GDT 2/8/11 Devils vs. Hurricanes

ZeroGravityFat

it's so nice being able to get amped on devils games again. i missed this feeling so much.

I didn't celebrate a Devils goal all season as hard as I celebrated Palmieri's. Then Teddy's topped it.

Such a great feeling!

From 27 points out to 14 points out. This team might not make it, but holy damn do I love 'em for making it interesting.

I didn't celebrate a Devils goal all season as hard as I celebrated Palmieri's. Then Teddy's topped it.

Such a great feeling!

From 27 points out to 14 points out. This team might not make it, but holy damn do I love 'em for making it interesting.

even if they don't end up making it, this is a run i'm not going to forget for a long time. it's been a tough season -- sometimes it's been damn hard to be a devils fan but games like these are why i never give up. what a team, man. i screamed so loud when teds potted the OT winner. god, i missed this feeling. :koolaid:

Games like that make me say screw the playoffs. I mean, yeah, keep gunning for them. But if we don't make it, we'll be fine. Let's keep teaching Teddy and Palmieri how to be winners and get big goals like they did tonight. That's just as important for this franchise as making an improbable playoff run. I thought Palmieri had a bit of a tough game most of the way, but if he keeps driving the net and picking up the dirty goals, that makes it a lot better. And Teddy played smart all night. And you can't teach finishing skills like that. He's got 'em.

Such a great feeling!

HELL YEAH! Cam Ward played big, but not big enough

Can't complain about the outcome...but damn I wanted this one in regulation

Yeah, and we were THAT close man. fvcking Cam Ward. But hey- they have cut the deficit in half in what- a little over a month? Still a loooong way to go... but lemme tell ya- it looks like we're gonna have some meaningful Devils hockey down the stretch at the very least. I'll take that after the disaster that was the first 3 months and a 27 point deficit a month and change ago.

Ah, I stand corrected ... 15 points out. Forgot to consider Carolina's loser point.

Still, hot damn is this fun!

Great game for the kids. Kovy looked great. Rolston even looked downright average-to-above-average, which is a huge improvement for him. Parise's injury may have been a blessing in disguise for Zajac, because this guy is looking more and more like the goods with each passing game.

Great game!

LET'S GO DEVILS!!!!!

Thoughts:

1) I didn't think Kovy would be this good even when we signed him. He's doing the dirty work, he's playing smart, and the d focuses on him so much it opens things up for everybody. Doesn't hurt that Zajac looks like a stud out there.

2) Anybody who wants to get rid of White needs to watch this game. I've questioned him in the pass, but he's the heart and soul of this d, and he made some HUGE plays out there tonight. Crucial since Volchenkov was off.

3) I'm loving the 4th line. They have a great cycle/forecheck going. Boys are tiring out the d, more than you can expect from grinders. They deserved a goal tonight.

4) I know a lot of people are rightfully saying we should think about the long term and trade Arnott, but there might be long term benefits from keeping him -- playing with him has to be helping Teddy and Zharky develop. That pass on the first goal's great for Teddy, and he's a tough, smart vet. I won't be crushed if Lou trades him, but we'd better get some goods back.

5) My throat hurts from screaming and I'm not gonna be able to sleep because I'm pumped. RD said it best. I fvcking missed this feeling.

Yeah, and we were THAT close man. fvcking Cam Ward. But hey- they have cut the deficit in half in what- a little over a month? Still a loooong way to go... but lemme tell ya- it looks like we're gonna have some meaningful Devils hockey down the stretch at the very least. I'll take that after the disaster that was the first 3 months and a 27 point deficit a month and change ago.

Lou is unpredictable as a GM, he makes coaching changes at odd times, makes trades (sometimes big ones) out of nowhere, where there are no rumors or rumblings...but when this team was floundering in late November and everybody was calling for MacLeans head, Lou had to make the move to Lemaire THEN. I mean the team was quitting on a nightly basis, none of the lines had any chemistry, and they were poorly conditioned (lemaire alluded to this when he took over again)

why the hell did Lou let it get 9-22-2 bad?

This team could be AT LEAST 6-8 points better right now, which would make a huge difference

I have to say I agree with the others who said they missed this feeling. I screamed at home so loud after Teddy scored that OT goal. I sure missed it.

I'm going to the Sharks game on the 11th and Carolina game on the 16th. I hope they can keep up this streak and give us some exciting hockey down the stretch.

Scoops

PS. Let's get another Supporters game please! I had such a blast.

• Like 1

Lou is unpredictable as a GM, he makes coaching changes at odd times, makes trades (sometimes big ones) out of nowhere, where there are no rumors or rumblings...but when this team was floundering in late November and everybody was calling for MacLeans head, Lou had to make the move to Lemaire THEN. I mean the team was quitting on a nightly basis, none of the lines had any chemistry, and they were poorly conditioned (lemaire alluded to this when he took over again)

why the hell did Lou let it get 9-22-2 bad?

This team could be AT LEAST 6-8 points better right now, which would make a huge difference

I agree, but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, since Mac was young, and we'd been grooming him for awhile. He deserved a shot and got it. Hindsight's 20/20, but at the time, I wanted Mac to succeed and thought he might.

Also, they didn't start succeeding until Langs got traded. Mac inherited a fvcked up locker room.

Great win. I mean just damn. I have never seen 2 different teams in 1 season like this in any sport.

Kovy learning D and the youngins getting seasoned were all I was hoping for at Christmas time. Didn't realize I'd be getting meaningful hockey at any point this year. Thank you.

I bet Parise has turned up the intensity in his re-hab. He must be really itching to get that Devils Jersey he has played with so much pride in back on and get on the ice with these guys. You can not downplay what this turnaround has done and will do to Parise's mind set going into negotiations. Seeing these guys go out there and play for pride and for the franchise like they are now has been utterly impressive.

Thank you Devils thank you.