Now Mario's turn to cry

eldon

^ Agreed. He has not controlled Cooke effectively. People in glass houses shouldnt throw stones, sure. But you cant expect the man to not say something when some of his kids are concussed. Hes gotta step up for his players, and I respect him for doing so.

and this lack of control is what lead to the Islander incident.....

Steckel's hit on Crosby was in no way intended, and the only way to get that out of the game is to ban hits, and then you might as well fold the NHL at THAT point, it's a tough game on a hard surface.... crap is gonna happen.....

Control your OWN house, then you can come crying to the rest of the league.....

Threatening to pack up and run away just makes you look like a bigger bitch and ruins any legit points you have......

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He never threatened to pack up and run away. He simply said the suspensions were not enough. And that is undeniable.

"If the events relating to Friday night reflect the state of the league, I need to re-think whether I want to be a part of it."

He never threatened to pack up and run away. He simply said the suspensions were not enough. And that is undeniable.

lolwut? “If the events relating to Friday night reflect the state of the league, I need to rethink whether I want to be a part of it."

How is that not threatening to take his ball and go home?

devlman - sorry I unloaded on you. You became for me the Pens sucking gretzsky lovin' Pat Quinn hiring NHL clique personified.

They are anti-hockey IMO. I just cannot hack the blindness. These guys want to rule hockey. and what they want is NOT hockey.

I'm not saying non-violence is not hockey. Anti-violence doesn't bother me at all. It's the self professed arbiters who --- they just aren't hockey. they do not understand it or respect it. they understand themselves and that's about it. To see a fellow Devil fan hop on that soap box and not even have a CLUE how they're being duped is infuriating to me.

Nothing personal :P Feel free to take it personally though it was truly not intended that way -- just a self-indulgent rant! My apologies. These guys are pretty much handing your ass to you in a more realistic way anyhow :evil:

Edited by Pepperkorn

Lol oh cmon he doesnt mean he wants to quit the league altogether. Hes not going to sell his stake in the Pens tomorrow because of this. Poor choice of words on his part but dont take that so literally.

He made the SAME EXACT crybaby statement YEARS ago about crying about teams playing DEFENSE on him.... it's in his history, though he should be proud.... by removing ALL the hooking and grabbing it's been a leading cause to these splatter-type hits that his boy Matt Cooke LOVES!

Lol oh cmon he doesnt mean he wants to quit the league altogether. Hes not going to sell his stake in the Pens tomorrow because of this. Poor choice of words on his part but dont take that so literally.

so you want people to assume he said something privatly to a player and to not pay attention what he actually said publicly, just what he meant to say?

The only way Mario can be calmed down is if you give his team a first round bye in the playoffs!

Mario Lemieux's Proposed Rule Changes When He Was A Player:

- No hooking.*

- No holding.*

- No hitting.*

* Rule does not apply to Ulf Samuelsson or Rich Tocchet.

Mario Lemieux's Proposed Rule Changes When He Is An Owner:

- No picking fights.*

- No cheap shots.*

- No hurting opponents.*

* Rule does not apply to Matt Cooke or Sidney Crosby.

Failure to make any of these proposed changes in immediate fashion will be met with swift retribution in the form of public displays of pissing, moaning, bitching, bellyaching, kicking, fussing, griping and/or groaning by the almighty one they call Mario. And if the changes still aren't made, then Mario will retreat to Valhalla to slumber and feed until there is something else to hypocritically whine about.