Rooting Interests Thread

PaDevsFan

Almost forgot today's installment. In keeping up with the fact that we know we will need a bit of assistance, tonight there are 3 games of importance to the Devils.

Atlanta at Toronto and Rags at Detroit and Ottawa at Vancouver.

The Atlanta Toronto one is tough, but knowing we want to see more of a bunch up of the teams in front of the Devils we need Toronto to win this one. SO root for the Leafs.

Next is a given we want Detroit to stomp the Rags...

Last we want to keep Ottawa down and root for Vancouver to take care of business at home tonight.

If these happen then tomorrows game with the Canes becomes even more exciting... just more pieces to the jigsaw puzzle that is the Devils playoff hopes...

Night isnt over but Toronto beat Atlanta... and the Rags lost to the Red Wings. I have to think Vancouver will beat Ottawa at home...

Could be another 3 for 3 night I feel it guys the Hockey gods are once again smiling on the Devils...

BIG BIG game tomorrow could be a HUGE momentum builder...

Edited by PaDevsFan

Night isnt over but Toronto beat Atlanta... and the Rags lost to the Red Wings. I have to think Vancouver will beat Ottawa at home...

Could be another 3 for 3 night I feel it guys the Hockey gods are once again smiling on the Devils...

BIG BIG game tomorrow could be a HUGE momentum builder...

Well ended up 3 for 3 in games we needed others to lose in... Boy karma is very good right now and the Devils need to keep up their end and down the Canes tonight.

Other games that are important to the Devils "special second half" to the season are...

Toronto at the Isles... Need the Isles to win...

Buffalo at Tampa... Big Game we need Tampa to win!!

St Louis at Florida... another important one, Go BLUES!!!

preferably all 3 in regulation too LOL

that's ridiculous. you can't know if you are going to lose in the first round, and i can cite 100 examples, one of which is from this franchise.

I never said I knew. I'm saying that it is an undesirable outcome, one I find pretty likely since that's what this core has given us in recent years.

pos team games pts proj chg

7 rang 56 62 90.79 -1.65

8 car 53 58 89.74 0.00

9 atl 56 58 84.93 -1.54

10 buf 51 53 85.22 0.00

11 flor 52 52 82.00 0.00

xx njd 53 42 64.98 0.00

Assuming Buffalo holds on to their 4 goal lead:

7 rang 56 62 90.79 0.00

8 car 54 59 89.59 -0.14

9 atl 56 58 84.93 0.00

10 buf 52 55 86.73 1.52

11 flor 53 52 80.45 -1.55

xx njd 54 44 66.81 1.83

Most important thing is the projection for 8th place is now 89.59 which is lower than yesterday. We need to hope that number keeps dropping.

With 28 games left to play the Devils need 89-90 to tie for 8th place. They need to go 23-5.

Assuming Buffalo holds on to their 4 goal lead:

7 rang 56 62 90.79 0.00

8 car 54 59 89.59 -0.14

9 atl 56 58 84.93 0.00

10 buf 52 55 86.73 1.52

11 flor 53 52 80.45 -1.55

xx njd 54 44 66.81 1.83

Most important thing is the projection for 8th place is now 89.59 which is lower than yesterday. We need to hope that number keeps dropping.

With 28 games left to play the Devils need 89-90 to tie for 8th place. They need to go 23-5.

We'll go 23-0-5 :D

Using the last 20 games as an indicator of rate:

--NYR: (9-9-2: 50%) 62 points, 26 GR. Pace = 88 points

--CAR: (11-6-3: 62.5%) 59 points, 28 GR. Pace = 94 points

-----

--ATL: (5-10-5: 37.5%) 58 points, 26 GR. Pace = 77.5 points

--BUF: (12-7-1: 62.5%) 55 points, 30 GR. Pace = 92.5 points

--FLA: (7-7-6: 50%) 52 points, 29 GR. Pace = 81 points

--TOR: (10-9-1: 52.5%) 51 points, 28 GR. Pace = 80.4 points

--NJD: (11-7-2: 60%) 44 points, 28 GR. Pace = 77.6 points

So looks like based on recent play, 93 points may be the threshold.. which isn't good for the Devils.

With 28 GR, to hit 93 points we'd need 49 points... something like 23-2-3.

