Mission Control

Colin226

So funny -- people are given a suggestion box basically -(ehhh...sorry Colin uhhh... I didnt' read your post :rofl: OK -- I read nothing but the bitching and coudn't contain myself :blush:) a two-way link to the organization - with a known open fair mediator in Colin - and are just not filled with enough common sense to figure out how this is a good thing for them?

You want DIRECTIONS? Brings to mind this classic scene:

Edited by Pepperkorn

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am also one of the Generals, along with Colin, and I know we are both open to ideas - so just let us know and we'll try and pass the info on.

For those not willing to give this a chance - someone on one of the other forums posted this and I thought it should be passed along:

This (along with the quote he had there)

I miss how they used to play "Runnin' With The Devil" right before the lights went out and the pre-game video started. If you were on the concourse and you heard that song starting, you knew you had about a minute to get to your seat.

I also miss hearing "Unchained" and that "Baby I'm Ready To Go" song when they first take the ice. But that's probably just because that's what they played when I first started going to games, not necessarily because they're better than what they're doing now. Nostalgia is a mind-clouding bitch sometimes. :lol:

It's NOT just nostalgia! Those 3 songs were my favorite too!!

I am in total agreement that the AWFUL pre-game bit NEEDS to go....along with the existing videos they play during stoppages. They need a complete overhaul. Yanni/Hells Bells works just fine..and it can be implemented next week. We shouldnt have to wait for next year.

Bring back the classic games fan can play like which train will get to the arena first, which hat is the puck under, etc...Please lose the mascot going to subway video :doh1:

Edited by devlman

I am in total agreement that the AWFUL pre-game bit NEEDS to go....along with the existing videos they play during stoppages. They need a complete overhaul. Yanni/Hells Bells works just fine..and it can be implemented next week. We shouldnt have to wait for next year.

Bring back the classic games fan can play like which train will get to the arena first, which hat is the puck under, etc...Please lose the mascot going to subway video :doh1:

Things aren't going to happen that quickly, but it will certainly be passed along. But this isn't just about Yanni/Hell's Bells and what music you like/don't like. This is a way for fans to have their voices heard with the organization.

If there is something that you want, we will certainly do our best to convey this to the organization, but we need input from you (other than music issues).

C'mon! You mean I'm the only one who watches in anticipation for that puck to hit the ice in the opening video? Every game I think it might not make it!!

I must praise something the arena has done, don't think this is particularly a Devils issue but...THANK YOU FOR LETTING US TAKE THE STAIRS ALL THE WAY OUT OF THE BUILDING AFTER GAMES. PLEASE LET THIS PRACTICE CONTINUE!!

how about you remove the slogan "our fans suck" from under your nicaname on hfboards? You may think its funny but for what you are doing for the team it reflects poorly. perhaps that should make a nice tweet around the fanbase and to the devils themselves? "devils general thinks our fans suck".

We are all allowed to have our own personal opinions - and I'm sure since they know I'm on HF they've seen it. It also had meaning earlier on in the season and I haven't changed it.

Just like I rant on my own personal twitter account about things I don't like - they don't have a problem with that. But go ahead and tweet away if you think it's a big deal.

How about we make a deal - when Devils fans stop chanting "Rangers Suck" at games we're not playing them - I'll remove my tag line on HF.

Edited by cj241

this is exactly why this whole thing is a bad idea. a few well known self-aggrandizing fan(s) with their own agendas.

Popping my head in here for the first time in a long time...

I disagree with this sentiment very strongly. There are 25 of us Generals (Yes, I am one), from various backgrounds and different levels of fandom.

Some of us have been friends, some of us have just met for the first time in this program. We are all on an even level, with none of us having any more say in anything then anyone else. All we can do is offer our time and energy to the Devils office staff to help them with what they ask of us. I can assure you that we cannot have our own agendas, because frankly, the Devils office doesn't care about anything besides their own concerns, i.e., improving fan experience and building a strong social media community. They have their agenda, and that's it.

We've had many group discussions with the front office staff running this program about how this program is exactly the opposite of what you just said.

And finally, the Devils Army Generals program isn't really geared towards fans already posting on NJDevs/HFBoards and what have you. It's to get the causal fans more involved with the team, getting them to come to more games, and build the sense of community that those of us who post on message boards already have. So, no, maybe at first there isn't a lot this program can do for people here specifically. But all we're asking is that you give it a shot and maybe let it work it's course a little before deeming it a failure.

this is exactly why this whole thing is a bad idea. a few well known self-aggrandizing fan(s) with their own agendas.

:unsure: Did a dude just join up on this message board to preach his own personal agenda of intolerance against one of our posters because said poster has a personal agenda?

