

josefson or henrique would play there. henrique is tearing it up, relatively, for a first-year pro in the AHL. if they don't work out, slide zubrus in there. arnott really hasn't played that great since his hot start, and i don't like his (at times) lackadaisical play.

Hasn't Henrique played wing mostly in the minors?

At this point, they are all playing really well. Arnott is having a good month. He had 19 goals and 27 assists in NASH last season. This season he has 12 goals 10 assists. They are all having fun playing the sport they all love.....not to mention winning. Why change anything at this point? We are on a good roll. I would just leave it be for the rest of the season unless its a ground shattering offer or chance.

Worry about that in the off season if possible. I wouldnt say sign him again during that time as well.

I don't think Lou will move or trade Arnott until the last day on 2/28 the TDL day. The team is winning and on a roll right now so I don't think Lou will do anything right now. Arnott is an UFA after this season so if they do not resign him they have Josefson and Henrique like tri said that could very well make or be on this team next season. Top three centermans would be Zajac, Henrique and Josefson. A young core but a promising one now and the future years to come. henrique is a beast on the faceoffs too. I really like that kid.

I'd keep him unless you get a really good offer.

Mike

funny, i heard that josefson was playing wing until his hand was 100% healed. henrique really doesn't have much of a future as an LW in this organization.

Hm that's very true. I might go to an Albany game just to scout it out.

And on the subject of Arnott, I say we keep him until we get a team that really needs a center, and only when we get a good offer, which may come on deadline day. He's not a locker room cancer like Langenbrunner, and has produced relatively well so we may as well keep him until he's reached maximum demand.

Hm that's very true. I might go to an Albany game just to scout it out.

And on the subject of Arnott, I say we keep him until we get a team that really needs a center, and only when we get a good offer, which may come on deadline day. He's not a locker room cancer like Langenbrunner, and has produced relatively well so we may as well keep him until he's reached maximum demand.

I would prefer to keep him and bring him back next season, but if we are gonna trade him, doing what is stated above is the right way to play it....