Langenbrunner: Devils painted me as bad guy

Z-Man

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? We're still on this issue? So tired of this "captain cranky" Bs from the fans. it was mostly mac's fault this season not langenbrunner and I never saw anything formally saying he didn't get along with Jacques. as well as we're playing I will always maintain losing Jamie was a bad thing. although it will be exponentially worse if Lou fails to get it done signing Parise.

Whenever someone -- male or female says "you don't love me enough" --- OR if you FEEL someone doesn't love you enough.... it means the opposite. You don't love me = I don't love you - MAKE me love you again.

"I don't love you any more" means "I know no matter what you say or do, I don't feel you are capable of loving me"

Whenever someone -- male or female says "you don't love me enough" --- OR if you FEEL someone doesn't love you enough.... it means the opposite. You don't love me = I don't love you - MAKE me love you again.

"I don't love you any more" means "I know no matter what you say or do, I don't feel you are capable of loving me"

I think thats really how he felt. I liked Langs. He was a solid player for most of his career here in NJ. Ill always appreciate what he did for the team and for the longest time how he held his number and logo on his chest. I wish him the best. I was always a fan of his.

I think thats really how he felt. I liked Langs. He was a solid player for most of his career here in NJ. Ill always appreciate what he did for the team and for the longest time how he held his number and logo on his chest. I wish him the best. I was always a fan of his.

And that's why this hurts so much. I've tried to forgive Jamie more times than I would for any other player except Dog or Dano, even Marty, and he keeps piling it on. I still remember the good things, and I don't feel like I wasted my money or got tricked when I bought his jersey, but I also can't bring myself to wear it anymore.

I do feel bad for anyone that has his jersey, I couldn't stand hime the last past few seasons. Call me crazy but I'd rather be rocking a gomer jersey

I get why some fans have grown disillusioned with Langs, but it's blatant exaggerations like what I bolded that make the whole "hate Langs" agenda seem overblown and at times almost comical.

So when Langs was an important contributor on the ZZPop line, I'm sure you were saying "God, I really can't stand this guy, get rid of him."

When he was enjoying his career year in '08-'09, I'm sure you were muttering "Jeez, I can't take all of this goal-scoring, I hate watching this guy."

At least be accurate and say that the last year or so bugged you, and not blow it up to longer than that for no other reason than it's become cool to hate Langs.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Never said I hate him, and I've never had a big huge attatchment to him.So yes anywhere through out his career here I wouldn't of been upset if he was traded.Obv I cheered if he had scored cause I'm not that kind of fan that boos my own team, but I can have an opinion on what players I like and don't care for

Never said I hate him, and I've never had a big huge attatchment to him.So yes anywhere through out his career here I wouldn't of been upset if he was traded.Obv I cheered if he had scored cause I'm not that kind of fan that boos my own team, but I can have an opinion on what players I like and don't care for

Here you make it sound like you were more indifferent to him. Big difference from saying that you couldn't stand him the past few seasons.

I think everything Langs said was fair and it was a very respectable interview.

Funny, I didn't really see anything in that interview that was so offensive...I thought his comment about having trouble getting up for the playoffs was far worse than anything he said in this interview, and I get the impression he was just answering questions that were put to him. But the sharks smell chum in the water and are swirling...

Langenbrunner was one of my all-time favorite Devils when he was here. I do wonder if the crybaby thing was blown out of proportion; but even past all of that was the fact that he wasn't a very good hockey player any more. People saying "GOOD RIDDANCE!" and "DON'T LET THE DOOR HIT YOUR ASS!" forget that he was one of the MAJOR reasons why we won the cup in 03. The turnaround in 07-08 was largely fueled by his return, too. He was the captain of the franchise we all put blood, sweat, and tears into. I really hate that people have this much distaste for him.

If the Stars make the playoffs and the Devils don't, I'll cheer Lags on the whole playoff run.

Good for you.

Many people gave him his props as he was integral to 2003 and for the most part his time here was positive, but it was clear his time here was up. I don't think its ironic that since he's been gone, we've been the hottest team in the league. Things change. I appreciate his contributions in the past, but that is still 8 years ago. Relationships sour.

He needed to be gone. I was glad to see him leave. Its obviously not a Gomer situation, but it still is what it is. He should've been gone in the offseason.

