Ticket Price Discounting Discussion

Colin226

Crasher- agreed 100%

This dude got free tickets and is worrying about re-selling.

He needs to get a clue.

and you need to learn how to count, he's still talking about BREAKING EVEN and getting his $48 for the 4 tickets when he can not attend said games

his goal is to BREAK EVEN, as was always mine

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For games I haven't been able to make I have more than made my money back on my seats this season. I have made a 1/3 of my money back for the few games I have sold. Due to scheduling issues I am giving up my current seats as making 2-3 games for the season and purchasing a full season package seems rather stupid in my mind. However when I have time to attend a full season again, I am sure I will have better seats than I do this season :D

Yeah some of you do need reading comprehension...I have $15 tickets and I'm not even close to breaking even this year, although in a normal year I could probably make a profit with my starting cost based on how out of whack the rest of the uppers are priced. The fact he has free seats and can't even break even with de facto $12 tickets show the season tickets are vastly overpriced :P

Although to be fair if he has to sell a big game he's gonna get profit on it to offset the loss somewhat too. Not to mention for the games he DOES attend (especially the big ones), $12 is a great value so that more than balances out the monetary loss he takes when he can't sell games he doesn't go to imo.

At least for this year, next year when he has two tickets for $24 again it'll make it that much harder to break even if the team stinks and keeps running promos every four of five games.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Colin, while I understand your and other STH's gripe with this issue, there really isn't anything that is going to be done about it. The way the Devils are doing it IS what makes the most sense from a business perspective because if you permanently de-value the seats in the arena there is no turning back from that. By offering these tickets at inflated prices for a extended period of time they WILL get people to buy them at that price, and that is where the team will make the majority of its revenue.

I actually think it is pretty funny that the lightning management was quoted in this thread to support the STH's perspective here because they actually DID go ahead with the plan that was suggested (ie. drastically lowering prices all year to increase demand and appease STH's) and, while they do very well attendance-wise, they are near the bottom of the league in terms of profitability because they don't make enough money on their tickets.

the biggest issue with the system suggested is what happens to the team when they do poorly? suddenly even the lowered prices don't get people out (because that was the price when they were doing good!) and now they aregetting poor attendance with lower prices and that equals economic misery.

By doing it the Devils way hey will piss off some STHs sure, but not all of them because some just don't care, others don't know, and since the Devils don't have a very large STH collection anyway it boils down to small potatoes for the team (economically speaking) if the relatively small number do actually get disgruntaled enough to drop their STH status.

And really, lets be honest here, how often do the Devils really give away the tickets and how many times are they just being sold for that little on stub hub et al because there is just NOBODY that wanted/wants to go to see the Devils. I feel it's probably a pretty good bet that only reason people are buying them from an outlet other than the much easier, safer, and cheaper (service-fee-wise) ticketmaster site is because they are trying to find tickets that are so cheap that they might actually go see a team that was looking determined to set a league record for worst regular season. With the Devils doing much better now it's most likely a safe bet that the prices will start to climb again.

Edited by brickwall30

Colin, while I understand your and other STH's gripe with this issue, there really isn't anything that is going to be done about it. The way the Devils are doing it IS what makes the most sense from a business perspective because if you permanently de-value the seats in the arena there is no turning back from that. By offering these tickets at inflated prices for a extended period of time they WILL get people to buy them at that price, and that is where the team will make the majority of its revenue.

I actually think it is pretty funny that the lightning management was quoted in this thread to support the STH's perspective here because they actually DID go ahead with the plan that was suggested (ie. drastically lowering prices all year to increase demand and appease STH's) and, while they do very well attendance-wise, they are near the bottom of the league in terms of profitability because they don't make enough money on their tickets.

Most teams don't make their money at the box office.. It's through good TV deals, like the Devils have with MSG, that they get their $$.. Not going to get as good a TV deal being a southern hockey team.. They also don't have a very expensive, new arena like we do.. A lot of our value is in the Rock.. I could even point out that they have a higher average attendance than us this season, but I think that we would be higher if we were playing as good hockey..

