Mission Control

Colin226

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It definitely wasn't cheap and the team, right through ownership, are very excited about this and really want to see it succeed.. I'm not saying you have to buy in right away, but give it a chance..

A big discussion on twitter is about bringing back Hells Bells and Yani for the pre game intro video.. The team is listening and if a movement starts, it will probably come back next season

I'm always willing to give new stuff a chance bro, and I hope it goes as planned and works out for all involved. As far as the Yanni/Hell's Bells pre-game intro- I'm all for that! That intro used to send chills down my spine back in the day, especially before a playoff game. Count me in on that idea.

A big discussion on twitter is about bringing back Hells Bells and Yani for the pre game intro video.. The team is listening and if a movement starts, it will probably come back next season

oh god, please do anything other than the current pregame opening which is simply awful - i mean bad enough that as a season ticket holder, i specifically try and avoid getting to my seat to see it.

i hope i'm not in the minority, but last year's unfortunately short lived playoff opening was superb - easily the best they've had in the last 10 years.

No.

this. unfortunately there's a certain tune they won't play on the organ anymore because it always leads to the crowd chanting "RANGERS SUCK" now some guy has to whistle it. oh well, I only really notice it when some moron has the balls to wear a Rangers jersey at the Rock when A) we aren't playing them, or B) They aren't even playing that night. It's like you go in just asking for it when you do that.

oh god, please do anything other than the current pregame opening which is simply awful - i mean bad enough that as a season ticket holder, i specifically try and avoid getting to my seat to see it.

i hope i'm not in the minority, but last year's unfortunately short lived playoff opening was superb - easily the best they've had in the last 10 years.

i liked the opening with the guy getting off the train. we need more energetic songs during key times. songs by Prodigy (not just Firestarter or Breathe, although I have heard them play Spitfire lately, could play a more recent track like Omen) Sandstorm is always good. Something with some pumping bass or a fast beat, or something with just an overall great vibe. Ramones may be classic but Blitzkrieg Bop seems kind of cheesy at a modern hockey game, fit well in the late 80s/early 90s... I guess it all comes down to what they have the rights to play in a public setting like that. I even remember the problem with Rock N Roll Part 2, how they had to suspend using it for the goal song because of a rights problem. All this "needing to have rights to play in a public setting" business is just silly. It's not like they get to play the whole song and people have recorders in the crowd to tape it...

$.02

i liked the opening with the guy getting off the train. we need more energetic songs during key times. songs by Prodigy (not just Firestarter or Breathe, although I have heard them play Spitfire lately, could play a more recent track like Omen) Sandstorm is always good. Something with some pumping bass or a fast beat, or something with just an overall great vibe. Ramones may be classic but Blitzkrieg Bop seems kind of cheesy at a modern hockey game, fit well in the late 80s/early 90s... I guess it all comes down to what they have the rights to play in a public setting like that. I even remember the problem with Rock N Roll Part 2, how they had to suspend using it for the goal song because of a rights problem. All this "needing to have rights to play in a public setting" business is just silly. It's not like they get to play the whole song and people have recorders in the crowd to tape it...

$.02

Re: Rock and Roll Part II - I believe the problem was Gary Glitter was a pedo and they didn't want the money to go to him. Apparently they found the way to avoid that, since the song is back.

BTW, what can the team do about the FANS shouting "You suck"? The only thing would be dumping R&RP2 altogether, but this song is a part of this team's tradition (unlike others', who just started using it when it started becoming more common) and people actually had to fight for it to be back.

I miss how they used to play "Runnin' With The Devil" right before the lights went out and the pre-game video started. If you were on the concourse and you heard that song starting, you knew you had about a minute to get to your seat.

I also miss hearing "Unchained" and that "Baby I'm Ready To Go" song when they first take the ice. But that's probably just because that's what they played when I first started going to games, not necessarily because they're better than what they're doing now. Nostalgia is a mind-clouding bitch sometimes. :lol:

The whole bit with the people walking into the Rock and all that? I HATE IT.

Id have some seriously evil music since we're the fvcking Devils for crying out loud. And lots of smoke and fire and all that. FIRE FIRE FIRE.

I'm pro Yanni-Hells Bells too but the thing is when we had them as the intro people were begging us to dump it and now that we don't have it everyone wants it to come back. It's like we get bored of the intro after a couple years, but that said this current intro is unspeakably bad. Maybe I'd like it a little more if not for those over the top canned crowd shots that are a part of it.

I miss how they used to play "Runnin' With The Devil" right before the lights went out and the pre-game video started. If you were on the concourse and you heard that song starting, you knew you had about a minute to get to your seat.

I also miss hearing "Unchained" and that "Baby I'm Ready To Go" song when they first take the ice. But that's probably just because that's what they played when I first started going to games, not necessarily because they're better than what they're doing now. Nostalgia is a mind-clouding bitch sometimes. :lol:

I miss literally all of that. You pretty much just defined my childhood in one post.

Am I alone in this when I remember they would play Devil Inside by INXS during Warm Ups? I miss that. I think they were still wearing their Christmas Tree jerseys when they used that song.

You're not alone, I remember that well! And yeah, they were still wearing the Christmas Tree jerseys.

I am also one of the Generals, along with Colin, and I know we are both open to ideas - so just let us know and we'll try and pass the info on.

For those not willing to give this a chance - someone on one of the other forums posted this and I thought it should be passed along:

My observation as a business professional that has seen several "launches" of new products, services and projects;

Perhaps people need to understand that Mission Control and the Army Generals are not simply a suggestion box for filing complaints?

It is a linkage to information about the team, events, players and a more personal way to get behind the scenes than just being a spectator. All I've ever heard from fans about the marketing and operations is that the Devils lag far behind other teams and this is finally their way of demonstrating they hear you and want to do something unique.

Complaining it still sucks, is a waste and using it as a vehicle to broadcast dissent will only get it shut down before it ever has a chance to grow and become something better. A sure fire way to never get invited back to dinner is to tell the host they're preparing the meal wrong before anyone even gets a chance to taste it.

It doesn't all have to be cotton candy compliments and head nodding but at least try to support the effort and understand it's an entirely new concept coming directly from the Devils front office. I would think any effort that shrinks the gap from the fans to the team would be welcomed with open arms rather than reviewed like a youtube video of a kid singing on his webcam.

Also realize that the members of HF are far in front of the curve where most fans of the team are technologically and while the information being presented at times may not be entirely new to us, it probably is to over 80% of the fanbase that is not as tech-saavy and familiar with social networking as us. We are an online community already so evaluating it solely on it's benefits to you is a skewed evaluation. Imagine if your only interaction with other Devils fans or the team was Devils Facebook page or just visiting the website... you'd love the chance to get more information and interact with other fans like we already do everyday.

Just let it breathe guys... let it breathe.

Edited by cj241

Am I alone in this when I remember they would play Devil Inside by INXS during Warm Ups? I miss that. I think they were still wearing their Christmas Tree jerseys when they used that song.

92-93 was the last season they did that. They came out to Standing on Top of the World by Van Halen the next season. I can't remember names or my parents' anniversary and they've been married 47 years but I remember this.

Edited by skeeter