"ROCK YOUR RED" DEVILS VIEWING PARTY AT MIAMI MIKE'S in Ea

dragonfly1113

"ROCK YOUR RED" DEVILS VIEWING PARTY AT MIAMI MIKE'S SPORTS ZONE (http://www.miamimikes.com) which is located at the Ramada Inn in East Hanover NJ across from the movie theater. SPONSORED BY SPORTS EXPRESS & SPORTS MINDED UNLIMITED. THE DEVILS WILL TAKE ON THE CAROLINA HURRICANES. GAMETIME 7PM This sat the 19th. Every single one of these parties just gets bigger and bigger, so come on down and show that nj pride as the devils whoop on the Hurricane!

-ARRIVE AT 530PM FOR THE PRE-PARTY WITH MUSIC & ENTERTAINMENT FROM ARTIE THE MAGICIAN

-SPORTS EXPRESS & SPORTS MINDED UNLIMITED RAFFLING OFF DEVILS MEMORABILIA FOR A LOCAL CHILDREN'S ORGANIZATION

-DRINK SPECIALS AVAILABLE

-APPEARANCE BY THE DEVILS CHEERLEADERS

Address is:

130 State Route 10, East Hanover, NJ

Phone Number is:

(973) 386-5622 ‎

this just in bruce driver nj devs alum will be in attendance at this party!

Edited by dragonfly1113

I was at the last one, somehow won club seats to the Detroit game, an autographed Elias/Zajac picture and an autographed Bruce Driver puck...so I'll probably go to this one too :lol:

The only 'sound effects' I remember from the one in December is the goal horn that went off after our two goals that game (against Ottawa).

just got back from mikes. it was first time and there and I had a great time. I wish there more sports bar like that in general. I talked to mike right when I wAs leaving and he gave me a shout out from drving from exit 77 if anyone heard that. it was me, I really wnted that clarkson jersey.

Yeah I didn't get the five different colors and sizes of tickets for the raffle, made it very confusing lol.

But otherwise it was much better than even the first one (despite my not winning anything in this raffle haha), of course the team's play now compared to December had a lot to do with that. I got there just before 6:30 and there wasn't even room to walk around really, thankfully I found a couple of my friends there who had an extra seat or two at their table.

And yeah I'm down for a free seat upgrade though it is amusing how they had 300 lower level tickets to give away for the Thrasher game next month. Probably should have brought my camera in to get a picture with Driver but oh well, not like he's not going to be around all the time anyway :lol:

They announced they're having another one March 6 - the afternoon game against the Isles - so I should be at that one too.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Had a good time and won the Zharkov signed pic in the raffle.. The place was packed.. Definitely need to get there earlier next time.. Food was good.. Beer was a little pricey

I was, however, really pissed off with my waitress.. First, she told me pints were $3.75 but we were charged $4.50.. Not too huge a deal but it's a little annoying.. Then, we tried splitting our bill amongst 3 credit cards (do it all the time at other restaurants) and she comes back saying "This doesn't add up to $57".. You're right, honey, it adds up to $67 and includes tip so what's the problem? She got flustered and just walked away.. We got stared down as we left and when my girlfriend checked her credit card statement this morning she found that she was charged the entire bill on her card, while the other kid we were with and I were charged our 1/3.. So basically she charged us our entire bill plus 2/3.. Wayyy too much

So if you ever go to Miami Mike's, don't get Joclyne (spelling might be off) to be your waitress.. She can't perform elementary math and it hurts her feelings

Edited by Colin226

lol. that's pretty bad. i hope you've already disputed the charges. who DOES that?

Yup, called the credit card company and we have the receipt to back up our case.. I don't understand why she got upset and would add a $36 charge to a card after my gf had signed a receipt for $21.. Talk about awful awful awful service!! I don't blame Mike, though.. He was a cool guy and these girls are easily replaced.. Can't see how she could keep her job after this..

the place in general is kind of a rip off. menu is way over priced

Agreed. The place is fun and overall pretty good. But I got served a Sam Adams in a plastic cup that was less than a pint and it was $5.50. I know SA is pricier than the swill Bud is, but at $5.50 I should have gotten a full pint. The girls there were not the brightest too as Colin mentioned. The blonde one in the short shorts who was selling raffle tickets couldn't get the concept that $20 = 30 tickets since it was $10 for 15. She kept trying to have him buy $15 for 15 and the guy from Sports Express had to clear it up for her.

Also food was alright, but again pricey. $29 for the Championship Platter and none of it was really memorable except the Capt'n Crunch coated chicken tenders. However, it was not a good memory though.

Overall I would go there again, but I would just have 1 or 2 drinks and watch the game and that's it.

Agreed. The place is fun and overall pretty good. But I got served a Sam Adams in a plastic cup that was less than a pint and it was $5.50. I know SA is pricier than the swill Bud is, but at $5.50 I should have gotten a full pint. The girls there were not the brightest too as Colin mentioned. The blonde one in the short shorts who was selling raffle tickets couldn't get the concept that $20 = 30 tickets since it was $10 for 15. She kept trying to have him buy $15 for 15 and the guy from Sports Express had to clear it up for her.

Also food was alright, but again pricey. $29 for the Championship Platter and none of it was really memorable except the Capt'n Crunch coated chicken tenders. However, it was not a good memory though.

Overall I would go there again, but I would just have 1 or 2 drinks and watch the game and that's it.

Yeah those were definitely not pints, which pissed me off.. Next time I'll grab Chipotle and eat in the parking lot, then go in and sip a beer or two the entire game.. Wouldn't go back unless it was for another viewing party

I got the "Championship Platter" as well and thought it was pretty damn weak for nearly $30 bucks. The Captn Crunch chicken tenders were UNBELIEVABLE though!

Another great time @ MM's! Even though I didn't win any prizes, it was for a good cause, and the free tix vs Atlanta were icing on the cake. My only gripe, and a minor one ... what happened to the deep-fried mac n cheese wedges? :(