Time For Claude To Come Back Again??

CaptainScotty

Seeing as how this team is just on the verge of being something good, perhaps they should reclaim their 4 leaf clover in Claude Lemieux.

Hes ancient, and his hands probably shake so much that he couldnt find the net if he were in the crease, but his demeanor should shore up the edges on the team.

Salomonsson for Lemieux and draft pick.

Didn't the Old Geezer score in the game for Phoenix last night? Must have been all the trembling of the hands which caused the puck to change and so the goalie missed it. :P

As much as I hate it, Claude will not be coming back. Oh, and I still don't like Danton. That's just going to be one of those things where Puncass is just never going to grow on me.

Puck that may be kind of true but Claude never caused dissention with the team/organization. He may have been a pain on the ice but something about PunkAssJeffersonDanton is not sitting well with me, as it isn't with M. If he thinks he can put on #22 and chase after whomever he wants to try to make himself look like a tough guy without completely concentrating on the puck, as opposed to who he thinks he can try to mow dow, then he is mistaken. Time will tell.

Why don't you all save up your resentment and hatred for Danton for when he does something horribly wrong untill then maybe you can keep quiet Since he is playing pretty well. Actually he has been playing especially well for a guy who came in with no expectations.

Puck that may be kind of true but Claude never caused dissention with the team/organization. He may have been a pain on the ice but something about PunkAssJeffersonDanton is not sitting well with me, as it isn't with M. If he thinks he can put on #22 and chase after whomever he wants to try to make himself look like a tough guy without completely concentrating on the puck, as opposed to who he thinks he can try to mow dow, then he is mistaken. Time will tell.

Zam, give the kid a break. I'm getting sick of reading all the "doom and gloom" with this kid. He was assigned #22 by the New Jersey Devils. Maybe you should take it up with the organization. Was it ok to see them once give John MacLean's number 15 to Andreas Salomonsson? I didn't see many complaints.

The kid has fit in so far. His goal turned last night's game around. He also was excited and that had to rub off on his teammates. Give the kid a chance.

I don't have to like him and I don't. All I care about is that he does well and yes he's been okay so far. If it is my opinion to think that way and that is the way it's going to stay.

Derek I don't need to take it up with the organization--I never said he wasn't "worthy" or anything like that to wear #22. You didn't like Graves number being given away if I am correct. Claude was/is my favorite Devil and all I am saying is that all they have in common is a number and the fact they get under guys' skins. I hope the punk does very well, just as well as Calude if not better. I'll be glad for any contributions to the team but I still don't have to like him.

Why don't you all save up your resentment and hatred for Danton for when he does something horribly wrong untill then maybe you can keep quiet Since he is playing pretty well. Actually he has been playing especially well for a guy who came in with no expectations.

Lovely thing about this being a forum for expressing opinions- I don't have to keep quiet and neither does anyone else. I don't like Puncass, probalby never will, and I am free to express that opinion as many times as I damn well please. :evil:

you know, I dont think that we would be trading for his skill, his size or anything,

but more or less that Stanley Cup swagger, which is exactly why Rolston was traded. Granted now he would have an even tinier role, but hes not here to win the Smythe again, but to inject that last bit of solid confidence and leadership into this team.

From what I am reading, this team is pretty shaken up that their Cup team that nearly repeated has been all but dismantled, a good luck charm like Claude Lemieux might ease a couple of players that have doubts.

Question is, is that attitude worth it? If it brings another cup, definitely. I'd have traded Rolston again in a heartbeat, if that Claude swagger brought the cup in 2000.

Zamode,

I didn't want the kid back here either. I usually agree that players of his trackrecord can only cause disruptionj in the dressing room but Lou was disrespected by JefferDanton more then anyone else in the Org and he gave the kid another chance.

Why can't we?

Believe me, I'm not really comparing Danton to Claude, that would be farcical at this point of Danton's career. However Danton does add a characteristic that we have lacked since Claude departed. If the kid can keep his head on and adds something to team .....I'm all for him.

Now if Lou was to try and bring a punk like Billy Tibbets into teh Org, I'd ahve a problem with it. :saddevil:

Geez, from the reception that Danton has on this board you'd think that he knocked out Scott Niedermayer or threw an elbow into Petr Sykora. Please, try to remember that Mike Danton is on our team. Yes, he is the one that scored the goal that turned around the game on saturday. It was Danton that hip checked Daniel Alfreddson almost into the Devils bench, and drew a penalty.

You guys are pissed that Danton had a Tizzy with Lou after an injury and said some bad things? Then he comes back, plays balls out for an organization he hated 2 months ago, makes us a respectable team for crying out loud, and that's not good enough? Danton has a +1 right now, +1! Do you realize how signifigant that is? That means he has not been on the ice for one single goal scored against us so far. Not one! And he plays with Jim McKenzie and Turner Stevenson! Let me ask you guys something. When is the last time you heard Mike Danton rip a teammate? When is the last time he was tentative about taking a hit in the corner? I have seen this guy take some thundering hits, that I'm sure he knew were coming, but he got to the puck and cleared it or cycled it.

You know how he got his goal? He was skating hard for a puck that Stevenson dumped into the zone. The puck took a lucky bounce backward and he skated right around the defenseman and ripped his shot right into the net. I'm glad we have players like Scott Niedermayer who can skate like Bryan Boytano and make everything look effortless, and when they turn the puck over for the 400th time can easily poke check the puck away due to impeccable positioning. I'm glad we have shooters like Oleg Tverdovsky who can blow the puck right through the goalies glove. But I'm also glad we have players like Mike Danton, who will take 10 hits to get a single scoring chance, skate hard for every meaningless puck, and never question his teammate's efforts.

I know a lot of you are going to hate me for this, but I like him for the exact same reasons I like Sergei Brylin and John Madden.