Mission Control

Colin226

I became a fan in first grade when I went to my first hockey game, Devils and Blackhawks in either the 92-93 or 93-94 season, it was a 2-2 tie. I went with my dad, I think my uncle got us the tickets. At that point I was still too young to understand the concept of regular season and playoffs and championships so I just kind of liked to watch hockey on TV and collect hockey cards but didn't really follow the standings or anything much. Probably once I got to about 4th grade or so I started to follow the playoffs, and once I got to about 6th or 7th grade I paid closer attention to the standings. For much of this time it was hard for me to watch the games because we didn't get FSNY or Sports Channel or whatever it was then. I had to put the channel on and just listen to the play by play but couldn't really see much through the distorted lines and whatever moving across my screen.

As I got to 8th or 9th grade I started listening to games on the radio instead, and the summer after the Devils won the Cup in 2003, just after my sophomore year finished, I discovered NJDevs.com and made me a more engulfed fan. I was able to keep track of the roster much better than before and just knew more overall about the Devils once I joined this site. The next year my family finally ordered FSNY and I was able to watch the games on TV once again.

Ha!! I remember doing the same thing.. It was like Christmas when the random distortion would like sync up and you'd get 1 or 2 seconds of semi-realistic looking picture

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha!! I remember doing the same thing.. It was like Christmas when the random distortion would like sync up and you'd get 1 or 2 seconds of semi-realistic looking picture

Haha yea, I remember getting so annoyed when there would be a close play and Doc or whoever would say something like, "Let's look at the replay and see what happens here!" No Doc, I can't see what happens here.

Edited by devilsfan26