Continental Arena must go, James says

msweet

Yes, he was joking. That is what tongue in cheek means. Its a term for dry humor or sarcasm. You still never responded how a bus from one location is better access than buses from that same location and trains from two other locations.

Well its not, now that I think of it more... But there is still access from the city, and I always see atleast 2 transit buses at the arena arriving around 7ish, at GATE C, which is where my reserved lot is....

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get a frickin car

ok.....you are really starting to tick me off. i live in manhattanand am going to school there. i am supposed to get a car for what???? to pay for parking and to drive 15 blocks to school??? you are 15 and mommy and daddy take care of everything for you, so don't lecture me on how i am supposed to spend my money.

Get a frickin car

ok.....you are really starting to tick me off. i live in manhattanand am going to school there. i am supposed to get a car for what???? to pay for parking and to drive 15 blocks to school??? you are 15 and mommy and daddy take care of everything for you, so don't lecture me on how i am supposed to spend my money.

I was being sarcastic, but anyway, just get there early enough to take the bus...

i do get there early enough to take the bus. the fact of the matter is that you haven't taken the bus so you don't know how inconvenient it is. what exactly does public transportation is public transportation mean???? do you think that the majority of NJ commuters to NYC drive here???

i do get there early enough to take the bus. the fact of the matter is that you haven't taken the bus so you don't know how inconvenient it is. what exactly does public transportation is public transportation mean???? do you think that the majority of NJ commuters to NYC drive here???

I actually have taken the NJ Transit bus to the game, once during the playoffs last year, when I was in the city.

It wasn't bad at all, and I got to CAA with time to spare.

Hey MSweet..........are we supposed to have a separate thread for weekend season ticket holder, one for weekday ticket holder (are there any?), one for holiday plan owners, and one for miscellaneous others? do only full season ticket holders' opinions count in your eyer?

I thought the point I was making was obvious, but I guess not.

I wasn't really suggesting different threads. What I was suggesting is that the people who are clammering for EWR the loudest aren't even going to buy enough tickets to make a difference.

The fan base for the NJ Devils starts with CURRENT season ticket holders, They really pay the bills and thus we need to have the loudest voice.

This EWR project won't work if the Devils lose their current fane base, which I believe will happen unless driving to EWR is easy enough.

Ya know msweet you're right, but, I'm sure for every person like you that is not willing to go to Newark, there is some family in Monmouth, Ocean, or Middlesex counties looking to buy season tickets IF there were public transport.  I know I would be one of them.

Also, if the proposed MOM line ever gets built, there would be easier access to even more people in the three mentioned counties.

Ok... this is the first repsonse from soemone who says they will buy season's tickets if the team goes to EWR (who doesn't buy now).

But a 1-1 trade is not going to help the Devils. In fact they can't afford to lose any of the current ticket holders.

And I'll bet there are a hell of a lot more potential tickets holders up North than down South.

You think you could pony up $2500 a seat and take 2-3 hours of trains and/or buses for 41 home games a year. Most of which are after work?

I'm not doubting or challanging you, I'm just pointing out the commitment and how difficult it is to get season ticket holders and why their interest must be paramount.

There are obviously not enough current season ticket holders or this topic wouldn't even be in discussion. If there were enough season ticket holders to make the team profitable then there would be no need to move. There aren't and the team obviously feels that more can be gained by a move to Newark. If some will be lost in the move, thats sad, but the team obviously feels that more can be gained than will be lost and that the difference will be enough to save the team's future in NJ.

There are obviously not enough current season ticket holders or this topic wouldn't even be in discussion. If there were enough season ticket holders to make the team profitable then there would be no need to move. There aren't and the team obviously feels that more can be gained by a move to Newark. If some will be lost in the move, thats sad, but the team obviously feels that more can be gained than will be lost and that the difference will be enough to save the team's future in NJ.

First of all I'm not sure they are right about more being gained or lost. And they do owe some consideration to the currnet ticket holders.

We definitely don't need to rehash all of the issues.

For me and most of the current ticket holders, EWR will be fine if the driving solution is reasonable.

Let's not just build another city project without worrying about the effect on traffic. We have enough of that bs development in the burbs.

I really don't think the "team" as a whole feels that way...

I think that Lou feels that way... I'm gonna ask him what he thinks tonight, his box is right under my seats....

Guest Guest_sammyk
Ya know msweet you're right, but, I'm sure for every person like you that is not willing to go to Newark, there is some family in Monmouth, Ocean, or Middlesex counties looking to buy season tickets IF there were public transport.

No they don't live in a location that they would have to do that...

They just either don't want to go to Newark, or don't want to take public transportation.

See you pretend like you know that as an absolute truth whereas people with season tix will all give em up when they go to Newark. We just don't know that. Besides, people don't wanna go to CAA and last night was just another example of that.

No they don't live in a location that they would have to do that...

They just either don't want to go to Newark, or don't want to take public transportation.

See you pretend like you know that as an absolute truth whereas people with season tix will all give em up when they go to Newark. We just don't know that. Besides, people don't wanna go to CAA and last night was just another example of that.

People don't want to go to Newark...

And I'm a season ticket holder.

You're parents are season ticket holders. Ask them what they would do if the Devils went to Newark? How long have they had season tickets anyway? My guess is that this is the first year, hence you are enamoured by CAA. There are better ways to go than CAA. That arena sucks. Accept it. Say this with me: "I love the New Jersey Devils but their arena is a dive and they need a new place to play."

stubbs is right when he says people don't want to go to Newark, if he's talking about just season ticket holders. Of course a vast majority would prefer the CAA because they are already season ticket holders. They've already made the commitment to buy tickets to 41 hockey games a year and make the trek from wherever they are to CAA.

Now that's not to say they wouldn't go to a Newark arena. But it's obvious where their preferences are going to lie.

Edited by Triumph

You're parents are season ticket holders. Ask them what they would do if the Devils went to Newark? How long have they had season tickets anyway? My guess is that this is the first year, hence you are enamoured by CAA. There are better ways to go than CAA. That arena sucks. Accept it. Say this with me: "I love the New Jersey Devils but their arena is a dive and they need a new place to play."

2nd year.

stubbs is right when he says people don't want to go to Newark, if he's talking about just season ticket holders. Of course a vast majority would prefer the CAA because they are already season ticket holders. They've already made the commitment to buy tickets to 41 hockey games a year and make the trek from wherever they are to CAA.

you got that right.