HEY! Are you Mario Lemieux?

Seriously -- way to build credibility here :lol:

Edited by Pepperkorn

I respect the Devils efforts to bring fans more into the fold and get them interacting online to further awareness and excitement for the team. The questions I've posed a few times directly to them and through other channels is that AT&T service is incredibly flakey at the Rock and makes interacting during the game a major headache. I'd love to post to Twitter and FB during the game but despite AT&T showing typically a have 3 or more bars of service and 3G internet (iPhone 4) most of the time nothing is happening. How about some wifi option or some boost in AT&T service in the Rock so we can actually use these tools they are preaching?

I respect the Devils efforts to bring fans more into the fold and get them interacting online to further awareness and excitement for the team. The questions I've posed a few times directly to them and through other channels is that AT&T service is incredibly flakey at the Rock and makes interacting during the game a major headache. I'd love to post to Twitter and FB during the game but despite AT&T showing typically a have 3 or more bars of service and 3G internet (iPhone 4) most of the time nothing is happening. How about some wifi option or some boost in AT&T service in the Rock so we can actually use these tools they are preaching?

There are a few generals who have AT&T and have brought up the issue - we can bring it up to them and see what happens.

I understand that a lot of you are into Heavy Metal type music, but they also have to appeal to the children. That is why you get the nonsense that is being played.

I personally cant stand it, but the majority of people are crying out for YANNI!

Id use Tubular Bells as an intro, then go into something like The Black Angels.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNgyVliUM3c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tP1URmERGC0

Edited by ghdi

thats another thing I've wondered. the devils should definitely have a public wifi option, something with an internal wifi service which would direct you to the devils website upon connecting to said wifi, then allowing you to continue as a guest or whatnot. Thats going to be market exposure for every person that brings a wifi-capable phone or ipod/ipad/laptop and sees that upon connecting. The only wifi options that are there now are password protected (but nothing a lucky guess didn't fix for me :uni: ). If the organization really wants to embrace social media then public wifi is a must-have.

edit:

ALSO IMO, nothing will ever be better as an intro song. But you know this already.

DIAMOND DAVE!

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil

Well, the Devils are listening to what you're saying. I can't make any promises or guarantees about a new intro, but they've made it clear that they hear you!

pepperkorn-this was the first thread i read. i am familiar with cj from hfboards where she is a regular. she is not a regular here form the looks of it. cj has a slogan of "our fans suck" under her nicname on hf. her being a general and reaching out to the fanbase she claims sucks on behalf of the devils is a disgrace. then when confronted she reacts and shows her agenda towards the fanbase as clear as day. i am sorry that this does not bother you but it shows partially why this is a bad idea.

I've asked you to PM me and I'll gladly explain why I have that there. I don't have any personal agenda I can assure you that.

And if you know me from hf, why would you drag that over here and not confront me on there?

Honest to goodness -- my 8 year old would be so happy with just organ music.

She was playing a game online and said MOmmy! Hockey music!" I said How did you know that? Did you hear that music at a game? she looked at me like I was nuts.... I never noticed it - and certainly never knew she'd heard it and equated it with hockey!!

So while I would have said organ music should be played more I can say -- it's already ingrained in one 8 year olds mind as the music of hockey. :noclue:

I second the connectivity issue. Obviously the Generals will have wifi passwords and all.... While I wont be posting during a game - I'd have liked to have been able to communicate in real time with JoeB. A 30 second delay really f**ks any spur of the moment intermission meet ups you might have!

thats another thing I've wondered. the devils should definitely have a public wifi option, something with an internal wifi service which would direct you to the devils website upon connecting to said wifi, then allowing you to continue as a guest or whatnot. Thats going to be market exposure for every person that brings a wifi-capable phone or ipod/ipad/laptop and sees that upon connecting. The only wifi options that are there now are password protected (but nothing a lucky guess didn't fix for me :uni: ). If the organization really wants to embrace social media then public wifi is a must-have.

yeah but you come to the game just to tweet to your buddies across the rink "OMG! we scored!" It's like the people who pay for a ticket and spend half the game at the Goal Bar watching it on TV.

would turn out like this at the game:

http://media.noob.us/familyguypeterquagmiretexting.flv

Edited by Legion15

yeah but you come to the game just to tweet to your buddies across the rink "OMG! we scored!" It's like the people who pay for a ticket and spend half the game at the Goal Bar watching it on TV.

would turn out like this at the game:

http://media.noob.us/familyguypeterquagmiretexting.flv

not at all, what if someone wanted to view the boxscore on their laptop or ipod? what if they have NHL gamecenter and follow the game sitting at one of the mezzanine tables? this is the age we live in