I like their pricing system, though.. It just makes sense.. And what I'm saying is rather than setting the face value for a mid-week Senators game at $37 for upper level and then discounting to $15 later on, why not just set it at $17 all along and tell people that's the price.. You make a good point that the team is happy to get as many $37 payers as possible before discounting, but the problem is that fans catch on after a few times and will begin to wait for these deals.. It's only been exposed 10x as much this season because a mid-week Senators game (as an example) is realllllly over priced at face value, so more people are waiting.. I really feel like we are seeing more and more deals come out because the team is training the fans to wait, so they do, which practically forces the team to have a ticket special, which continues the cycle

I do fully agree that there probably isn't much that will be done about it lol :lol:

I'm a bit on the fence with this one. While I get that Colin is losing money when he's getting undercut by the $6 sellers, he isn't taking the non monetary perks of being a STH into account either. I forget who but somebody posted a very detailed list of the perks, including gifts, exclusive events, etc. While that doesn't help you get your money back when selling tickets, it does factor into the overall value of the ticket. But, like Colin said, his sole gripe is his reselling, so let's focus on that.

Also, I think Colin is really feeling this reselling problem because he's trying to move more than half of his tickets this year. Personally, I don't think you should get seasons or a plan for that matter unless you intend on attending at least 80% of the games you have. When you actually go to the game, it's like the airline example somebody else brought up where nobody is concerned with that the guy next to them paid. Now, I know Colin has a special situation, school I think, that is forcing him to sell, but his is a special situation, one that you can't expect the team to legislate with tiered ticket pricing. If you end up going to most of the games, the money you loose is greatly reduced and if you need to make that up, just sell a high demand ticket to make up the difference. While it may mean missing out on a Rangers game, you'll make up what you lost on the ticket. Still, if you need to sell every game for the rest of the season, yeah, you're going to take a bath on that. There's nothing the team really can or should do about that.

As for tiered pricing, that would make buying tickets all the more difficult for the average fan. Imagine having 4 different pricing structures based on the date of the game. For example, "So I can sit in the orange section for $37 a ticket if it's a weekend against Carolina, or we could sit in the same section for $17 if it's a Tuesday against Nashville. Hmm, but I really want to go to the Philly game on Saturday. Let me pull out the premium game chart...dang, that ticket is $60". Just way to much for the average fan to go through. Besides, if the league did that, your seasons would undoubtedly go up, meaning you would pay more for ticket thus reducing your profit when selling. PLus, you would still have a hard time moving tickets because now, why would I pay you $16 a ticket when I can just get them via the Box Office for the same price.

Oh, and one last thing. People like promotions. It gives them the illusion that you are getting more for less and it helps fill the arena. Promotions are half marketing and loss leaders anyway, so if your tiered ticketing plan reduces the number of promotions, it's in turn going to reduce the number of people going to the game. I have a number of non hockey friends who send me the tickets promotions saying, "Wow, this looks like a great deal, let's go to a game sometime". Without those deals, they wouldn't have been interested to begin with.

Good topic, Colin and I do feel your selling ticket pain. I had seasons a few years ago and had to sell a good chunk due to a job that required extensive travel, so I know the bath you're taking.

I'm a bit on the fence with this one. While I get that Colin is losing money when he's getting undercut by the $6 sellers, he isn't taking the non monetary perks of being a STH into account either. I forget who but somebody posted a very detailed list of the perks, including gifts, exclusive events, etc. While that doesn't help you get your money back when selling tickets, it does factor into the overall value of the ticket. But, like Colin said, his sole gripe is his reselling, so let's focus on that.

Also, I think Colin is really feeling this reselling problem because he's trying to move more than half of his tickets this year. Personally, I don't think you should get seasons or a plan for that matter unless you intend on attending at least 80% of the games you have. When you actually go to the game, it's like the airline example somebody else brought up where nobody is concerned with that the guy next to them paid. Now, I know Colin has a special situation, school I think, that is forcing him to sell, but his is a special situation, one that you can't expect the team to legislate with tiered ticket pricing. If you end up going to most of the games, the money you loose is greatly reduced and if you need to make that up, just sell a high demand ticket to make up the difference. While it may mean missing out on a Rangers game, you'll make up what you lost on the ticket. Still, if you need to sell every game for the rest of the season, yeah, you're going to take a bath on that. There's nothing the team really can or should do about that.