If you give us our 10-1-2 pace.. its not even good enough, we'd be sitting around 91.

So we need CAR/BUF to fall off their recent pace.. and everyone else to stay with it.

EDIT: and just for some less accurate predictions (10 game pace):

--NYR: (3-6-1: 35%) 62 points, 26 GR. Pace = 80.2 points

--CAR: (4-5-1: 45%) 59 points, 28 GR. Pace = 84.2 points

-----

--ATL: (2-5-3: 35%) 58 points, 26 GR. Pace = 76.2 points

--BUF: (7-3-0: 70%) 55 points, 30 GR. Pace = 97 points

--FLA: (2-4-4: 40%) 52 points, 29 GR. Pace = 75.2 points

--TOR: (5-5-0: 50%) 51 points, 28 GR. Pace = 79 points

--NJD: (8-1-1: 85%) 44 points, 28 GR. Pace = 91.6 points

PLAYOFFS! :D

Ten game paces please!

Edited by MartysGlove

8 - Carolina - 53 GP - 58 Points

9 - Atlanta - 55 GP - 58 Points

10 - Buffalo - 51 GP - 53 Points

11 - Florida - 52 GP - 52 Points

12 - Toronto - 52 GP - 47 Points

13 - New Jersey - 53 GP - 42 Points

Update:

8 - Carolina - 54 GP - 59 Points

9 - Atlanta - 56 GP - 58 Points

10 - Buffalo - 52 GP - 55 Points

11 - Florida - 53 GP - 52 Points

12 - Toronto - 54 GP - 51 Points

13 - New Jersey - 54 GP - 44 Points

Stupid Toronto widens the gap. Same distance from Buffalo as before. Made up ground on everyone else.

Using the last 20 games as an indicator of rate:

--NYR: (9-9-2: 50%) 62 points, 26 GR. Pace = 88 points

--CAR: (11-6-3: 62.5%) 59 points, 28 GR. Pace = 94 points

-----

--ATL: (5-10-5: 37.5%) 58 points, 26 GR. Pace = 77.5 points

--BUF: (12-7-1: 62.5%) 55 points, 30 GR. Pace = 92.5 points

--FLA: (7-7-6: 50%) 52 points, 29 GR. Pace = 81 points

--TOR: (10-9-1: 52.5%) 51 points, 28 GR. Pace = 80.4 points

--NJD: (11-7-2: 60%) 44 points, 28 GR. Pace = 77.6 points

So looks like based on recent play, 93 points may be the threshold.. which isn't good for the Devils.

With 28 GR, to hit 93 points we'd need 49 points... something like 23-2-3.

If you give us our 10-1-2 pace.. its not even good enough, we'd be sitting around 91.

So we need CAR/BUF to fall off their recent pace.. and everyone else to stay with it.

EDIT: and just for some less accurate predictions (10 game pace):

--NYR: (3-6-1: 35%) 62 points, 26 GR. Pace = 80.2 points

--CAR: (4-5-1: 45%) 59 points, 28 GR. Pace = 84.2 points

-----

--ATL: (2-5-3: 35%) 58 points, 26 GR. Pace = 76.2 points

--BUF: (7-3-0: 70%) 55 points, 30 GR. Pace = 97 points

--FLA: (2-4-4: 40%) 52 points, 29 GR. Pace = 75.2 points

--TOR: (5-5-0: 50%) 51 points, 28 GR. Pace = 79 points

--NJD: (8-1-1: 85%) 44 points, 28 GR. Pace = 91.6 points

PLAYOFFS! :D

Ten game paces please!

Lets assume Buffalo gets in maybe the Rags fall out... who knows there, but we can certainly help Carolina "fall off their pace" by beating them 2 more times when we play!!

Well ended up 3 for 3 in games we needed others to lose in... Boy karma is very good right now and the Devils need to keep up their end and down the Canes tonight.

Other games that are important to the Devils "special second half" to the season are...

Toronto at the Isles... Need the Isles to win...

Buffalo at Tampa... Big Game we need Tampa to win!!

St Louis at Florida... another important one, Go BLUES!!!

preferably all 3 in regulation too LOL

Well guys this thread is picking up steam like the Devils!! Lets keep it rolling. Keep the positive vibes going and maybe this miracle run will continue...

