Rooting Interests Thread

PaDevsFan

Goddammit Tampa you suck. You are totally dead to me. Headed to OT. Florida gets at least a point. Ottawa/Toronto snorefest is still 0-0 coming to the end of the third. Looks like Toronto will probably pick up at least 1 too.

Tough breaks for us but nothing we can do about it. Keep winning and we will catch these teams.

Edit: Yep, Toronto gets a point.

Edited by iamtheprodigy

May not have time to post tomorrow before games start, but it is clear we want Washington to beat Buffalo, and Philly to smack around the Rags, and keep them spiraling... Of lesser importance Calgary to beat Montreal...

:gd::gd::gd::gd:

Well at least Ottawa kept Toronto from getting the 2nd point, but Tampa YOU SUCK I think they are throwing games too they dont want to see the Devils in the playoffs after how we handled them the last few times we played them LOL

Ugh Tampa Bay really sucks. They lose in a shootout and the Panthers pick up the two points. They remain three points ahead of us with a game in hand. Ottawa pulls out a victory in the shootout over the Leafs. So:

Devils get 2 points

Florida gets 2 points

Toronto gets 1 point

Atlanta gets 0 points

Carolina gets 0 points

Not ideal, but definitely could have been worse. Important thing is that we picked up the 2 points in regulation with a solid win. Our next game is against Dallas where we're going to smack around Langenbrunner and the drooping Stars.

Edited by iamtheprodigy

florida and toronto are not important imo. toronto are clearly deadline sellers. florida is almost certainly going to sell, and they have a ton of pieces they can fob off. so while it sucks that these teams are staying ahead of us, ultimately it's going to come down to atlanta/carolina/buffalo/NYR.

Edited by Triumph

florida and toronto are not important imo. toronto are clearly deadline sellers. florida is almost certainly going to sell, and they have a ton of pieces they can fob off. so while it sucks that these teams are staying ahead of us, ultimately it's going to come down to atlanta/carolina/buffalo/NYR.

Leafs aren't deadline sellers. If they would have won tonight, that would have meant they'd be 4 points out. Burke doesn't even have much to sell anyway. He has openly said the 3rd they got for Versteeg is in play for some acquisition at the deadline.

Leafs aren't deadline sellers. If they would have won tonight, that would have meant they'd be 4 points out. Burke doesn't even have much to sell anyway. He has openly said the 3rd they got for Versteeg is in play for some acquisition at the deadline.

Burke also had some idiotic quote about how it wasn't worth it to struggle to get the eighth seed and get bounced quickly in the first round. How this guy and Lou were so close for all those years baffle me, the only similarity I see between them besides their education background is their penchant for acquiring former players.

Not to mention he finally traded Kaberle after fifty years of rumors. That doesn't scream deadline buyer.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Burke also had some idiotic quote about how it wasn't worth it to struggle to get the eighth seed and get bounced quickly in the first round. How this guy and Lou were so close for all those years baffle me, the only similarity I see between them besides their education background is their penchant for acquiring former players.

Not to mention he finally traded Kaberle after fifty years of rumors. That doesn't scream deadline buyer.

Trading Kaberle was a must especially when you are getting a 1st, a 2008 1st, and a possible 2nd. The Leafs don't have their own 1st so it makes no difference from a draft standpoint if they make it or not and deciding if it is worth it. This is a great opportunity for them to make it and Burke to say he got the team to the playoffs in his second year with two 1st round picks upcoming. If you saw him watching his team in OT tonight, you could tell how badly he wanted to win.

Edited by devilsrule33

Week overview:

Standings going in:

7 Rangers- 60 GP, 66 points (L10: 3-6-1)

8 Carolina - 60 GP, 64 points (L10: 3-5-2)

-------------

9 Buffalo- 57 GP, 60 points (L10: 6-3-1)

10 Atlanta- 60 GP, 60 points (L10: 2-7-1)

11 Florida- 58 GP, 57 points (L10: 3-5-2)

12 Toronto- 59 GP, 57 points (L10: 6-2-2)

13 Devils- 59 GP, 54 points (L10: 9-0-1)

Ten points out of eighth place with one game in hand

Projections (pace rounded up):

7 Rangers- 91

8 Carolina- 88

---------------

9 Buffalo- 87

10 Atlanta- 82

11 Florida- 81

12 Toronto- 80

13 Devils- 76

So at the current pace, the Devils need 34 points (17-6) to force a tiebreaker (which they'd probably own)

Sunday's important games:

Washington @ Buffalo

Flyers @ Rangers

Best outcome:

Washington W

Flyers W

Worst outcome:

Buffalo W

Rangers W

Monday's important game

Florida @ Islanders

Win by the Islanders helps us pass the Panthers pretty soon

Tuesday's important games

Rangers @ Carolina

Devils @ Dallas

Islanders @ Toronto

Obviously pulling for the Islanders to beat the Leafs so we can pass them by the end of the week.. but the NYR/CAR game is tough. Regardless, we want no OT and I think at this point.. a loss by the Hurricanes is more beneficial to us.

I think we need to be 6-8 points by the end of the month to convince Lou not to move assets and make a legitimate run at things.

Trading Kaberle was a must especially when you are getting a 1st, a 2008 1st, and a possible 2nd. The Leafs don't have their own 1st so it makes no difference from a draft standpoint if they make it or not and deciding if it is worth it. This is a great opportunity for them to make it and Burke to say he got the team to the playoffs in his second year with two 1st round picks upcoming. If you say him watching his team in OT tonight, you could tell how badly he wanted to win.

they traded beauchemin, versteeg, and kaberle for lupul, so far. i agree that the leafs don't have much left to sell, but they've already been sellers.

Has anyone else looked at the Devils next 11 games? This streak could get quite interesting! Outside of playing Tampa twice and Pitt once, they are loaded up with games vs Isles, Sens, Thrahers all which really should be won at this point. Games are spread out well too for the most part. We dominated tampa the last 2 and Pitt is playing like crap. Florida and Dallas are the other 2 games, again all games that should be won!

Mark this post, the next 11 will truly decide this teams fate and I say they win at least 10 of these games! I believe!!