Maple Leafs Darryl Boyce rips part of his nose off

Satans Hockey

what are the odds of hitting one of the little photographer holes with your nose?

I'm actually a little bit surprised that the holes don't interfere with play more often. I mean, they're really just holes cut right into the glass, anything could hypothetically go through them - sticks, pucks, possibly even gloves? They might be a little bit smaller than gloves. But still, you'd think the puck could hit them or even go through them in a perfect shot once in a blue moon, but I don't think I've ever seen anything like that happen.

I do recall one incident where a puck hit a camera which was protruding slightly from the hole and shattered the camera, though I can't remember when that was. Couple of seasons ago, I believe.

I'm actually a little bit surprised that the holes don't interfere with play more often. I mean, they're really just holes cut right into the glass, anything could hypothetically go through them - sticks, pucks, possibly even gloves? They might be a little bit smaller than gloves. But still, you'd think the puck could hit them or even go through them in a perfect shot once in a blue moon, but I don't think I've ever seen anything like that happen.

I do recall one incident where a puck hit a camera which was protruding slightly from the hole and shattered the camera, though I can't remember when that was. Couple of seasons ago, I believe.

There was a player within the last year or two that got his glove stuck in the photo hole also. I cant find who it was or a video but I remember it happening.

In this particular incident, it just seems ridiculous that the camera hole is so high on the glass. Its basically at head level.....which is a horrible horrible idea. It was just a matter of time before something like this happened.

There was a player within the last year or two that got his glove stuck in the photo hole also. I cant find who it was or a video but I remember it happening.

In this particular incident, it just seems ridiculous that the camera hole is so high on the glass. Its basically at head level.....which is a horrible horrible idea. It was just a matter of time before something like this happened.

I remember years ago seeing a Rangers game where the puck went around the boards and right out of one of those holes at MSG hitting the photographer pretty good.