Last night wasnt as good as hoped especially watching Tampa (horrible defensively) lose a 3 - 1 lead in the third only to watch Buffalo score 6 in the 3rd and beat them. Toronto beating the Isles while wasnt what we hoped for isnt horrendus as I still feel the Devils will be able to overtake the LEafs. St Louis did come up with a huge win over Florida in regulation though. We just need to keep "bunching" up these teams so we can somehow get within striking distance.

Of course Carolina getting a point didnt help, but the Devils showing some heart overcame a 3rd period lead to win this game in OT. Huge 2nd point for the home team!!!

I can feel the wave growing guys I am really having fun watching this team right now...

Not much tonight, but...

Pull for Boston over MOntreal...

and Calgary to beat Ottawa!!

Lets go Devils!!

Edited by PaDevsFan

Interesting comment from a reader on TG's blog:

Just noticed something that could be a deciding factor later on, we have 2 shootout wins, Carolina has 4, Buffalo has 4 and the rangers have 5 and Atlanta has 3, we have 2. That wins tie breaker doesnt include shootout wins remember and if we could become tied in wins, we would have the edge against any of those teams because we would have more non-shootout wins (if that makes sense to anyone but me)

But another worrying point is Buffalo starting to get on a roll and having 2 games at hand on us….

Posted by devfan2662 on 02/09 at 10:22 AM

Interesting comment from a reader on TG's blog:

That is interesting...

To be honest I am looking at the Rags though seriously. They have played more games and I coiuld easily see Buffalo catching them, then we need to worry about Carolina and maybe Atlanta although I am thinking Atlanta may continue to struggle.

Still along way to go but at least this run is giving us something to follow and get excited about!

Well Boston beat Montreal tonight and Calgary beat Ottawa so far so good.

Tonight we have to beat Toronto; need Philly to beat Carolina; and Buffalo beat Florida atleast. This is what we need tonight!!

I BELIEVE!!! :gd:

Edited by ChilltownDevs2673

Well Boston beat Montreal tonight and Calgary beat Ottawa so far so good.

Tonight we have to beat Toronto; need Philly to beat Carolina; and Buffalo beat Florida atleast. This is what we need tonight!!

I BELIEVE!!! :gd:

Definitely want florida to beat buffalo...

• Like 1

Well guys this thread is picking up steam like the Devils!! Lets keep it rolling. Keep the positive vibes going and maybe this miracle run will continue...

Last night wasnt as good as hoped especially watching Tampa (horrible defensively) lose a 3 - 1 lead in the third only to watch Buffalo score 6 in the 3rd and beat them. Toronto beating the Isles while wasnt what we hoped for isnt horrendus as I still feel the Devils will be able to overtake the LEafs. St Louis did come up with a huge win over Florida in regulation though. We just need to keep "bunching" up these teams so we can somehow get within striking distance.

Of course Carolina getting a point didnt help, but the Devils showing some heart overcame a 3rd period lead to win this game in OT. Huge 2nd point for the home team!!!

I can feel the wave growing guys I am really having fun watching this team right now...

Not much tonight, but...

Pull for Boston over MOntreal...

and Calgary to beat Ottawa!!

Lets go Devils!!

Well another good night 2 for 2. The Devils have been getting most of the help needed, so they just need to keep up their end and keep playing well and continue this run!!

Tonight there are several games that can help the Devils...

Of Course first and foremost we need to keep "The Run" going with a big win over the Leafs...

Next this goes against the very core of my being but I must root for the Flyers to defeat the Canes...

Next would love to see the Isles upset Montreal (to further the bunching syndrome at the bottom of the top 8) this one will be tough...

Last this one is really tough do we want Florida or Buffalo??? My gut feeling is Buffalo will get in so we want them to beat Florida so we can gain on them. It wouldnt be horrible if Florida wins though as if you subscribe to the bunching theory this helps that as well. Bottom line is one of 2 teams in front of us is not going to get 2 points. Remember Florida is 8 points ahead with a game in hand so we need to catch them , and Buffalo is I beleive 11 points ahead with 2 games in hand. We just want a regulation victory by the winning team! My pick is root for Buffalo...

GO DEVILS Keep the dream alive!!