As for tiered pricing, that would make buying tickets all the more difficult for the average fan. Imagine having 4 different pricing structures based on the date of the game. For example, "So I can sit in the orange section for $37 a ticket if it's a weekend against Carolina, or we could sit in the same section for $17 if it's a Tuesday against Nashville. Hmm, but I really want to go to the Philly game on Saturday. Let me pull out the premium game chart...dang, that ticket is $60". Just way to much for the average fan to go through. Besides, if the league did that, your seasons would undoubtedly go up, meaning you would pay more for ticket thus reducing your profit when selling. PLus, you would still have a hard time moving tickets because now, why would I pay you $16 a ticket when I can just get them via the Box Office for the same price.

Oh, and one last thing. People like promotions. It gives them the illusion that you are getting more for less and it helps fill the arena. Promotions are half marketing and loss leaders anyway, so if your tiered ticketing plan reduces the number of promotions, it's in turn going to reduce the number of people going to the game. I have a number of non hockey friends who send me the tickets promotions saying, "Wow, this looks like a great deal, let's go to a game sometime". Without those deals, they wouldn't have been interested to begin with.

Good topic, Colin and I do feel your selling ticket pain. I had seasons a few years ago and had to sell a good chunk due to a job that required extensive travel, so I know the bath you're taking.

Excellent points.. After this spring, I will most likely be able to attend 30-35+ games a season so it's not too huge an issue for me.. And the event yesterday reminded me how much I love the perks of being a STH so I'm feeling a little better

That being said, the Devils are selling mezzanine/balcony seats for $10 to Wednesday's game.. Not only is that a $49 discount per ticket to the people who waited to buy seats, but they ran a special a few days ago selling the same seats for $22.. So people who were the first to react on the $22 discount got screwed too..

And, even if I wanted to sell my 4 tickets for what I paid ($12 per ticket), I'd still have to sell them for $10 just to remain competitive.. So I definitely lose money there.. And that's if someone wants to buy upper corner for the same price that they could get mezz/balcony for.. So in reality, I'd probably have to sell mine for $4 - $8 and take a bigger loss.. Luckily, I can go to this game!!!

For those who want it, here's a link to the $10 promo: https://oss.ticketmaster.com/html/group_corp_start.htmI?l=EN&team=devils&owner=613508&group=305&err&event&customerID

Code: devils

Edited by Colin226

Being a New Jersey Devils season ticket holder is worthless. It is near impossible to re-sell tickets at face value because almost NO games are in demand. You lose out on every game, you pay face value (an absolute travesty) for pre-season games that you are forced to get if you are a STH. You get an event or two to meet the team and are not allowed to get autographs.

The practice and meet and greet is a joke and I didn't even go. The guy we have season tickets went to print out the tickets Saturday and they were gone. He forgot about their printing deadline. So he called the Devils all day Saturday and no one answered the phone or called him back. We got screwed out of the event. On the flip side, you have to pay over a thousand or two thousand dollars just to watch 13 players practice and then not be allowed autographs. Most teams let fans watch their practices for FREE.

I questioned one of the Devils reps about it and he said "we realize the fans want to watch the practices but the reason we don't open them up is because the proper security measures are not in place to ensure the safety of the fans and the players"

I said "you've been here for four years. Get the proper security in place. It'll take an hour to figure it out. He was only able to come up with "I know what you mean" as a reply.

Jamie and I bought lower level tickets to THREE recent games and ticket prices were less than 15 per ticket to each one. Realize how much STH in the lower level are losing on that one? Club seats go for about 75-80$ on Stubhub.

Those terrace table seats? You pay out the ass to watch the game from.... a table...

Jamie and I went to 36 home games last year. So far this year, we've been to 17 this year so far. Paying 30$ for upper level seats is the worst mistake we've made so far.

I truly feel for people like Scott (CRASHER). I had something to say to the last account exec that I talked to. I told him how utterly unbelievable it is that the team has raised STH prices every year for the loyal fans such as CRASHER and priced him out of the building. They should be ashamed of themselves. A team that can't break 14k on a nightly basis has absolutely no business raising ticket prices.

Check out the amount of tickets for sale for Wednesday's game for under 10$. Anyone who needs to sell will not be able to make any money back. The value is absolutely gone for this team.

Please tell me what perks STH have that are truly valuable.

Discounted parking? NO

Player autographs? NO

Ability to attend events at the arena for a discount? NO

STH should get free admission to player signings. Absolutely. I'm supposed to pay 70$ to get autographs from rookies? Absolutely not! I think I deserve the right to a damn autograph after how many 30$ shirts I have gotten.

