Rags shopping Gilroy

ZeroGravityFat

Lou tried to get him here like other teams after he completed bean pot. He chose to sign with Rag$. Probably more $$ MSG etc. No way Lou would trade for him imo.

i often wondered if Lou had any relationship wiht Sather?? It was Sather that had to have Holik/Gomez whatever the cost. We won't be seeing gilroy in a devs sweater.

I suppose if we could get him for not much and straighten out the cap situation, he would be a nice addition. Certainly better than Fayne, Corrente, Fraser or Salmella.

Looks like the Rangers though are doing a Knicks type of strategy in saving cap space to land a major free agent. Although Gilroy is an RFA and the Rangers can let him go without a cap hit, the strategy might be to load up on as many picks as possible (even if they're second or third rounders) to make a major run at RFAs such as Doughty, Stamkos, or Parise and be able to absorb losing the four first-rounders, which they would calculate would be bottom ten. Remember, Sather made the comment that the Rangers have enough cap space to theoretically add an Ovechkin or Crosby, at least from a cap perspective.

ADDENDUM: While I know other teams would feel a lot of pressure to match, the Lightning/Kings/Devils might decide to take the picks, even for players of that calliber, if the tender was something ridiculous like 10 years $80 million.

Edited by Daniel

I suppose if we could get him for not much and straighten out the cap situation, he would be a nice addition. Certainly better than Fayne, Corrente, Fraser or Salmella.

Looks like the Rangers though are doing a Knicks type of strategy in saving cap space to land a major free agent. Although Gilroy is an RFA and the Rangers can let him go without a cap hit, the strategy might be to load up on as many picks as possible (even if they're second or third rounders) to make a major run at RFAs such as Doughty, Stamkos, or Parise and be able to absorb losing the four first-rounders, which they would calculate would be bottom ten. Remember, Sather made the comment that the Rangers have enough cap space to theoretically add an Ovechkin or Crosby, at least from a cap perspective.

ADDENDUM: While I know other teams would feel a lot of pressure to match, the Lightning/Kings/Devils might decide to take the picks, even for players of that calliber, if the tender was something ridiculous like 10 years $80 million.

Fayne is way better from a cap standpoint. The Devils would not be able to afford Gilroy next year without some major headaches. Fayne's getting paid $542,000 next season, and to me he looks like he can play on a back pairing. He hasn't been sheltered at all and he's treading water. He's beginning to read the play better and he clearly has the physical skills to play in the NHL.

I don't think the Rangers are shopping Gilroy since it doesn't make all that much sense, unless he's going in a deal for a Chris Phillips type.

Edited by Triumph