Langenbrunner was one of my all-time favorite Devils when he was here. I do wonder if the crybaby thing was blown out of proportion; but even past all of that was the fact that he wasn't a very good hockey player any more. People saying "GOOD RIDDANCE!" and "DON'T LET THE DOOR HIT YOUR ASS!" forget that he was one of the MAJOR reasons why we won the cup in 03. The turnaround in 07-08 was largely fueled by his return, too. He was the captain of the franchise we all put blood, sweat, and tears into. I really hate that people have this much distaste for him.

If the Stars make the playoffs and the Devils don't, I'll cheer Lags on the whole playoff run.

Just as you criticize people for "forgetting" about 03 or his good seasons, I could say that you are apparently "forgetting" about his terrible drop off in play and effort, his admission that he didn't care about the playoffs, and his refusal to waive his no-trade before the season even though his time in Jersey was up. And that's not mentioning any of the rumors about locker room issues which you claim were overblown.

Don't act like you're a better fan than the others who criticize him just because you choose to forget the negative things and remember him only for the positive things. If you're truly surprised that so many people have distaste for him after some of the stuff that went on, then you're being naive.

I would agree that some people have gone too far in criticizing him unfairly, but I think even more people have gone too far in jealously defending him. Some people are starting to just sound like fanboys, IMO.

Good for you.

Many people gave him his props as he was integral to 2003 and for the most part his time here was positive, but it was clear his time here was up. I don't think its ironic that since he's been gone, we've been the hottest team in the league. Things change. I appreciate his contributions in the past, but that is still 8 years ago. Relationships sour.

He needed to be gone. I was glad to see him leave. Its obviously not a Gomer situation, but it still is what it is. He should've been gone in the offseason.

+1

Very well said

We are on a roll since he's left, BUTJacque is also not constantly juggling lines and kovy is also playing good defense and passing the puck. So some of the things Jamie was complaining about have been corrected! Him and lamaire could not co-exist so a change needed to be made. out with the old in with the new!

It's not Jaime's fault, really. I mean, you can blame him partly for not waiving his no-trade in September. That would have stabilized things a bit for the Devils salary wise then. But, he earned his no-trade, and hence, had every right not to waive it.

Lou put the team in a bad predicament signing Hedberg, Tallinder, Clarkson, and Volchenkov way before Kovy. To boot, he put a novice coach at the helm of a star-studded squad that was clearly down on its luck and morale. So, the perfect storm was definitely brewing for captain Langenbrunner from the get-go.

How do you captain a team that doesn't want you? You try, but "how hard" is the question...

Jaime was not a vocal person...very monotone and very subdued in interviews. In fact, towards the end, Jaime wasn't even the one interviewed in the locker room after debacle games...Patty was the guy answering questions...

So, this team needed a vocal leader...one that settled the troops in times of turbulence- Jaime just wasn't that guy, nor was Johnny Mac that guy.

Jacques experience and fire for the game helped change the attitudes of the players, but will it be enough to avenge for last year's disappointment? We'll see...

How do you captain a team that doesn't want you? You try, but "how hard" is the question...

Brian Rolston answered that question a lot better than Jamie did. When you suffer in comparison to Rolston that's bad :lol:

Yes when Langs' career is done we should remember the few good years more than the one lousy year but right now the one lousy year is the most in front of our minds and he's passing the buck, acting the way some of us suspected he was once his effort started dropping off.

Not only that but he admitted his heart wasn't into this season just like he admitted he wasn't into it emotionally during last year's playoffs. I'm not saying hold this year against him forever but you can't just gloss over it either because of the first few years.

Please, Rockies. Keep weeping for him while he digs his own grave deeper. All the vitriol Jamie is getting, he's brought upon himself with his sh!t attitude.

The people on this board are emotional whackos, but we are generally very fair when it comes to treatment of ex-players, especially ones who accomplished what Jamie did when he was here. His fall from grace was precipitous and he took down a team, a playoff run and a coach with him before doing it all over again at the beginning of this year. He did an incredible amount of damage in a short time, I think that much is clear. He can go whine all he wants now in his giant Dallas house on his big pile of cash while surrounded by many beautiful women.

well put... I am so glad I started that thread a few weeks ago bashing him.