I don't even feel welcome and relaxed in our own arena. I am about to write a gigantic letter to the team about those people that do the cruise contests. It's an absolute scam. Last week at the NJ/Carolina game, Jamie and I were hounded by FIVE, count em, FIVE different cruise people in the SAME INTERMISSION in the hallways! I felt like I did last time I was in Mexico and couldn't walk down the same street without being hounded to by rugs and hand weaved carpets from shop owners.

There is so much that this team does that is a literal slap in the face to its fans. Being a season ticket hold has no value. We get 50-75% off on tickets to games and have paid for parking ONCE this year. Yeah, we cheat the system. But I have no incentive to give the Devils a hold of my bank account.

Wait til they completely screw up the supporters section. They are getting there. Yeah it was nice they gave away free tickets against San Jose. But what they also did was scatter the supporters throughout four sections, and one of the ushers was yelling at people for standing up and kicking people out of the section that wanted to join and was also hounding people to show them their tickets WHILE THE GAME WAS GOING ON!

TAlking about this gets me angry. I'm going to stop.

Being a New Jersey Devils season ticket holder is worthless. It is near impossible to re-sell tickets at face value because almost NO games are in demand. You lose out on every game, you pay face value (an absolute travesty) for pre-season games that you are forced to get if you are a STH. You get an event or two to meet the team and are not allowed to get autographs.

The practice and meet and greet is a joke and I didn't even go. The guy we have season tickets went to print out the tickets Saturday and they were gone. He forgot about their printing deadline. So he called the Devils all day Saturday and no one answered the phone or called him back. We got screwed out of the event. On the flip side, you have to pay over a thousand or two thousand dollars just to watch 13 players practice and then not be allowed autographs. Most teams let fans watch their practices for FREE.

I questioned one of the Devils reps about it and he said "we realize the fans want to watch the practices but the reason we don't open them up is because the proper security measures are not in place to ensure the safety of the fans and the players"

I said "you've been here for four years. Get the proper security in place. It'll take an hour to figure it out. He was only able to come up with "I know what you mean" as a reply.

Jamie and I bought lower level tickets to THREE recent games and ticket prices were less than 15 per ticket to each one. Realize how much STH in the lower level are losing on that one? Club seats go for about 75-80$ on Stubhub.

Those terrace table seats? You pay out the ass to watch the game from.... a table...

Jamie and I went to 36 home games last year. So far this year, we've been to 17 this year so far. Paying 30$ for upper level seats is the worst mistake we've made so far.

I truly feel for people like Scott (CRASHER). I had something to say to the last account exec that I talked to. I told him how utterly unbelievable it is that the team has raised STH prices every year for the loyal fans such as CRASHER and priced him out of the building. They should be ashamed of themselves. A team that can't break 14k on a nightly basis has absolutely no business raising ticket prices.

Check out the amount of tickets for sale for Wednesday's game for under 10$. Anyone who needs to sell will not be able to make any money back. The value is absolutely gone for this team.

Please tell me what perks STH have that are truly valuable.

Discounted parking? NO

Player autographs? NO

Ability to attend events at the arena for a discount? NO

STH should get free admission to player signings. Absolutely. I'm supposed to pay 70$ to get autographs from rookies? Absolutely not! I think I deserve the right to a damn autograph after how many 30$ shirts I have gotten.

I don't even feel welcome and relaxed in our own arena. I am about to write a gigantic letter to the team about those people that do the cruise contests. It's an absolute scam. Last week at the NJ/Carolina game, Jamie and I were hounded by FIVE, count em, FIVE different cruise people in the SAME INTERMISSION in the hallways! I felt like I did last time I was in Mexico and couldn't walk down the same street without being hounded to by rugs and hand weaved carpets from shop owners.

There is so much that this team does that is a literal slap in the face to its fans. Being a season ticket hold has no value. We get 50-75% off on tickets to games and have paid for parking ONCE this year. Yeah, we cheat the system. But I have no incentive to give the Devils a hold of my bank account.

Wait til they completely screw up the supporters section. They are getting there. Yeah it was nice they gave away free tickets against San Jose. But what they also did was scatter the supporters throughout four sections, and one of the ushers was yelling at people for standing up and kicking people out of the section that wanted to join and was also hounding people to show them their tickets WHILE THE GAME WAS GOING ON!

