GDT: Devils at Toronto. 7PM

Quinn01

I wonder what Langenbrunner is thinking right now. :P

..... Jamie Langenbrunner as a Dallas Star: 12 games, 1 goal (on the pp mind you), 3 assists, 4 points, +1, 15 PIMs....OMG WE ONLY GOT A 2ND ROUND PICK FOR ALL THAT PRODUCTION! (and the Stars are 6-7 since the trade, Devils are 12-3 since....)

So do we really care what he thinks???

I can see Manta now...."He only scored ONE goal".... :lol:

Kovalchuk laughing a phaneuf was classic. Like "hahaha! What?" Just looks right at him and totally dismisses him. Then goes pretty much end to end and scores. If that isn't a middle finger to phaneuf I dunno what is.

Yeah it looked like he hit the turbo button in NHL11 on that goal :lol: God, I've been waiting for this Kovy to show up. He's finally looking like the dominant player of the past over the last few games.

I wonder what Langenbrunner is thinking right now. :P

He probably cares about the Devils now as much as he did in his last season AS a Devil.

Jamie is thinking " Good for them". Deep deep down he might acknowledge he might have been being kind of an a$$hole. Questioning his personal accountability in all situations he appeared blameless for. I think it will actually help him let go and move on. Sometimes all you need to move forward is to honestly see that while you CAN'T see it, maybe you were out of touch and despite your huge generous heart, you might have to give just a little more to get beyond it all. And that is ok. Doable. Acceptable

Lemaire needs to be back next year or at the very least a Lemaire type of coach needs to be here.

Furthermore, it continues to show the embarrassment of a head coach that John MacLean was. I honestly wonder whether he even spent time going over little things with players or running drills. Players seem to be in better shape, seem to understand what to do in situations and how to react, almost like they are learning how to play winning hockey.

Kovalchuk's play under Lemaire is so ridiculously better, it's not even funny.

Other notes:

On defense: Fayne had one of his best games I felt on both sides of the ice. Tallinder looked bad tonight at times, as did Fraser who I pray is not back next year. Zubrus has been hot lately.

That is to say your comparing apples to oranges. Not to say I want MacLean back. I honestly hoped he'd be smart enough to refuse the job in that little space when Lou said the job was his if he wanted it to the press but there was still no official appointment. Did I post that? I thought it. If Mac knows what's good for him he'll ask to stay in Albany. I truly hoped against hope for that

On defense: Fayne had one of his best games I felt on both sides of the ice.

I thought Fayne struggled enormously on the defensive side tonight. Was overly aggressive and lost his man or let up odd man rushes a few times because of it.

His offense was on thought, great shot selection and placement.