Rooting Interests Thread

PaDevsFan

i thought that 'canes game would go into OT so them winning in regulation isn't the end of the world.

ever since this streak started NJ has been running pretty hot scoreboard-wise - these other teams are going to win some games. it's essential that the teams we're chasing, when they play each other, don't have 3 point games.

Well not a great day by any stretch, but NEED TO STAY POSITIVE. The Devils just need to stay hot and beat Carolina next game and we will keep rolling!! We could have used the help today but Atlanta/Carolina either way wasnt great ut at least it was in regulation. The Florida game hurt more, as I thought San Jose would take care of business there.

What Tri said is absolutely correct. Even though we are winning, if you look back when I started this thread we were getting almost all of the help we desired every night.

We do need to be realistic and know that Carolina and Florida are not going to lose every game (although it would be nice and easier for us ) we just need to keep playing strong and let the chips fall where they fall!!

We certainly still have a chance nobody in front of us is on any kind of tear so just stay positive!

Edited by PaDevsFan

I don't think today was TOO bad. Yes, Carolina winning stinks. But the Devils play them twice this week, so that works in our favor. And even though Florida won, they are still nine points back, so they're not a team to worry about anytime soon. Plus Buffalo only got one out of a possible two points, keeping them four back, which is still a good thing.

i thought that 'canes game would go into OT so them winning in regulation isn't the end of the world.

ever since this streak started NJ has been running pretty hot scoreboard-wise - these other teams are going to win some games. it's essential that the teams we're chasing, when they play each other, don't have 3 point games.

Exactly. We won't always get the wins going the way we'd like, but it's those three point games between the teams above us that will kill us in the long run, assuming we keep winning at an insane clip, of course.

florida doesn't concern me. unless they go on a tear, they'll be sellers at the deadline and they have a lot of guys who will be dealt.

Florida is not a team that concerns me either, but they are only 7 points behind Carolina with 2 games in hand which may make their GM think they have a better chance at making a run and not become sellers...

I think the Devils are better than Florida and will certainly finish ahead of them when it is all said and done, but they are in a much better position than the Devils are at the moment.

Bottom line is come off of this mini breeak and continue to take care of your own business, keep winning and let the chips fall where they fall. If we can beat Carolina 2 times in the next week or so that will go along way in seeing where this team may end up!

Yeah I'm trying not to pay attention to the scoreboard much during this four-day interim, especially since it's inevitable we have to lose ground when we're not playing and the other teams play each other. The Rangers winning was probably the worst result of today but even they can't lose them all and Pittsburgh's been a disaster since Malkin went out for good.

No games that matter tonight..

Here's up till Friday-

Tuesday:

Toronto @ Boston: Boston winning here helps us out somewhat, but not a huge game

Buffalo @ Montreal: Definitely pulling for the Habs

Wednesday:

Toronto @ Buffalo: Long term better if Toronto wins, but no 3 point game for sure

Carolina @ New Jersey: Hmm...

Philadelphia @ Florida: Shouldn't matter long term but Flyers can help us move up faster with a win

Thursday:

Atlanta @ Phoenix: Coyotes

LA @ Rangers: Kings all the way

Friday:

St. Louis @ Buffalo: Blues

Philadelphia @ Carolina: Flyers

Detroit @ Florida: Wings

Rangers @ New Jersey: Hmm.. x2

Saturday:

Atlanta @ Edmonton: Not so confident in this one but who knows..

New Jersey @ Carolina: We have to win here eventually...

Florida @ Tampa Bay: Lightning owe us a few wins now

Ottawa @ Toronto: Long term shouldn't matter

So Sabres will hopefully go 1-2, Carolina 0-3, Atlanta 1-2 and Rangers 0-3/1-2..

Of course we need to keep our streak going with 3 strong W's.

Huge huge week.. if there's any shot we make it in, this week probably will decide it since all teams are in action and many important games.

NO OVERTIMES!!

Here's up till Friday-

Tuesday:

Toronto @ Boston: Boston winning here helps us out somewhat, but not a huge game

Wednesday:

Toronto @ Buffalo: Long term better if Toronto wins, but no 3 point game for sure

Philadelphia @ Florida: Shouldn't matter long term but Flyers can help us move up faster with a win

Thursday:

Friday:

Saturday:

So Sabres will hopefully go 1-2, Carolina 0-3, Atlanta 1-2 and Rangers 0-3/1-2..

Huge huge week.. if there's any shot we make it in, this week probably will decide it since all teams are in action and many important games.

NO OVERTIMES!!

Nice to see people taking over for me... NOw I dont feel obligated to put up the daily games.

thanks...

We need both wins vs Carolina, no question about it. We can allow 1 3-point game, but it just makes every game after that much more pivotal. [my logic is that we have the 1 game in hand on them, i will assume its a win, we'll have more wins when we catch them]

We have some HUGE games other than just ours though as well. The next 2 nights Toronto has tough games and we can really hope that they lose both, then we can pass them and continue the climb as we beat down the Canes!!

Also Friday , as much as it pains me again we need to root for Philly to take care of Carolina for us!!

Here's up till Friday-

Tuesday:

Wednesday:

Thursday:

Friday:

Saturday:

NO OVERTIMES!!

The other games don't matter. If the Devils go 22-4-0, they're in!

The results of this week really determine if Lou is buying / selling at the Deadline.P.S. Moose said today, "94 and we're in!" :moose:

Well with our cap I don't think that we are going to buy anything even if we get good results this week.Maybe not sell but buying seems a little bit unrealistic.

Thx for nothing Boston. 3pt game with the Sens and Thuglanders; both teams are as usless as a screen door on a submarine!! 3pt game Sabres and MC; way to sh!t the bed canadiens!!

Update: great now the Icelanders jumped us; I swear no one cares about you guys you represent the burbs on LI not even a city and play in the oldest and smallest arena in the league and you can barely fill a third of it!!! You are irrelvant just leave already!!!

Edited by ChilltownDevs2673