TAlking about this gets me angry. I'm going to stop.

+1. He is pretty much spot on here and I agree with the majority of this. Being a Devils STH offers NO perks whatsoever which could not be purchased for a nominal fee. (there is less than a handful of true "perks" ANYWAY) Unless I was rich and money did not matter, I would never buy seasons. I can pick and choose what games I want to go to and get quality seats for a small % of face value. Never have to worry about losing my shirt trying to sell games I cannot go to. I do feel the pain of the STH's who enjoy their same seat every game, etc. It sucks that you basically have to give your tickets away because there is 0 demand. But to me it is nowhere near worth ponying up the cash to be a STH.

In response to this, she did at least come up to me and my friend after the game and told me that she will remember our faces and next time we have an event like this to let them know. I guess the Devils didn't realize people would be coming from other sections to join the supporters section so they didn't let the ushers know about it.

She made me show her my ticket and asked me to leave the section during the national anthem, which I found disrespectful. She couldn't wait another minute for the song to finish?

I just want the Devils to step in and put an OFFICIAL stamp on the supporters section.... give it a DEFINITE section with a DEFINITE price for certain games or EVERY game. Otherwise it will get ruined. The fans that created it are doing an amazing job. But without help from the team it'll disappear. This is something that benefits the team AND the fans... let's see if the right thing... they don't have the best record with "doing the right thing."

Oh... and another perk that is a slap in the face to STH.... you get free tickets to three games. Really? That's like:

Hey, thank you so much for spending thousands of dollars during a recession to see Devils hockey! To reward you for your loyalty, we are giving you two tickets to three games that you're ALREADY GOING TO! But don't worry... these seats will be WORSE than the ones you already have!!!

Why not give the fans in the upper level a seat upgrade to three games? Why is that so hard?

In response to this, she did at least come up to me and my friend after the game and told me that she will remember our faces and next time we have an event like this to let them know. I guess the Devils didn't realize people would be coming from other sections to join the supporters section so they didn't let the ushers know about it.

She made me show her my ticket and asked me to leave the section during the national anthem, which I found disrespectful. She couldn't wait another minute for the song to finish?

And in response to your response. Maybe she felt bad for how she acted but it wasn't even her fault. We have to let the ushers know what's going on? Isn't that... I don't know... the Devils job? That usher is not going to be covering the same sections the next time... you'll get the same problem with a new person that has no idea what's going on.

Edited by njdevil26

And in response to your response. Maybe she felt bad for how she acted but it wasn't even her fault. We have to let the ushers know what's going on? Isn't that... I don't know... the Devils job? That usher is not going to be covering the same sections the next time... you'll get the same problem with a new person that has no idea what's going on.

Yea I agree, it doesn't make sense that the fans in the section would tell the usher what the deal is haha.

As for offering supporters section tickets for every game, I feel like it may be too soon to do that. I know I wouldn't be able to make most of the games and I'm sure there are many others in the same boat, so I think if we did this for every game we would stretch ourselves out too much and while it would be great to have this going on every game, the numbers would drastically decrease, and perhaps some people who aren't as dedicated would lose interest if it were a staple at games and not a once every month or so event. I think it's best to wait until we have a group large enough that we can safely assume we would have a big presence at every game before we do that.

I have $15 tickets - and won double your seasons - I've missed only 1 game so far and it's a rare occasion that I miss any.

My dad and I have sold most of our games this season, plus sold some of our additional "give away" seats and we've profited over $500...and I don't even sell the Rangers games (since my husband is a Rangers fan) and for most of the season I've only asked for $20 instead of the $30.

I'm not complaining at all about all my perks I get. But, I also understand what others are saying, but for me the benefits of guaranteed seats outweighs everything else to me. I just think our fanbase likes to whine and cry about everything no matter how much they're given.

And for the person saying we don't get discounts on parking - you most certainly do. The $20 lots are ~$14 for STH. You could also contact some of the lots personally and work out deals with them as we have done. We park right outside the front of the building for ~$13/game (that's a $25 lot).

Reading threads like these just make me laugh sometimes, it's one of the reasons on hfboards it's says "I hate our fans" underneath my forum name.

I never seemed to have that same problem as a few of yous had when it came to moving to one section where the banner was put up. I arrived super early for the game, so I chatted with the usher in my section regarding what might happen that night. I guess it would help to have them be aware beforehand. I guess I'm lucky that I only had to move to a different seat in the section.

