Rooting Interests Thread

PaDevsFan

Well all we can do at this point is hope for a miracle. I for one totally enjoyed this second half. It really kept me interested, and I honestly felt pretty good about 2 weeks ago about our chances of pulling off the "miracle".

I guess playing at a "playoff level" for 25 or so games may have taken a bit out of them as they may be a bit gassed. But that being said thanks to the Devils for making hockey fun this last 25 - 30 games!!

We arent officially eliminated yet, so I will not say we are completely done yet! Hey miracles do happen (and this now would really be a miracle). But hey lets just root for the team to finish strong and get back above .500!!

Let me say that I am a realist, and I realize it will take nothing short of a miracle for the Devils to still make the playoffs. But that being said I am also a positive thinker, and the Devils ARE NOT officially eliminated. Strange things would have to happen, but come on strange things are always happening in sports. I look at the NCAA tourny, and of something like over 5 million entries in the ESPN Bracket pools only 2 pools in 5 million had this final 4 grouping. Nobody really thought even for a minute you would see VCU playing Butler to go to the National Championship game. So miracles do happen.

That being said Washington plays at home against Carolina

Toronto plays at home against Buffalo

Montreal plays at home agaisnt Atlanta.

If the 3 home teams win the Devils are still alive ...

I for one cant give up til they CANNOT catch the 8th seed...

Edited by PaDevsFan

Damn, the Leafs beat the Sabres tonight. I was really hoping the Devils could've caught Toronto. We still have two games in hand, so I guess we still could.

Catching Toronto is great, but the Sabres still need to get a few points to eliminate us... We live for another day. And Montreal also beat Atlanta..

Like I said I know what the Devils face, but hey it is still fun to keep positive and see what happens...

P.S. I know it really pains me but the Rangers MUST beat Buffalo tonight!

and Montreal beat Carolina!

It will give us a few more days to believe!!

Edited by PaDevsFan

Another reason to try and stay positive... I know we need to win out and that is the big one, but...

Buffalo still needs 3 points to officially eliminate us, and looking at their schedule, if the Rags can get a win tonight in regulation over them, it certainly doesnt get easier for Buffalo.

They then have to play: Washington in Washington

Carolina in Carolina

Tampa at home

Philly at home

Columbus in Columbus

even if they beat Columbus? there are no other "guaranteed" wins in there

Now we really need to root for the Rangers tonight...

I am not giving up yet...

The only chance we can make it is:

1) Buffalo and Rangers lose all of their remaining 5 games in regulation.

2) Canes win one in 5 (the one against the Sabres in regulation)

3) Devils win all of their remaining games.

4) Toronto loses all of their remaining games in regulation.

Isles 4 Rags 1 3rd Lundqvist is yanked.

Bruins 3 Leafs 2 3rd

It's amazing that the Devils stay in the hunt all the way to April and I assumed they'll be mathematically out in February.

Isles score again, 5-1

Edited by Devil Fan

I’m rooting for the Rangers to fall to the 9th spot. I’d love to see the Devils kick them out of the playoffs. That would be a great final to the season.

I'm no fan of the Canes but god...the Devils would REALLY get a standing ovation on Fan Appreciation Day if they did that :lol:

1) Buffalo and Rangers lose all of their remaining 5 games in regulation.

2) Canes win one in 5 (the one against the Sabres in regulation)

3) Devils win all of their remaining games.

4) Toronto loses all of their remaining games in regulation.

1) You only need either or, you don't have to beat out both.

4) Toronto has 82 points after their win tonight, we'd need to get to 87 to make the playoffs so Toronto can win twice (so long as one's not against us) in their final four games and we could finish ahead of them by running the table.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I'm no fan of the Canes but god...the Devils would REALLY get a standing ovation on Fan Appreciation Day if they did that :lol:

1) You only need either or, you don't have to beat out both.

4) Toronto has 82 points after their win tonight, we'd need to get to 87 to make the playoffs so Toronto can win twice (so long as one's not against us) in their final four games and we could finish ahead of them by running the table.

I hate the Leafs and that is why I want them to lose all of their remaining games in regulation.

Rangers are our new target! We need to win out and they need to lose their 4 games left which include philly, Boston, devs and thrashers! It's actually possible for them to lose out, but can we win out is the real question!

Except there's also the not-so-small matter of the Canes having to lose every game but one of their last five. And they've been hot lately too.