Hockey Tips

JesterDevil

Just thought we should start a thread that can help anyone out there that plays maybe improve their game.

I for one am intrested in how to incress my endurance. Lately when I've been playing my mind gets cloudy fast and I make some dumb plays, or my legs feel like they are 10 tons. I know I should do some running or lift weights and stuff, but I'm looking for any specific examples of exercises I should do to help me skate better and keep my vision clear.

Edited by JesterDevil

just play more. the more you play the better your indurance gets. 

No question, as far as endurance, don't forget to fuel your body correctly. And that doesn't mean Powerbars, or junk Carbs. Not all Carbs are helpful to endurance, and an abundance of Carbs will only turn to fat if not used.

The only other tip I give people playing is buy the most expensive equipment you can afford. Now that is a pretty blanket statement, but the point is, the better your equipment the better you can function on the ice. The lighter skates, or the better protection offered, or the quicker release from composite sticks, etc. All of these items can, and will improve your game, while offering significant support, and protection. This doesn't mean you need all top of the line stuff, just that there is significant, measurable gains to be had, in each level of better equipment.

Chris

For endurance problems go to GNC and buy Endurox Excel. It puts back the vitamins and minerals you lose when you play or workout and allows you to go longer. Its not a steriod. I take it, the stuff works great Ive had no adverse side affects from it. And another tip to get better is play against guys that are much better than you. Doing that will push you to play harder against them and youll pick up some things while playing against them.