Regarding value, it's unfortunate that the resale value is rather low. I think that appears to be an ongoing problem, combining that with constant ticket specials and general attendance issues. Let's not forget that whole economy thing.

I decided to go through Seat Geek and see what the best deal (based on their deal score, I'm not looking for lowest/highest price here) is for each of the remaining Devils games this season:

2/16 - Hurricanes: Sec 17, Row 21, $38

2/18 - Rangers: 19, 14, $227

3/2 - Lightning: 215, 7, $6

3/4 - Penguins: 104, 14, $40

3/8 - Senators: 226, 7, $6

3/12 - Islanders: 323, 7, $18

3/15 - Thrashers: 215, 7, $7

3/18 - Capitals: 120, 8, $33

3/30 - Islanders: 215, 6, $9

4/1 - Flyers: 103, 13, $40

4/2 - Canadians: 214, 2, $21

4/6 - Maple Leafs: 128, 3, $30

4/10 - Bruins: 231, 3, $24

If a person were to buy a ticket for each of those games based on the "best deal" (final price will of course vary), they'd pay $499 total. Take away the Ranger game and that total will turn up to be $272. Just about every one of those games are below face value. Good for the deal hunter, but not good for the season ticket holder who wants to sell his/her ticket for a game he/she can't make. Perhaps I'm one of those lucky people that wouldn't have a problem going to every game as a season ticket holder (oh by the way, I am for next season in case I didn't mention that several times before >_>).

[Forgot about the Flyers game.]

Edited by DeevFactor

I have $15 tickets - and won double your seasons - I've missed only 1 game so far and it's a rare occasion that I miss any.

My dad and I have sold most of our games this season, plus sold some of our additional "give away" seats and we've profited over $500...and I don't even sell the Rangers games (since my husband is a Rangers fan) and for most of the season I've only asked for $20 instead of the $30.

I'm not complaining at all about all my perks I get. But, I also understand what others are saying, but for me the benefits of guaranteed seats outweighs everything else to me. I just think our fanbase likes to whine and cry about everything no matter how much they're given.

And for the person saying we don't get discounts on parking - you most certainly do. The $20 lots are ~$14 for STH. You could also contact some of the lots personally and work out deals with them as we have done. We park right outside the front of the building for ~$13/game (that's a $25 lot).

Reading threads like these just make me laugh sometimes, it's one of the reasons on hfboards it's says "I hate our fans" underneath my forum name.

A big problem for me is that I'm down by Trenton at school, so I have to sell via StubHub since very few fans are willing to even meet me halfway to do an exchange in person.. I don't know what else to do.. Can't list tickets last minute on the Facebook group because I'd have to drive 70 minutes each way just to meet the person at the arena.. I don't even want a profit.. I'd just like to get back the $12 per ticket.. I'd even be willing to sell my remaining games to someone at $12 per ticket (my cost) and let them take any profit they can get

If anyone has a solution or wants to buy the tickets and try to turn a profit, I'd be happy to speak with you

A big problem for me is that I'm down by Trenton at school, so I have to sell via StubHub since very few fans are willing to even meet me halfway to do an exchange in person.. I don't know what else to do.. Can't list tickets last minute on the Facebook group because I'd have to drive 70 minutes each way just to meet the person at the arena.. I don't even want a profit.. I'd just like to get back the $12 per ticket.. I'd even be willing to sell my remaining games to someone at $12 per ticket (my cost) and let them take any profit they can get

If anyone has a solution or wants to buy the tickets and try to turn a profit, I'd be happy to speak with you

Why can't you email the tickets? All 4 tickets in your account can be emailed. The "doubles" just can't be listed on ticket exchange.

Why can't you email the tickets? All 4 tickets in your account can be emailed. The "doubles" just can't be listed on ticket exchange.

Would people buy last minute and be okay paypal'ing me the money? I guess I could give it a try.. In the past, I've found people to be worried about sending me money via Paypal..

Even so, $14 per ticket for front row 226 when they are $6 front row 229 is a tough sell.. I really want to meet these people who can sell upper level center and balcony/mezz for like $10.. They must be tryingto mitigate their losses :noclue:

Edit: I guess I would have to mitigate my losses as well but something is better than nothing

Edited by Colin226

Would people buy last minute and be okay paypal'ing me the money? I guess I could give it a try.. In the past, I've found people to be worried about sending me money via Paypal..

