Back From The Game....thoughts And Ramblings

DevilzFan

Okay some stuff.....

-Going to have to complain about my seats for the weekend plan. Frickin bar that holds the nets up is in the way. Gonna annoy the hell out of them for that.

-Nets aren't bad.....would be fine if I didn't have a bar in the center of my view of the ice...

-Apparently my section for the Weekend plan is made up of idiots. I knew section 230 wasn't going to be good, what with Bauuman and all. But some people at the game...man.... :rolleyes:

-It was odd, but very nice, not to hear a peep out of Bauuman all night. Maybe he stopped drinking? :D

-Scott Stevens is slower than my grandmother.....maybe it's just the rest of the team is faster, but he really seemed slow out there. (As did Kenny, but that's a given)

-Columbus penalties galore......too bad the Devils PP is as good as it always was :rolleyes:

Devs played sloppy, and still pulled away with a victory. That isn't likely to happen often, but I'm sure they'll improve. It was only the 2nd game.

Okay, I'm done rambling.....

Faster then game against Ottawa

FINALLY, the Devils didn't take an expansion team for granted

Friesen is so close to scoring a goal!

Danton's first goal of 20+

Elias first goal of 35+

Brodeur, spectacular in last few minutes as usual

Pando, misses the net, as usual

Brylin is great!

No Bauman = GOOD

Mites on ice is cool

Devils win...

Rag$ lose ...

Isles lose....

Leafs lose...

Kings winning....

Great hockey night!

Here's my thoughts....

Stevens - probably the WORST game I've ever seen him play. he was TERRIBLE, wow...

Gomez - Player of the game (well obviously he got #1 star) but he was FLYYYYYYYING thru center ice and really was putting his heart into this game and was rewarded, great game Gomez.

Marty - Sharp as always, 2 goals weren't his fault and made a fantastic 2 pad slide in the 3rd while the Jackets were on the PP.

Tivo - Best Big 3 of the night, he was ALL over the place and was battling pretty damn hard behind his own net, really liked his effort.

Little G - This kid was just ALL OVER the place tonight. Only let down was that he was on the PK unit for the Jackets first goal. After that he was determined to play well and he did just that. He even had this AWESOME check on some Jacket defensive late in the 3rd period, i was going nuts in my seat when I saw that. He almost got an empty netter too.

Overall, the Devs were what I like to say Pretty damn consistent throughout the entire game, I liked what they had to offer tonight (except for Stevens)

New first line: Elias-Gomez-Friesen. They were great for the 5 min they played together, hell they got the game winner. Gomez and Elias CLICKED immediately.

Will post pics of the game on another forum and post the link here before I go to bed tonight..

Mites on Ice was more entertaining than some parts of the Devils game! :lol:

Brylin started out a little shaky, but he ended up with a pretty solid game. Friesen, Gomez, Whitey, and Elias also had solid games.

I'm sorry, but Stevens SUCKED tonight.

The pp was sad.

Marty finished strong as well..was a little worried about him at first. Has anyone else noticed his problems with playing the puck? He seemed to have trouble with it again.

Danton had a great game. I love the guy.

Stevenson's fight was pretty entertaining.

Passing was crappy, though, they need to work on that. Where was Langy again? He's MIA...I think he should come off 1st and put Gionta there. Expect alot from Elias this year. Punk ass gets his first goal! Keep your mind on the biscuit and not kicking somebody's ass and you might stay here. Brylin was good as he almost always is, an underrated player.

No Baumann was golden.

I'm glad Stevenson got in a fight with Allison, and Jimbo didn't. I'd feel bad having Jimbo boy beat up a person named Allison, even when it's spelled different.

Friesen looked good. And Little G was great tonight!!! I really love that line!

Jimbo was hitting hard. :)

The Devils said we have to eat them.

Danton rocks!

I second RDs comment on Gionta, he seemed to be rushing everything. And he still gets knocked around a lot. Whenever I follow him on the ice he seems to be on all fours a lot.

The passing needs to be worked on. It is why I believe the power play is so aweful. The Devils players kept passing the pucks to teamates and the player had already vacated that spot or the pass was so damn hard it just bounced right to a defender.

RD:

Marty finished strong as well..was a little worried about him at first. Has anyone else noticed his problems with playing the puck? He seemed to have trouble with it again.

According to Doc and Chico, Marty said he didn't have the opportunities during preseason (practice or games) to handle the puck and he only had a couple of chances in the first game so it's just rust. Nothing to worry about.

Danton played a good game, but I was starting to get annoyed with him when he'd go out of his way to make unnecessary hits instead of following the puck. But I went nuts when he scored that goal. Good for him.

Gionta was all over the place tonight. He was playing well, but was definitely trying to do everything. When he missed that EN, my first thought (and comment to Sheeps) was, "Oh man, are the guys gonna give him sh!t for that one!" And sure enough, when the game ended, you could see guys talking to Gionta and both of them laughing. The one that stood out the most was when he was walking off the ice with McKenzie. Good Lord! :o Jimbo made Gionta look like he was a 4 year old! Ya don't notice it so much when he's skating but when they're standing there -- wow! (Now I REALLY want to see him stand next to Chara)

Elias played strong, and had a few great opportunities. I really liked that Elias-Gomez-Friesen line, but was that supposed to be out there? Or did they get caught in a change and say, "Screw it, keep Patty out there 'cause he's that damn good"?

Stevens was kinda slow.

Daneyko looked like he was stationary. And I don't think he should ever shoot the puck again. :D

Tverdovsky -- WOW what a slapshot. WOW. The first one he took, I didn't even see the puck until it bounced off a defender who blocked it. Ridiculously fast.

Brodeur had some great saves, but should have had that one from GP. But he really did make some spectacular saves, like in the 3rd when he slid from left to right onto his side and made a double-pad kicksave on a Colombus shot. A thing o' beauty.

Who hit the post in the 3rd period for the Devils? I looked away for 3 seconds and then saw the puck hit the post and heard that "PING!"

That's all I can think to post right now.

Niedermayer played like he had never seen the other Devils before last night. While he had some nice carries thru the neutral zone, his PP was terrible. He played the offensive blue line like he was asleep, letting the puck out of the offensive zone far too many times. The PP can't allow the other team to clear the puck at will.

The speed of this team is now apparent. Opposition will have problems dealing with it. I loved the extended periods of skating and passing. Good officiating. They called a lot, but the game seemed pretty smooth. I think the fans enjoyed the odd man play. CBJ scored both goals while the Devs were playing 4 men. Once 4-4 the other was a PP goal.

According to Doc and Chico, Marty said he didn't have the opportunities during preseason (practice or games) to handle the puck and he only had a couple of chances in the first game so it's just rust. Nothing to worry about.

Hmm...that clears things up then. Good to hear that it's just rust, and that it's already been brought up by Doc and Chico.

We were looking for it last night. but really the big time cat face is during major games -- when he's trying to see what's going on on the ice but I figure sweat must be trickling in his eyes -- wonder if it gets stuck under contacts? :huh: Normally it's just the blinky twitchy face!

wonder if I need to find something better to think about? :huh:

I took TWO naps and I'm feeling better now...but I think I'm ready to go to sleep just the same!