Rooting Interests Thread

PaDevsFan

Been away from the computer all weekend and was dying to get a good update on what our situation currently is. Only took three pages to find something related to the topic.

Anhkheg, great stuff, as always.

Listen Stevie!!! Stop coming in this thread and taking it off topic you :troll1:

We are having a serious discussion about board etiquette and why Penelope shouldn’t call Martha by her real name in cyber space!!

:whistling:

On a serious note, we have to win all of our 4 point games against the Sabers Leafs and Rags in regulation and hope that some other teams do us a favour. I would be happy if by the last three games we are still in with a shout.

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9

Team ---- GR -- MAX(PT) --- Diff

Rangers - 09 -- 100(82) --- (4 Losses)

Sabres -- 10 --- 99(79) --- (3.5 Losses)

Canes --- 10 --- 96(76) --- (2 Losses)

Leafs --- 09 --- 92(74) --- (even)

Devils -- 10 --- 92(72)

Thrash -- 10 --- 92(72) --- (even)

Tuesday: Go Devs (vs Bruins), Sens (vs Canes), Panthers (vs Rangers), Canadiens (vs Sabres), Wild (vs Leafs).

Great updates Anhkheg. This definitley makes things easier to look at.

Team ---- GR -- MAX(PT) --- Diff

Rangers - 09 -- 100(82) --- (4 Losses)

Sabres -- 10 --- 99(79) --- (3.5 Losses)

Canes --- 10 --- 96(76) --- (2 Losses)

Leafs --- 09 --- 92(74) --- (even)

Devils -- 10 --- 92(72)

Thrash -- 10 --- 92(72) --- (even)

Tuesday: Go Devs (vs Bruins), Sens (vs Canes), Panthers (vs Rangers), Canadiens (vs Sabres), Wild (vs Leafs).

So this is like having a 10 game season, but the sabres are granted a 7 point head start.

FWIW, I think calling someone by their real first name on njdevs is really rude and if someone did it to me, I'd punch them out. :P

I think the toughest part of playing catch-up will be that the teams we have to catch have so many games against each other. Like Rangers vs Sabres on March 30th. One of them is going to get points, possibly both. Buffalo's remaining games are all against the East except one.

Edited by Don

We won't be in the playoffs, but it's pretty amazing that after the John "The Situation" MacLean, we will miss the playoffs by probably 3 wins. Really if at any time during his tenure, he had shown even a flash of know-how, the Devils might actually be racing for the 8th seed in a legit way. Hats off to Lemaire and the players.

mmm not to be rude, but whats the big deal of calling someone by his real name on a forum? lol unless you're trolling and trying to hide behind a fake name, i dont see whats the problem there

I agree. It's only a first name. It's not like social security numbers are being posted.

Because it's seriously creepy and implies internet stalking? Seriously, you can't think of why this might be something that makes people feel uncomfortable?

I swear the collective IQ on this forum decreases every season.

Those of you who dont understand the social dynamic at play here -- the use of first names, in this particular instance, is a threat. If you do not see that - well -- then you'd better get a little more wise to the ways of the world.

Ken won't chase anyone down but he's flexing his internet muscle at us -- he has a fine memory and can hunt us down if Big Man chooses. He feels inferior and thus has to get flashy and bring the real world into it --as if he's something different out there, someone in-the-know.

I think Tri is perfectly reasonable here as is everyone else who thinks Ken's acting like a dycknotch.

I'm using the name Ken because I'm assuming that's what Ken likes. I could go with SuperJay if you prefer though.

(see how I did that there? I mocked Ken by using internet names - Ain't I smart? :rolleyes: )

Edited by Pepperkorn

Because it's seriously creepy and implies internet stalking? Seriously, you can't think of why this might be something that makes people feel uncomfortable?

I swear the collective IQ on this forum decreases every season.

well it depends on the situation there, i would assume some of you guys knows each others after all these years so there i don't see any problems with using real names, i wouldnt call my buddy SuperMustach69 on the phone lol

sometimes i agree it could be creepy but it doesnt necessarily = internet stalking if you happen to know someones name

well it depends on the situation there, i would assume some of you guys knows each others after all these years so there i don't see any problems with using real names, i wouldnt call my buddy SuperMustach69 on the phone lol

sometimes i agree it could be creepy but it doesnt necessarily = internet stalking if you happen to know someones name

I mentioned in the other thread about using real names vs handles that it can be very confusing to other posters. Not everyone reads every thread, and i'm sure there are more then a few people with the same names that post here, hence the handles. Comes across cliquish imo.

Thats not even getting into using someones name just to show off that they know the persons name as an insult or an e-peen contest

Also, it's the way it's been done here. I've seen a few post that well thats the way HF does it, well this isn't hf. I don't like the way everything is done here and I've let it be known in those instances but all in all I like the place. If I didn't, I'd leave (like I have in the past and probably will in the future)

Then again, what do I know I used my real name so I wouldn't have to deal with crap like this.

Bob

(and yes I used this same bad joke in the other thread)

If someone doesn't want their name being plastered all over an internet forum it is their prerogative to have it removed. I have had this request many times in the past. Aside from a pain staking removal by hand there is nothing I can do to remove it. If any poster has requested their real name not be used then I would advise posters to adhere to that request.

Public figures can not expect that privacy, but when a pseudo-handle is being used there is a reasonable expectation of privacy.

I don't expect any help from the Sens and Panthers. Now if the Sens pretend they're playing us, it might end up better for us.

Well....they're all equally important almost (maybe MIN over TOR a bit less) so just crossing fingers to go 5 for 5.

I said earlier, don't give up on the kitties so easily...I have faith in them