GDT 2/8/11 Devils vs. Hurricanes

ZeroGravityFat

"Lemaire on no Devs' PPs tonight: 'We feel that we don't play hard enough. That's the reason we don't get a power play.' "

Yikes! JL demanding more. I LIKE IT!

He also was pissed at Volchenkov for the penalties. Only played two shifts after the last penalty.

Edited by mmajeski06

Lou is unpredictable as a GM, he makes coaching changes at odd times, makes trades (sometimes big ones) out of nowhere, where there are no rumors or rumblings...but when this team was floundering in late November and everybody was calling for MacLeans head, Lou had to make the move to Lemaire THEN. I mean the team was quitting on a nightly basis, none of the lines had any chemistry, and they were poorly conditioned (lemaire alluded to this when he took over again)

why the hell did Lou let it get 9-22-2 bad?

This team could be AT LEAST 6-8 points better right now, which would make a huge difference

You're preaching to the converted there- I said the same thing about a week ago. MacLean should've been fired after the Islander travesty the day after Thanksgiving. Lou waited a month too long.

I agree, but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, since Mac was young, and we'd been grooming him for awhile. He deserved a shot and got it. Hindsight's 20/20, but at the time, I wanted Mac to succeed and thought he might.

Also, they didn't start succeeding until Langs got traded. Mac inherited a fvcked up locker room.

Yeah, the Langs trade was a big part of it too, no doubt. But that wasn't Lou's fault really, since Langs wouldn't wave his NTC during training camp when he was asked the first time.

I am awaiting the return of :hail::clap: Parise :hail::clap:

Tedenby with a very good game tonight, Kovy, and Rolston also I thought played well. Clarkson, Eliase, Zubs (always)... And :moose:

I would vote Salami the goat, though nothing came of his mistakes.

Edited by Dead

I am awaiting the return of :hail::clap: Parise :hail::clap:

Tedenby with a very good game tonight, Kovy, and Rolston also I thought played well. Clarkson, Eliase, Zubs (always)... And :moose:

I would vote Salami the goat, though nothing came of his mistakes.

Sh1t...I don't know how, but it totally slipped my mind we are doing this without Parise. Imagine if we had him back in the lineup right now!

Home games at the rock are becoming FUN and exciting again! Great win! game started slow and looked like carolina was going to steal the game but they didnt quit and got the win! wish it was regulation though!

lets go devils!!!!!

"Lemaire on no Devs' PPs tonight: 'We feel that we don't play hard enough. That's the reason we don't get a power play.' "

Yikes! JL demanding more. I LIKE IT!

He also was pissed at Volchenkov for the penalties. Only played two shifts after the last penalty.

lol there were at least five or six times where they could have whistled Carolina but of course they always get the calls (or non-calls) against us, particularly in the third period. Usually you get at least one or two calls when you dominate to the tune of 19 shots to 3 in five-on-five.

But it's good to hear that he benched Volchenkov...it's this Lemaire I was hoping for last year when he came back but he never really held people accountable or was too afraid of stepping on toes. Now that he's coaching like it's his last season he's back to being the demanding '95 Jacques :)

lol there were at least five or six times where they could have whistled Carolina but of course they always get the calls (or non-calls) against us, particularly in the third period. Usually you get at least one or two calls when you dominate to the tune of 19 shots to 3 in five-on-five.

But it's good to hear that he benched Volchenkov...it's this Lemaire I was hoping for last year when he came back but he never really held people accountable or was too afraid of stepping on toes. Now that he's coaching like it's his last season he's back to being the demanding '95 Jacques :)

Agreed. He needs to keep demanding a lot. Though we had a nice comeback tonight it was still another game with some sloppiness to it, sort of like the Florida game from last week. We can be better. Volchenkov had a tough game but I expect he'll bounce back. A few other players were sloppy too, like Palmieri. Elias has also been snake-bitten lately - couple of missed breakaways plus that chance with 14 seconds left that wouldn't go. He can be better too.

Another chance to gain some ground Thursday against Toronto.

What a turnaround. Considering the feeling of embarrassment I had leaving the 12/23 blowout by the Isles, I didn't think I could be this excited at a game this season. Sitting in the Rock, watching the game, there was just a buzz in the air. Like, I really never felt they were out of it and I lost it on both of the last two goals. It feels great to be a fan again.

I nearly punched out my friend by accident celebrating Palmeri's goal tonight, luckilly no one was sitting to my right so i could step out for Teds' winner

I was up in 230 so couldn't really see the Volchenkov "elbow" but was it really worthy of a freaking disciplinary hearing?! apparently he has one tomorrow cause of it, per Bob MacKenzie

this was an edge of your seat comeback.

reading how the posts change so dramatically on page 3 is epic.

also i love Doc: "Tim Gleason, a name which is a part of a bad memory for the devils, that game tying goal during game 7, and now the Devils fans are cringing and saying 'Doc, knock it off'"

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil

Games like that make me say screw the playoffs. I mean, yeah, keep gunning for them. But if we don't make it, we'll be fine. Let's keep teaching Teddy and Palmieri how to be winners and get big goals like they did tonight. That's just as important for this franchise as making an improbable playoff run. I thought Palmieri had a bit of a tough game most of the way, but if he keeps driving the net and picking up the dirty goals, that makes it a lot better. And Teddy played smart all night. And you can't teach finishing skills like that. He's got 'em.

Yeah, I'm just enjoying watching them play competitive hockey again. The playoff dream has gone from impossible to a longshot, but even if they don't make it, I'd much rather see this than a "fvck it, we're probably not making it anyway, let's just mail it in" approach. This is far more entertaining and constructive, for vets and youth alike.

Even with this surge, the Devils are STILL last in the NHL in GF and STILL have more regulation losses than any other team. Just a reminder of how putrid those first 41 games were.

BTW, I'm sure many have noticed this, but:

1st 41 GP: 10 wins, 2 OT losses

Next 13 GP: 10 wins, 2 OT losses

Unbelievable...