Even so, $14 per ticket for front row 226 when they are $6 front row 229 is a tough sell.. I really want to meet these people who can sell upper level center and balcony/mezz for like $10.. They must be tryingto mitigate their losses :noclue:

Edit: I guess I would have to mitigate my losses as well but something is better than nothing

For me being a female, I'd much rather paypal someone money then meet them to exchange tickets. And with that FB page, it's pretty legit and the minute I have someone tell me they didn't get tickets from someone I'd remove them from that group and make sure everyone knew not to buy again.

I've never had anyone have issues sending me money through paypal for tickets.

You didn't go but know it's a joke?

You were supposed to print tickets, forgot and got screwed. Maybe if you printed the tickets like you were supposed to you woulnd't have gotten screwed.

I may be wrong but I don't think most teams practices are open to the public for free.

(the rest is aimed at a few people here, not just the post I quoted)

If you buy clothes then a week later they go on sale, they don't give refunds to the people that bought it early.

The team offers a flex plan, use it. If the flex plan wasn't available, I could see where all the bitching is comeing from. It isn't the first year all of the discounts have been offered. If you bought fulls again (and are upset at all of the discounts) this year you only have yourself to blame becasue you knew this was a very possibly reality that the prices are too high compared to market value.

I did have full seasons from 88 until the move to newark (and went to 35+ each year). This year I got a flex plan for the games that might be tough to get discounts, and have gone the discounts/stubhub route for any other games I've wanted to go to. (paid $32 (after fees) for a lower bowl seat agasint car weds for example, helps that I don't mind going to the game alone so your mileage may vary) If you are worried about sitting with the same people, buy the discounted tickets and sit in your normal seat. My guess is that it would be empty anyway.

I also don't look at the tickets as investments either. I know stubhub type sites have changed the environment but when I had the full plan if I couldn't make a game, I had a list of people that were interested and usually ended up giving the tickets away cause I knew the hassle it would be to try and get anything for them. If it's that much of a finacial hardship to not sell the tickets perhaps you shouldn't be buying full seasons in the firstplace.

I'm still more upset that I have to spend $10 to park each game(well, park and path train, I admit, I'm a cheap bastard) instead of knowing all the ins and outs of parking for free at the meadowlands.

All this being said, I'm guessing full seasons are going to be majorly discounted next year. They are pushing the end zone balcony seats for next season cheap. I don't know the full detail but will be taking one of the arena tours soon so it may be a push to get anyone back next year. A sales rep also expect big changes next year but again it's a sales rep so take it for what it's worth.

Stop thinking of the tickets as an invenstment. If you don't plan on going to most of the games, don't get full seasons.

For me being a female, I'd much rather paypal someone money then meet them to exchange tickets. And with that FB page, it's pretty legit and the minute I have someone tell me they didn't get tickets from someone I'd remove them from that group and make sure everyone knew not to buy again.

I've never had anyone have issues sending me money through paypal for tickets.

Alright I'll have to give it a try.. What are the main channels that you've been able to successfully resell through? StubHub sucks because they charge the buyer and seller fees.. I feel like a lot of people check StubHub, but it's really hard to compete on there without essentially giving away the tickets..

I mean I've never been a typical complainer Devils fan.. Hell, I love the magnetic picture frame thing we got this year for the holiday gift.. I think the meet and greets are a lot of fun, and I love going to any game I want.. I just feel like tiered pricing would benefit both the STH and the team by capitalizing off of high demand games, and having lower prices without needing $50+ off discounts for low demand games.. The discounts won't even be that much of an issue for me after this season, but I genuinely think the team would benefit from a different pricing strategy

All this being said, I'm guessing full seasons are going to be majorly discounted next year. They are pushing the end zone balcony seats for next season cheap. I don't know the full detail but will be taking one of the arena tours soon so it may be a push to get anyone back next year. A sales rep also expect big changes next year but again it's a sales rep so take it for what it's worth.

I already know the price of the balconies for STH next season, and factoring that in with my rep telling me I should see other sections lowered, I'm pretty excited to see what is in store for next season :pray: Hopefully, though, it isn't just a "here's one season discounted because we played poorly, but if we do well next season we're re-raising even higher than before" type deal lol