Forsberg to give NHL another Shot. Signs with Avs

Quinn01

"Peter Forsberg has decided to give the NHL another try.

Following Sunday's practice, Forsberg signed a contract with the Colorado Avalanche for the remainder of the 2010-11 season. Terms of the deal were not revealed.

"We're proud to announce that Peter will be back in an Avalanche sweater," said Avalanche General Manager/Executive Vice President Greg Sherman. "Peter believes he can compete at the NHL level based on how his workouts went. He will provide additional leadership to our club and he will have an impact with this young team."

Forsberg, 37, has been practicing with the Avalanche since Jan. 22, testing his oft-injured right foot and ankle to see if it could withstand the rigors of another NHL season. He decided on Sunday to give it another chance."

-nhl.com

So its offical. Foppa is back in the league.

""After testing my abilities with NHL players over the last few weeks, I feel confident that I can play at the NHL level and help this team," said Forsberg. "I wanted to see where I was at physically and I am ready for this new challenge.""

-PF

When he played those games for his team in Sweden, he didn't play the full season IIRC. Did he injure himself then and was that the reason for not playing the full season or no? His stats were pretty good from the 20 something games he played for Modo in Sweden, so he might be able to be somewhat productive in the NHL again, of course relying greatly on his ability to stay uninjured.

I hope he gets at least a whole season injury free.

While I hated him during all those seasons the Avs and Devils went back and forth in the playoffs, I hate to see anybody not be able to play hockey.

Well maybe not Avery...

And a couple others come to mind...

Nevermind.